draculaura
Level 48
Sex Appeal: 86845
Atheista
29.09.2020 02:05:45
draculaura

CinnamonSugar wrote:
cowgirl wrote:
 i was wondering if anyone itt has experience with zoloft?
I have been on it & many other medications. What Ive learned is medication effectiveness & side effects really vary from person to person. 

That said, here is some information. Zoloft is part of a class of drugs callled SSRIs. There are other types of meds that can treat anxiety, too, like benzodiazepines. Zoloft is less addictive than benzodiazepines, but it is also slower-acting. It can take weeks or months to feel better. Some other less addictive options include Buspar, Gabapentin,  and Vistaril.  Vistaril can be taken "as needed". One psychiatrist told me to take Gabapentin only "as needed" but another told me it could be taken daily. If you have severe anxiety & want faster relief or you get panic attacks & want something to take when you have them, you may want to ask your psychiatrist for something to take "as needed" (at least temporarily until the Zoloft kicks in).

I wish you the best.
For more information, SSRI stands for "Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor." They work by decreasing the amount of serotonin reuptake, therefore increasing the amount of serotonin that stays in your brain and helps you out. Serotonin is one of the "happy chemicals," which is why increased serotonin levels can make you feel better. As CinnamonSugar said, effectiveness and side-effects vary from person-to-person.

When I started taking Zoloft, I had a HUGE case of the jitters. It wasn't hyperactivity, but my body shook for some reason, though it wore off after a month or so. Other side effects may include drowsiness, dizziness, and in extreme cases, serotonin syndrome, which is when there's too much serotonin in your body, and you get sickness-like symptoms. For me, Zoloft worked very well up until recently, at which point I needed a med check and have switched to Prozac, another SSRI. I fully recommend trying Zoloft and seeing how it goes from there, as SSRIs are a very effective form of antidepressants and anti anxiety medication. 

One thing worth noting, though- if or when you start Zoloft or any other SSRI, do not eat grapefruit or consume St. John's Wort (found in some teas) while taking the medication, as both of those heavily interfere with SSRIs, and many other types of medication. Regardless of what medications you may end up taking, always check out drug interactions for that drug to ensure you won't eat something and unintentionally damage your health. 

This is a fairly long response; I felt it was necessary since information about SSRIs is good to know and because I myself have been on SSRIs and have taken college Psychology classes that talked about what SSRIs actually do. This can help you decide on whether or not Zoloft is right for you!

29.09.2020 02:05:45

CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Sex Appeal: 3224374
Freethinkerland
12.10.2020 02:56:23
CinnamonSugar

There's a lot I could say but I will keep it brief....

Anxiety can be hard during the day, but for me, it's always been even worse at night...even after years of treatment. 

Edit: Also, I love Chibird's cute, positive comics...

Sometimes I need this reminder & I thought some of you might need it, too.

12.10.2020 02:56:23
“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” ~Stephen Fry
Living with depression? Connect with others at the Mental Health Check-in.
CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Freethinkerland
17.10.2020 11:26:30
CinnamonSugar

Starting my day with a cry.
I haven't even had breakfast yet. 

17.10.2020 11:26:30
“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” ~Stephen Fry
Sarahxbunny
Level 227
Sex Appeal: 9510613
Freethinkerland
17.10.2020 12:19:08
Sarahxbunny

CinnamonSugar wrote:
Starting my day with a cry.
I haven't even had breakfast yet. 
Cinnamon it may not make you feel any better and I’m sure you know other people do it too but i thought I’d share my experience and thoughts. I cry most days these days. I often cry in the shower in the morning or in the car on the way to work or going home at the end of the day, or anytime of the day for that matter. I cry so much these days that (if they knew how much i cried) people would think that I am deeply depressed. I do have issues that I’m working through but ironically i am (mentally) healthier now than I have ever been. Up until a few years ago i went through a period of about 15-20 years without shedding a tear and that included a time not so long again when my mother died who I was very close to and loved dearly. I was extremely depressed during this period and I shut off my emotions as a coping mechanism and disengaged from myself and the world. It has only been since i have addressed the causes of my depression that i have re-engaged with myself and felt deep emotion again. And though i cry a lot and as a consequence feel a fair amount of emotional pain, i am much happier now than ever before and I would never want to be like I was again. I now have a great appreciation and regard for people who engage with and express their emotion. It is healthy. It is ironic that many people think that they are strong by not showing or being effected by emotion (i used to feel the same way) because i think that the opposite is true. It takes much more  strength and courage to feel and express emotion.

17.10.2020 12:19:08
CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Freethinkerland
17.10.2020 14:05:40
CinnamonSugar

Sarahxbunny wrote:
Cinnamon it may not make you feel any better and I’m sure you know other people do it too but i thought I’d share my experience and thoughts. I cry most days these days. I often cry in the shower in the morning or in the car on the way to work or going home at the end of the day, or anytime of the day for that matter. I cry so much these days that (if they knew how much i cried) people would think that I am deeply depressed. I do have issues that I’m working through but ironically i am (mentally) healthier now than I have ever been. Up until a few years ago i went through a period of about 15-20 years without shedding a tear and that included a time not so long again when my mother died who I was very close to and loved dearly. I was extremely depressed during this period and I shut off my emotions as a coping mechanism and disengaged from myself and the world. It has only been since i have addressed the causes of my depression that i have re-engaged with myself and felt deep emotion again. And though i cry a lot and as a consequence feel a fair amount of emotional pain, i am much happier now than ever before and I would never want to be like I was again. I now have a great appreciation and regard for people who engage with and express their emotion. It is healthy. It is ironic that many people think that they are strong by not showing or being effected by emotion (i used to feel the same way) because i think that the opposite is true. It takes much more  strength and courage to feel and express emotion.

Thank you, Sarah, for sharing your experience.
There are definitely parts of this that I relate to. I also didn't cry for over a decade. I don't think I even cried when I lost someone very close to me, a father figure of sorts.
I think it came from how many family treated me when I cried as a child. I learned that it was "better" not to cry. I learned to just stuff it all down inside & not show emotions. 

I've done a lot of work on myself. I've been in & out of therapy for 10 years. I've learned to identify & express what I'm feeling.

But, 2020 has brought a lot of tears. Well, I guess my series of unfortunate events started fall 2019. But I think I only started crying most days in 2020. 

17.10.2020 14:05:40
Dame Fanatique
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4065
Freethinkerland
18.10.2020 17:51:37
Dame Fanatique

No experience w/Zoleft.  I've tried lexipro and I experienced emotional blunting to the point I was having thoughts of self harm.  At the time I was studying, for a BS in Human Sciences w/a concentration on Psych and I knew that the major pharmaceutical companies turned in less than 60% of their research and findings to the FDA; I was skeptical about how much a medication was going to help.  It didn't help, in fact I've found that keeping track of my nutrition, sleep cycle and exercise routine has been more beneficial than therapy and medication.  My diagnosis was anxiety and moderate depression and for the past couple of years I've been working on a plan.  I've found that for me an exercise class works better than just exercising alone, although I do still work out on my own when I am unable to make it to a class due to my work hrs.  I limit the amount of junk food I keep around the house; I feel tired/sluggish when I eat too much junk food and that feeling does have a negative affect on my self image and mental state.  I do several mundane things in moderation-drinking, watching TV, scrolling through social media.  I also try to keep a routine and bedtime.  To make sure I get adequate sleep, I don't watch TV after 9PM on weeknights.  I read and I also keep a journal.  I've learned the traps I fall into when I'm going through a cycle of depression-not eating, excessive shopping, eating only junk food, sleeping too much and drinking to excess.  When I'm feeling anxious, I typically eat tons of junk food, don't sleep and clean excessively.  I also have had issues w/addiction due to my mental health issues not being diagnosed early on.  A lot of what has helped me, has been figuring out my own patterns of behavior and finding ways to shorten the duration of certain patterns or at the very least keep track of what can trigger anxiety or depression. 

18.10.2020 17:51:37
CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Freethinkerland
18.10.2020 21:52:03
CinnamonSugar

Dame Fanatique wrote:
 I've found that for me an exercise class works better than just exercising alone, although I do still work out on my own when I am unable to make it to a class due to my work hrs.  I limit the amount of junk food I keep around the house; I feel tired/sluggish when I eat too much junk food and that feeling does have a negative affect on my self image and mental state.  I do several mundane things in moderation-drinking, watching TV, scrolling through social media.  I also try to keep a routine and bedtime.  To make sure I get adequate sleep, I don't watch TV after 9PM on weeknights.  I read and I also keep a journal.  
All good ideas. Another piece of nutrition...I had been told in 2017 that caffeine could make my anxiety worse. I initially eliminated coffee & tea. I already didn't drink sodas or energy drinks. After 2 months, I reintroduced coffee & tea. I decided that a cup of tea or coffee or even 2 cups spread out (1 in the morning & 1 with lunch) was OK, but when I have a large amount of caffeine in a short period of time, my anxiety increases. 

Another non-medication option is a support group. I have been in support groups for probably 9 or 10 years. They make me feel less alone. Not just in a social way, but in that I often find members have had similar experiences to me. Of course, people will have different experiences. I have been in groups with elderly people who are widowed and even have watched their children die. I have never been married or had kids, so I can't relate 100% but there may be aspects I relate to, like I know what it's like to feel alone & to lose a loved one. 

Also sunlight...I bought an artificial sunlight years ago & I'm not sure how much it helps. In the summer, when get more natural sunlight, I do notice a difference. 

18.10.2020 21:52:03
Full house
Level 14
Sex Appeal: 2864
Atheista
18.10.2020 23:30:02
Full house

I am doing well :)

18.10.2020 23:30:02
CinnamonSugar
Level 160
Freethinkerland
19.10.2020 02:21:37
CinnamonSugar

CinnamonSugar wrote:
Dame Fanatique wrote:
 I've found that for me an exercise class works better than just exercising alone, although I do still work out on my own when I am unable to make it to a class due to my work hrs.  I limit the amount of junk food I keep around the house; I feel tired/sluggish when I eat too much junk food and that feeling does have a negative affect on my self image and mental state.  I do several mundane things in moderation-drinking, watching TV, scrolling through social media.  I also try to keep a routine and bedtime.  To make sure I get adequate sleep, I don't watch TV after 9PM on weeknights.  I read and I also keep a journal.  
All good ideas. Another piece of nutrition...I had been told in 2017 that caffeine could make my anxiety worse. I initially eliminated coffee & tea. I already didn't drink sodas or energy drinks. After 2 months, I reintroduced coffee & tea. I decided that a cup of tea or coffee or even 2 cups spread out (1 in the morning & 1 with lunch) was OK, but when I have a large amount of caffeine in a short period of time, my anxiety increases. 

Another non-medication option is a support group. I have been in support groups for probably 9 or 10 years. They make me feel less alone. Not just in a social way, but in that I often find members have had similar experiences to me. Of course, people will have different experiences. I have been in groups with elderly people who are widowed and even have watched their children die. I have never been married or had kids, so I can't relate 100% but there may be aspects I relate to, like I know what it's like to feel alone & to lose a loved one. 

Also sunlight...I bought an artificial sunlight years ago & I'm not sure how much it helps. In the summer, when get more natural sunlight, I do notice a difference. 
I wanted to add: although healthy habits are important,  medication can be helpful. 

I personally didn't benefit from SSRIs, like Zoloft. But I like having anxiety medication prescribed "as needed." 

For example,  my anxiety is often bad at night & interferes with sleep. If I am awake worrying, after trying journaling or other coping skills,  I can take medication to take the edge off. 

19.10.2020 02:21:37
puppywhore
Level 21
Sex Appeal: 6718
Atheista
22.10.2020 15:34:52
puppywhore

I am so so tired of my depression and anxiety atm

22.10.2020 15:34:52

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...