Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

[Controversial Subjects] Cancel Culture - the good, the bad or the ugly?

Created
Author
LillyAnn

Poll: Imo cancel-culture is

Please LOG IN to vote.
LillyAnn
Level 235
Sex Appeal: 10829710
Freethinkerland
01.05.2022 11:50:58
LillyAnn

The first topic in Controversial Subjects series is (un)popular Cancel Culture.

What are your opinions on that topic? Is it good, bad or ugly? Is it toxic? If yes, does cancel culture have some positive side that potentially outweighs its toxicity? What would be possible positive sides of cancel culture? Can it teach us something? Is it abusive? Or, abused? Has cancel culture become a trend, common place or cliche? Is it about to cancel itself? Can we treat it as a relevant parameter of global sentiment? If yes/no explain why and how. ...etc.

Reply on some of these questions you find as fitting and ask new. Then, next poster can reply to your question/s and ask another and so on... Keep it going, don't cancel!
Don't forget, follow the forum rules and be kind ❤️

Citizens from all states are welcome to comment, but only Freethinkerland citizens are able to vote in the poll.

01.05.2022 11:50:58

Welcome new bimbos & himbos ❣   

I identify as transparent, pronounces who/where
(don't take this seriously, because if you do it's your own fault)

YasSlayPuthy69
Level 28
Sex Appeal: 16884
Freethinkerland
01.05.2022 11:52:00
YasSlayPuthy69

HONESTLY cancel culture is soo good if its for pedos and sex offenders but if someone says a no-no word when theyre like 12, they shouldnt have their whooole career ruined lykeee its so dumb X

01.05.2022 11:52:00
The ANTIFA of bimbo land I guess according to Chris, a 40 Y/O French Man 
yellowpiss
Level 19
Sex Appeal: 4917
Freethinkerland
01.05.2022 11:52:50
yellowpiss

cancel culture is annoying like who cares if someone i dont know about said the n word. but in other cases its good bcs some people really dont deserve a platform
idk dude

01.05.2022 11:52:50

bootsthebootsdown
Level 21
Sex Appeal: 7321
Freethinkerland
01.05.2022 12:04:11
bootsthebootsdown

Cancel culture treads on the line of something actually useful and pure mob mentality madness. In many cases it's a "guilty until proven innocent" practice which is executed on people based on rumors and no concrete evidence/faked evidence. (ex; Johnny Depp fiasco) It's also much more biased towards punishing women, since their criticism has always came easier to the mob. The key part of the inherent toxicity is not viewing people as growing, evolving beings who change opinions and worldview over time. For some that is not the case - but differentiation gets lost in internet chaos. Some deserve no platform, some get theirs taken away unfairly. It's up to the individual to keep their critical thinking skills in check xoxo 

01.05.2022 12:04:11
Mibs
Level 26
Sex Appeal: 13723
Atheista
01.05.2022 12:04:14
Mibs

you mean accountability culture? yeah it's terrible for the assholes of this world, especially the ones with the class advantages that allow them to circumvent legal repercussions for, y'know, being assholes

01.05.2022 12:04:14
if you ask me anything political i will eventually bring up guillotines
Wegan
Level 23
Sex Appeal: 9421
Freethinkerland
01.05.2022 12:12:17
Wegan

In a way it’s nice that we as a community have a word in certain important topics, but some situations have definitely been blown out of proportion. It for sure serves justice to the people that have caused serious harm to the world, but it ultimately takes a zoomed-in look on a person from the past and fails to acknowledge the person in the present who has learned and evolved from their past misdoings. I think that every case is to be judged and evaluated individually, but “cancel culture” should not be a thing that some certain communities can just throw around to ruin careers. Overall quite a sensitive topic
Some people may deserve it, some people may deserve another chance, but there is definitely is very thin line when cancelling can become abused, abusive and ugly toxic. I think if it’s ever teated as a trend or a cliche then we are on the wrong way

01.05.2022 12:12:17
make art, not war

crystalcafe
Level 11
Sex Appeal: 873
Freethinkerland
01.05.2022 12:14:53
crystalcafe

cancel culture should be about exposing predators not old tweets 

01.05.2022 12:14:53
some boys think they're predators when they're really vultures
Reignee
Level 31
Sex Appeal: 22906
Freethinkerland
01.05.2022 12:17:54
Reignee

hmm... i think cancel culture has been around for centuries, people and artworks have always been exiled and publicly shamed for not fitting the expectations and moral dogma of whatever the dominant culture is at the time. it's not new, but it's evolved for the 21st century.

sometimes it leads to positive change, sometimes it's abused by opportunists who just want to shut down and ostracise people they don't like, regardless of how much they may have changed as a person. a lot of tiktok-teens are very unproductive and use "cancelling" as a thin veneer for bullying, and even adults on twitter get weirdly obsessed with it, because they want to be seen as a superhero stomping out all the bad guys lol - the effects of reading too many marvel comics.

cancelling should be reserved for those who have done crimes against humanity, and those who are through and through bigots who never learn or grow out of that toxicity. also, if someone terrible made incredible or otherwise noteworthy work, that should be treated critically and with nuance, rather than written out of history. i think trying to write bigots and oppressive people out of history actually reflects bad on us, because to me it looks more like an act of denial that those oppressive and toxic sentiments in society existed and deeply hurt so many communities.

01.05.2022 12:17:54
love is the law, love under will
93 93/93
viviolet
Level 16
Sex Appeal: 3496
Antitheocra
01.05.2022 12:24:23
viviolet

idk like yeah bringing up old tweets is dumb but if theyre being a nazi in those tweets its kinda like wow that person should not have a platform... also it affects women and celebs people dont like may more than say tom holland or something. people r still on jihyo and wendy's (female kpop stars) case for being racially insensitive years ago when nobody talks about all of bts saying the n-word in a performance

justice for the japanese esports pro who got cancelled for saying men under 5'7" dont deserve rights, she was right and we need more girlbosses like her

01.05.2022 12:24:23
AuntieLice
Level 60
Sex Appeal: 168101
Secville
01.05.2022 12:32:53
AuntieLice

It started as something positive, a way to hold people like rapists or pedos who used their status to avoid repercussions accountable, but it has turned into something ridiculous. Canceling people for using slurs when they were teens, doing black face in the 70s, wearing items of clothing from different cultures (while  the ones doing the canceling have no understanding of the said cultures), not speaking up on every political issue etc. A lot of it is a product of American extremist attitudes and their lack of education often comes through. The irony is that a lot of people who take part in this behavior claim to be against bigotry (I'd argue extreme conservatives are actually more often the ones who participate in the actual cancel culture, but when the cancel culture is discussed today it mostly always refers to the liberal side of things which is why I'm referring to that one here) , but are obviously bigoted themselves, just look the types of things women get canceled for and then how much more it takes to cancel men. It also creates this echo chamber that silences free discussion and makes it seem as if the entire world agrees with this mentality. Majority of the people disagree with stuff like cultural appropriation or non binary issue, but are scared to talk about it online so they don't get canceled.

01.05.2022 12:32:53
“Then two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out.” -Amber Heard

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...