Author
ColioHotdog
ColioHotdog
Level 5
Sex Appeal: 140
Freethinkerland
02.01.2016 21:12:06
ColioHotdog

Hi everyone! I'm new, but I played the old Miss Bimbo casually, so I was expecting a really phenomenal new product to grab my attention when the old site closed and this opened up. Unfortunately there are some stark differences between this and the original site, but hopefully with the right resources and ideas we can restore Bimboland to its former namesake and glory! I'm not sure, there's probably a forum dedicated to ideas already but I didn't see one on the first couple pages (I am however about as observant as Helen Keller) so I'm making this to share my ideas and welcome anyone else to share theirs as well! 

Intro to me: I'm 17, about to graduate Highschool, and I spent two years studying animation in a career technical course, so I have a minimal level of comprehension as to how some issues could be dealt with. However, MY field of study was centered around 3D animation as opposed to 2D, but I have multiple friends that might be willing to aid in re-animating and scripting certain aspects of the site. 

Ideas: For starters, Miss Bimbo was incredibly lively whereas this site has some dull features. I don't mean in regards to the ideals of the layout(The pink on everything is hella rad) I mean in the sense that it isn't polished. NOT TO SAY THERE ISN'T IMMENSE POTENTIAL HERE!! But nothing is where it needs to be in terms of presentation. As well, there are various bugs and glitches in regards to links being broken on certain pages, hair and clothes and makeup don't always display properly in the store (which is awful considering how frugal everyone has to be with their B$) and there's a lack of variety in customization compared to our predecessor. A lot of hairstyles actually appear under clothing tabs, maybe they're supposed to be extensions or something, but most of them appear to be bases as opposed to bangs or tips. 

Presentation

Animate the map in Bimbo City to highlight buildings that can be used, so members don't get confused/lostMake pictures for the various actions, to replace the live action pics that don't blend as well with pic stylized for the site(like the achievements)Bugs/Glitches

Fix any broken links ASAP (i.e. the Games/Humour link has been broken twice for me)Alter previews of any clothes or hair to fit bimbo, there's LITERALLY one body type we all shareAlter each hairstyle to either fall behind the clothes or in front of it, as many longer styles (namely the ones in the wrong areas) fall behind the shoulders, some look good, some are awkward.New Features
Boyfriends/Girlfriends as a means to reintroduce the attitude points, or sub that with SuperficialityHomes as a replacement for the bland "My Bimbo" screenFix the hairs that are in the "hairclips" and "Headbands" and "Hats" tabs, and put them in their respective areas, then allow 1 Base, 1-3 Tufts, and 1-3 Fringes per player at once Add an additional layering system to hair and clothesMini games and various time passing features, as a means to keep our members entertainedFASHION DUELS STILL AREN'T A THING HERE WHICH IS BASICALLY BLASPHEMY BUT IT'S FINE I'M FINE WHATEVERBoob jobs were a thing if I'm not mistaken,(Not facetious, I just didn't ever have enough money for a boob job in MB) so let's bring those back!Please don't chastise my ideas here, I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, I just see so much potential here to restore our site!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Share any ideas or criticism you may have! I want to collaborate with the members here if possible.

K Thx Byeeeeeeeeeeee

02.01.2016 21:12:06
Head Cheerleader, Homecoming Queen, Part-Time Model
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695448
Freethinkerland
02.01.2016 22:34:48
HeavenLeighBimbo

This post is Amazing !
ColioHotdog
Please don't chastise my ideas here, I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, I just see so much potential here to restore our site!

Colio has that excitement I still feel for this game too.  I am forwarding the content of this outline to the President. He needs to see that there is a huge talent pool in our community.  She put so much thought into this, and I felt like she was reading my mind.   Colio certainly has some very good teachers in her life.  They have inspired a beautifully written 'wish list'.
I need people to understand however that this is a very small game/LLC.  We don't have much of a staff at all.  Just one actual programmer is full time.  As a Beta game it is difficult to choose what to work on first.  During my time as Prime Bimbo, I wanted to actually put some gaming features into the game.   OK, it resulted in just the Top Ten List, but everyone also wanted ways to earn B$.  Now, I've noticed that players are trying to  win one of those spots in the Top Ten to earn the prize money.  Something so simple sounding, was actually very difficult to do but you can't have a game when there is nothing to earn.

Miss Bimbo was never finished ether.  The Republic of Bimbolands, is an Idea that is much more complicated.  An internet Nation?
  Nothing like that has ever been tried before.
   Players with grand ideas are the builders of the nation but as with all good thing's, it takes some time to iron out all the details.

02.01.2016 22:34:48
Image result for winter wonderland banner
April-May
Level 1
Sex Appeal: 150
Secville
02.01.2016 22:42:06
April-May

I have absolutely no experience in animation or anything, but i absolutely agree with the points made above and would like to add some (hopefully helpful?) points.
Here's a few more bugs/glitches I've noticed in my experience:
broken links as mentioned above, however for me personally I have to refresh the page at least twice every time I click a link in order to access a page e.g. the Humour/Games or the General Discussion page, which is very annoying.clothes don't fit properly in the store or when bought, e.g. shoes just float above the feet sometimes which isn't a very good or practical look let's be honest. I've heard this is because of the layering system that the old website used to have, which for some reason wasn't transferred to this website. which, whatever, i'm sure can be fixed easily but atm it really reduces the amount of clothes you can actually buy, and as this website advertises its focus on fashion i suggest that gets checked out?in the store, there's options on how to display the items e.g. Prices High to Low, Low to High, etc, however these don't actually do anything no matter which you select. This could just be me being a bit thick and not clicking a certain button but atm it's not working for me no matter how many times I press it which is quite annoying as going through hundreds of tabs to find something affordable (and in this economy...) isn't very practicalwhen people leave comments on my page and I have already viewed them, the notification remains that I have a new comment despite the fact that I have clicked on it and there are no options such as "mark as read," only "delete" which isn't what I intend to do.Also, for possible future features, perhaps after the 6 "states" have been made accessible, perhaps make it easier for us to move instead of making it cost 10,000B$?

hope this helps at least a little!!

02.01.2016 22:42:06
ªªªApril-Mayªªª
ColioHotdog
Level 5
Freethinkerland
02.01.2016 23:43:41
ColioHotdog

Thanks for pitching in points April! I have the same issues with the price arrangement not working, as well as the floating clothes! And THANK YOU HLB!! It means a lot to have your seal of approval on these ideas! Again, any other ideas that could add to the game are welcome here, as well as criticism. :)

02.01.2016 23:43:41
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695448
Freethinkerland
03.01.2016 00:15:38
HeavenLeighBimbo

I can address the floating clothes issue.  This is a flaw that will likely never be fixed.  Those items of clothes were designed by players during the time that Miss Bimbo had players shops/markets.  They didn't import very well with this new game depending on the software used by the designer.  Some work right, some don't.  It's might sound mean of me to say,  but I have noticed that the more skilled designers outfits do actually layer right, for me.  The players who were new at designing and uploading to the shops,  I can no longer use.  I am very positive that I have the most clothes of any player. (19,569 items) and it truly pains me to come across a desired item I can't use anymore.  Every item flawed seems to me to have come from one of those player shops.  

I miss those player shops actually.  It was on my wish-list to do as Prime Bimbo.  Of course the game had nothing in the form of a goal and I had to work out something for the players to do first.  You really are seeing a game that is still on level 1.    It needs YOU, and anyone who wants a unique chance to build an internet nation of fashionable Bimbo's.   I love a good challenge.
 Letting go of the past sometimes is the best way to face the future.

03.01.2016 00:15:38
Image result for winter wonderland banner
ColioHotdog
Level 5
Freethinkerland
03.01.2016 01:47:35
ColioHotdog

Some of the items are actually a different art style all together, almost like they're imports from the original french game ours was designed after "Ma Bimbo". But i understand. We would need artists to recreate the broken items and replace them at some point. As well, I after we move out of an Alpha/Beta stage, I'd like to look into spending a portion of the treasury or Prime Bimbo's payment on advertising. Bimbolands could definitely use it, but not until after we solve our major problems and incorporate entertainment.

03.01.2016 01:47:35
icekream
Level 21
Sex Appeal: 7464
Freethinkerland
03.01.2016 02:16:52
icekream

Fantastic ideas !! Love the thought that was put into this . Hopefully Chris attempts to use this outline to better our site .

03.01.2016 02:16:52
Telaphone
Level 73
Sex Appeal: 310695
Agnostica
03.01.2016 02:27:03
Telaphone

You could make your own site and implement these features before these become a feature on this site.

03.01.2016 02:27:03
ColioHotdog
Level 5
Freethinkerland
03.01.2016 02:30:31
ColioHotdog

Well that's actually my worry...If you go to the Wikipedia page for Miss Bimbo, it mentions our current site to a small degree...HOWEVER it also mentions another game that has the same character models as ours, claiming that it's identical to the original Miss Bimbo.

03.01.2016 02:30:31
Bubbley1
Level 1
Sex Appeal: 158
Agnostica
03.01.2016 06:26:34
Bubbley1

I love these ideas! There is so much potential here and it would be a shame to waste it. I was on the original site and miss a lot of the features but I will say that I am enjoying the challenge of this new site. I will sadly admit that I just checked out the Fashionista site and there are a lot of similarities to the original Miss Bimbo site and I was quite curious. I hope that all the wonderful ideas are given the credit they are due.

03.01.2016 06:26:34
Be yourself, don't change for anyone!

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...