Starbuck
miesha
Level 44
Sex Appeal: 65601
Atheista
06.12.2020 03:20:18
miesha

Bimbo Bear wrote:
I dropped out of college, and I don't know that I'll ever go back. I had very lofty ideas of what college would be, but I hated it, for the most part, and also found that, even with accommodations, the system didn't work for me (I have ADHD, and at the time, my PTSD was very bad, and I was "coping" with it through addiction.) I don't have any strong advice, but, what you're feeling isn't in any way irrational, and I think you're making a good choice. And yes, you can always go back to college as an older adult, I have a friend who's doing that right now.
Thank you for understanding. I often feel alone in making this choice because as of now my boyfriend wants to continue his education, my family wants me to because I'm a first generation student in our family, and literally everyone else keeps telling me my grades are too good to drop out even though I feel so unhappy with how my life is going right now. Even with accommodations I barely get by with cheating unfortunately since most of the time that is my ONLY option. Again thank you for your understanding and advice as well, I appreciate everything that has been told to me from both you and CinnamonSugar.  

06.12.2020 03:20:18
19, she/he pronouns ONLY. Barely on the site anymore so don’t bother. Please don’t interact with me if we aren’t friends, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable and anxious. 
CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Sex Appeal: 3224384
Freethinkerland
07.12.2020 15:36:16
CinnamonSugar

Johana567 wrote:
Well, I have depression :c

Welcome Johana. I also have a form of depression. Where I live there are different types of depression & different types of mood disorders. Is this true around the world? I'm not sure if everyone uses the same diagnostic terms & criteria. 

I have had a lot of diagnoses. But, one of them is Chronic Depression a.k.a. Persistent Depression a.k.a. Dysthymia. Unlike Major Depressive Episodes which only have to last 2 weeks to be diagnosed, chronic depression has to last at least 2 years. I was diagnosed in 2011, but I have probably had it longer. I know at least 2 other people who were also diagnosed with this & we all agree it started in childhood, even though we weren't diagnosed as children. 

I actually get Major Depressive Episodes on top of the chronic depression. I have a persistent/chronic depressed mood but then drop lower when something happen.for example, this year I lost my job, my apartment, and my grandmother. Definitely reasons to feel depressed, in my opinion. So, now, I have almost no motivation. At one point, I basically just laid on the couch all day & even stopped showering. I am now able to get out of bed or off the couch & shower & eat & brush my teeth but a lot of other things still get left undone. 

I let my mail pile up. I stopped checking my email, etc. My goal for today is to start sorting through the mail that piled up on my desk. 

Does anyone else have a goal for today?

07.12.2020 15:36:16
“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” ~Stephen Fry
Living with depression? Connect with others at the Mental Health Check-in.
antisepticeye
Level 21
Sex Appeal: 6952
Reasonopia
07.12.2020 16:33:25
antisepticeye

I'm so cool you could refrigerate stuff on me

07.12.2020 16:33:25
vegaaninen
Level 40
Sex Appeal: 47884
Atheista
11.12.2020 09:35:56
vegaaninen

i think this is vaguely on topic but does anyone have experience with weighted blankets? i have some rather newfound sensory processing issues which has caused me to sleep with two blankets for a while now and i'm looking into buying one because now that the heating in my apartment was turned up it's getting rather toasty. but i'm trying to figure how heavy is too heavy you know?

also my depression has been a bitch recently but my therapist says it might be a good thing because it could mean my brain is no longer under the amount of stress it was in when my family member first got seriously ill. so idk i'm trying to allow myself to rest and also doing my best to actually remember my meds because if i don't i get withdrawals which make me dissociate. my bf got me a pill box with compartments for each day to help me with that which i thought was quite nice of him :')

11.12.2020 09:35:56
she/her
Forest Witch
Level 46
Sex Appeal: 76566
Secville
11.12.2020 11:21:37
Forest Witch

I have a weighted blanket and it really makes me feel safe and hugged which I need. It shouldn't be heavier than 10% of your weight.

Also hello there lovely humans, to hop on the mentally ill wagon - I'm struggling with depression, borderline personality disorder and an eating disorder :')

11.12.2020 11:21:37
“She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” - Rainbow Rowell
CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Freethinkerland
14.12.2020 16:09:23
CinnamonSugar

vegaaninen wrote:
i think this is vaguely on topic but does anyone have experience with weighted blankets? i have some rather newfound sensory processing issues which has caused me to sleep with two blankets for a while now and i'm looking into buying one because now that the heating in my apartment was turned up it's getting rather toasty. but i'm trying to figure how heavy is too heavy you know?

also my depression has been a bitch recently but my therapist says it might be a good thing because it could mean my brain is no longer under the amount of stress it was in when my family member first got seriously ill. so idk i'm trying to allow myself to rest and also doing my best to actually remember my meds because if i don't i get withdrawals which make me dissociate. my bf got me a pill box with compartments for each day to help me with that which i thought was quite nice of him :')

I've been using a weighted blanket on & off for over a year. It still might feel "rather toasty" because you'll have 7 kilos (or whatever weight you choose) on top of you. There are some available with sweat-wicking fabric, though. 

As for the weight to choose, I agree with Forest Witch that I've heard ~10% of your body weight is recommended. However, I would also recommend checking with your doctor, especially if you have physical conditions. I think the weight from weighted blankets can make some physical conditions worse. For example, if you already have trouble breathing at night, putting weight on your chest could make it worse. 

As for remembering to take your meds, you can also put reminders on your electronic devices. One option is to simply put in reminders on your digital calendar. For example, the Google Calendar (and probably others) can provide reminders on your phone & computer & will let you set recurring reminders (i.e. same time every day or even every 12 hours, if you take a med every 12 hours). There are also several apps, if you have a smartphone. Medisafe (Android) is free & can also alert your BF (or another person of your choice) if you don't mark your meds "taken." 

14.12.2020 16:09:23
“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” ~Stephen Fry
LacunaBatata
Level 41
Sex Appeal: 54260
Freethinkerland
14.12.2020 16:41:55
LacunaBatata

Hello everyone! so this is a very personal issue but I'm out here to share it with everyone!
I've been overweight almost all my life, even though I was pretty much into sports and physical stuff but I always had extra pounds on my body. My dad died 4  years ago so I basically locked myself at home, ate all the time to feel better and I gained so much weight. People were telling me stuff like "You're too fat" "You should exercise" "You're ugly" "Your cellulite is disgusting" "Your stretch marks are so ugly" So I started having anorexic thoughts, and I made myself throw up and I ended up losing like 25 pounds in 1 month, I lost so much weight in an unhealthy way that my hair started falling and the skin on my palms were peeling off. I was in a very bad mental state, I hated myself and I was suicidal. Shortly after, I started going out more, I forced myself out and travelled, I hiked and found that nature and moving my body is something I feel comfortable with, so I started going to the gym to strengthen my body because I so want to climb a mountain lol xP, I forced myself to eat 4 chicken breasts a day xD, I lifted weights and got stronger, bigger and heavier. I literally said "FUCK THE SCALE AND FUCK THE PEOPLE" I will do what makes me happy and if someone is gonna comment I will fucking fight. Because it is my body, It is out of everyone's concern, If I'm happy being overweight so be it! I will stay overweight I am happy about it and no one is to judge me or comment on me! Right now I do have a few extra pounds, but I love it!! I am healthy, I am strong & my biceps are bigger than my guy friends lol xD! They can't beat me in an arm wrestle lol xD Love yourself, Love your body and fight for it, fight for your happiness, don't allow anyone to body shame you, you are beautiful the way you are <3

14.12.2020 16:41:55

CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Freethinkerland
14.12.2020 21:04:53
CinnamonSugar

I am very depressed today.

14.12.2020 21:04:53
CuddleBear
Level 9
Sex Appeal: 515
Freethinkerland
15.12.2020 06:48:33
CuddleBear

Lately I've been very anxious about school, and it's like this nagging thing in the back of my head that kind of makes me wanna curl up and cry for hours :/ But I told my mom about it and she said I could change the classes I'm doing or whatever, and that I can do something else and not the thing I picked originally.

15.12.2020 06:48:33
Pronouns: She/They 

Hobbies: Watching/Reviewing Anime, Digital art, roleplaying
garmetar
Level 21
Sex Appeal: 6935
Antitheocra
15.12.2020 07:26:32
garmetar

miesha wrote:
Aaaaand I’m back here. Usually I vent in the Atheista vent thread but I’m the only person there and I don’t want to get marked for spamming so I’ll just dump my thoughts here. Just need to get em out.

this week has been hectic for me. I started off with awful body aches and pains, i’m incredibly unmotivated for college, and i just wish i can drop out already so i can do the things i like again. College takes up so much of my time. I haven’t been able to draw in so long and i barely got back into making kandi again. I genuinely fucking hate college and i don’t care what anyone says to me anymore, i WILL drop out because i KNOW its the one thing that continues to depress me and make me unhappy. Maybe if they didnt pile literal stacks of work for someone who is clearly very mentally ill. 

I have more to say but i’ll stop here for now. I’ll probably forget about it because dissociation and forgetting things is the only thing that keeps me out of spiraling into my thoughts, which usually causes me to split. 
everyone has a different path in life and for some ppl college just isn't part of that path. the way that society seems to push that people NEED to go to college is ridiculous. there are so many other ways for people to be happy and successful, like its not like there's a one size fits all for how to live and college is that one size. you have to do whats best for you and if that's dropping out then drop out!! there's no point in spending your time doing something that's just going to make you feel like shit. 
if it helps at all, I have a friend who recently dropped out just because she found college wasn't right for her, and shes happier than ever now and doing pretty good for herself
take care of urself u deserve it

15.12.2020 07:26:32
she/her

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...