Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

Is it acceptable to host contests that exclude players based on sexual orientation?

Created
Author
Channing
Channing
Level 42
Sex Appeal: 55938
Freethinkerland
19.06.2020 18:14:02
Channing

I hope my previous post makes things clearer. I do not have an issue with the contest itself, just the inclusion/exclusion part. I hadn't seen it in BL before with the exception of contests restricted by state (which is something we get to choose).
Thank you for explaining further and for sharing your own personal struggle. The family part is something I can relate to, sadly. I appreciate your entire message. 

Mona Elizabeth
wrote:
I never thought I would see the day where someone who is a member of the LGBT community would have a problem with spaces meant exclusively for LGBT folk, but I guess it had to happen eventually. The contest is open to you, Channing, because you've made it very clear that you are bisexual (identifying as straight does not change your actual sexuality), so what's the big deal? I haven't seen any cishet people upset with the contest, and they're the ones being 'discriminated' against according to you. BL is a place I would definitely expect to host contests that uplift marginalized and minority groups, so I don't understand why you think it goes against what BL stands for. Should cishet people also expect to have pride parades in real life? (This question undoubtedly holds more weight than the one regarding the BL pride contest, but I think the comparison still stands)
Now, Channing, I have a small personal message for you, as I often find myself struggling with my bisexuality as well. I am not out to my own parents, as I often hear them say frightening and disgusting things about the LGBT community in general. THANK YOU for all of the volunteering/donating/other work you do for the LGBT community. Please do not take the first part of this comment as an attack, but rather a plea for you to understand why spaces made exclusively for LGBT folk like you and I are so important. 

19.06.2020 18:14:02

~~You can't argue with IGNORANCE~~

LillyAnn
Level 235
Sex Appeal: 10829386
Freethinkerland
19.06.2020 20:25:12
LillyAnn

Here is cishet person. Do I feel offended or restricted in any way with having LGBT+ contest only? -Not at all!
Cishet people can make outfits with pride thematics outside of the contest as a way of support and respect.

As long as LGBT+ contest is inclusive within the community I guess it's totally Ok to have one.

Exclusion is sometimes positive, not often but sometimes it simply is if it serves as a way to give equal chances. For instance, I wouldn't mind either if there is a contest for himbos only. They are still minority at the site and items-wise they don't have equal chances as bimbos have. So making contests only for them is totally Ok from the perspective of giving them equal chances, respect, giving them space where they may have their fun, and so on. In contests where they compete together with high level bimbos their chances are not equal. I also wouldn't mind contest only for players that are under level 30 for instance. Again for the same reason, it gives them equal chances within their group (or level range in this case) because when they compete with high level bimbos who are 50+ level they just don't have equal chances. In contests open for bimbos and himbos of all levels lowering criteria down to suit better low level players or himbos wouldn't be completely fair toward high level bimbos who invested a lot in their outfits. In that sense, exclusion is sometimes positive.

If LGBT+ community want contest only for them it doesn't mean they don't want to interact with cishet people. It only means they want a contest where they are given safe space and equal chances within the community. I actually like the inputs about prizes that it's fair to give them only to people who truly belong to the community and not to allies or even worse, to someone who entered the contest just for the sake of winning while doesn't recognize themselves as allies and even less as a member of community.

I didn't want to refer to historical part of the issue and weight of it because other people already made good points and they certainly know much more about it than me. I just wanted to point to inclusivity/exclusivity part and in which contexts I believe it's Ok.

19.06.2020 20:25:12

Welcome new bimbos & himbos ❣   

I identify as transparent, pronounces who/where
(don't take this seriously, because if you do it's your own fault)

Channing
Level 42
Freethinkerland
19.06.2020 21:45:05
Channing

Great response! I agree and thank you for your perspective :)

LillyAnn
wrote:
Here is cishet person. Do I feel offended or restricted in any way with having LGBT+ contest only? -Not at all!
Cishet people can make outfits with pride thematics outside of the contest as a way of support and respect.

As long as LGBT+ contest is inclusive within the community I guess it's totally Ok to have one.

Exclusion is sometimes positive, not often but sometimes it simply is if it serves as a way to give equal chances. For instance, I wouldn't mind either if there is a contest for himbos only. They are still minority at the site and items-wise they don't have equal chances as bimbos have. So making contests only for them is totally Ok from the perspective of giving them equal chances, respect, giving them space where they may have their fun, and so on. In contests where they compete together with high level bimbos their chances are not equal. I also wouldn't mind contest only for players that are under level 30 for instance. Again for the same reason, it gives them equal chances within their group (or level range in this case) because when they compete with high level bimbos who are 50+ level they just don't have equal chances. In contests open for bimbos and himbos of all levels lowering criteria down to suit better low level players or himbos wouldn't be completely fair toward high level bimbos who invested a lot in their outfits. In that sense, exclusion is sometimes positive.

If LGBT+ community want contest only for them it doesn't mean they don't want to interact with cishet people. It only means they want a contest where they are given safe space and equal chances within the community. I actually like the inputs about prizes that it's fair to give them only to people who truly belong to the community and not to allies or even worse, to someone who entered the contest just for the sake of winning while doesn't recognize themselves as allies and even less as a member of community.

I didn't want to refer to historical part of the issue and weight of it because other people already made good points and they certainly know much more about it than me. I just wanted to point to inclusivity/exclusivity part and in which contexts I believe it's Ok.

19.06.2020 21:45:05

railophone
Level 64
Sex Appeal: 204309
Freethinkerland
19.06.2020 22:37:50
railophone

Channing wrote:
If you wish to talk about LGBT rights, history, Pride, etc or how "real" life works, please create another thread for it. 

How are you going to say this while literally making a thread about a Pride contest... you can't separate LGBT rights, history, or real life from this thread because that's the literal whole reason why the contest was made in the first place.
I appreciate you taking the time to read and try to understand everything that's been said, but then you go and say stuff like this, and I really wonder if you really get it at all.

19.06.2020 22:37:50
You can't keep doing shitty things and then feel bad about yourself like that makes it okay. You need to be better. -S3E10 Bojack Horseman
Channing
Level 42
Freethinkerland
19.06.2020 23:44:49
Channing

Railophone, First, thank you for your first response which I thought to be very clear, helpful and it also provided me with perspective. Without realizing, I had in fact made it about myself by taking it so personally the wrong way.

My thread is not about the pride contest, I used it as an example. It is about inclusion/exclusion based on personal identity. If you read the full thread, you would understand that my issue is not with the content of the contest. It could have been a contest for blue ears and in the rules, excluded any type of user. It is easy to take one word, one sentence, one phrase out of context and use it to make it about something else. I honestly did not know that themes were allowed to be this specific. I could edit the original post and make it about blue ears that only allows himbos (for example) to enter, and my question would be the same. My own personal connection to it would have been different, I probably would've called it sexist smh. But now I completely understand these themes are allowed and are meant to be supportive safe spaces for specific users. If I'm not making sense to you or if I'm missing your point, please let me know.

I used that contest bc it was my first time seeing inclusion/exclusion with the exception of state specific contests. My question was very specific, "is it acceptable to host contests that exclude players based on sexual orientation?" and in the original post, I shared my own opinion, reasons for having that opinion and asked for other thoughts. Not only did I welcome other perspectives, I learned from them. 

I also made a scenario about a contest that excludes one gender and asked if that was allowed. I am grateful for all the answers to my question and explanations. Had I known we were allowed themes geared toward supporting specific groups, I would not have asked the question. This is 100% my fault for not understanding the rules of BimboLand thoroughly and I will have to read up on that so I don't ask questions like this going forward. Early on in the conversation I apologized because I realized it was not at all discrimination.

I am trying to bring the conversation back on track which is the rules of inclusion/exclusion based on personal identity. Everyone has helped me understand not only that it is allowed but of it's benefits. 

19.06.2020 23:44:49

Channing
Level 42
Freethinkerland
20.06.2020 00:19:48
Channing

As an example - If I change the content, my question would be the same. I fully understand now (thanks to almost all of you) that theme specific contests that include/exclude groups are allowed and are supportive safe spaces.

Hello! Out of curiosity, I was wondering what the rest of BL think about hosting a contest that excludes citizens based on personal identity (i.e. sexual orientation, gender, skin color...etc).

Personally, I think this is discrimination which I thought the citizens of BL were against. For example: If a blue ears included in your outfit contest is hosted for Himbo's only and states that you must be born male and have a Himbo to enter, is that ok? Although I was not born male nor do I have a Himbo, I would like to join because I would like to highlight and celebrate Himbo style.

It is hurtful that I can not join because I have always wanted to be a boy. I enjoyed wearing clothing intended for boys but because of family and gender restrictions, I was pushed into fulfilling my gender role as society dictates to be normal (this is actually a personal truth but not the point). I only chose a bimbo as my doll because that gender is what I see in the mirror. It breaks my heart that I cannot participate.

What are your thoughts on contests that exclude individuals based on their personal identity (i.e. sexual orientation, gender, skin color...etc).?

FYI I made a change to make a point. My question has already been answered.

20.06.2020 00:19:48

LillyAnn
Level 235
Sex Appeal: 10829386
Freethinkerland
20.06.2020 01:23:05
LillyAnn

It's true, there are no rules related to contests, rules made by BL. The only official BL contest is PBFC (former DQFC) and BL set its rules only for that one, i.e. player has to be lvl 10 at least, it costs 500b$, once you enter the outfit there is no chance to change it and such.
All other forum contests are not official and made by players, so the host set the rules. Due that general BL rules have nowhere any notion of rules for forum contests, I guess forum rules apply on forum contests. The host can set their own contest rules as long as they are in accordance with forum rules.
That can be wide for interpretation, but I assume common decency, no-spamming, following the topic and not posting something off or unrelated, no hate, etc. are such type of rules that should be respected in forum contests too.
Most of everything else depends on contest host/s - i.e. participants have to have blue ears, contest allows himbos only, contest where only pride thematics entries are allowed for instance, LGBT+ only contest, etc. If host requests that all entries must include blue background for instance, entries that don't have blue background won't be judged and won't apply for winning. That's also one example of exclusivity, it's just very simple with blue background because it's so obvious.
Recently there was a contest where hosts invited designers to design kids. Participants were provided with kids body bases and they could draw them outfits, hair, face or modified the body to certain degree. That type of contest is also kinda exclusive, though maybe not so obviously. It is exclusive in sense that it was a contest for designers and players with digital drawing skills. Anyone could entered, but what's the point if they don't know digital drawing? Yet again, in such type of contest it would be very obvious if someone who is not skilled in digital drawing tried their luck. So that's an example of the contest that could interpreted as both inclusive and exclusive. It's open for all (inclusive), but it's pointless to join if you are not artist (exclusive) because as not skilled you have little or no chances to compete with very skilled players.

In short, based on forum rules, common decency and common sense, I can assume that any type of contest is allowed (inclusive and exclusive) as long as it's not hurtful, offensive, dismissive in any way, if it doesn't promote violence toward group of people, humanity in general and animals and such type of things. For instance, it seems as Ok to cast the contests for himbos only and add some terms by which entries would be judged such blue ears or red socks. It would absolutely not be Ok to cast the contest which theme is violence or rape, no matter whether or not it would be open for all, or for bimbos only or himbos only, because simply it promotes violence and it would be ugly contest theme. Btw, based on forum rules such theme would be forbidden.

Gender restrictions in terms real life male or female - I guess it wouldn't be Ok. Restriction based on doll, bimbos only or himbos only that sounds Ok.
Feminists contest for instance - I guess it would be Ok to exclude cishet men, but to keep it inclusive for everyone that identifies as a woman and feminist.
Contest based on real life race, ethnicity, nationality, I have no idea whether or not it would be Ok tbh I guess that one is tricky...

Most of these questions are touchy and tricky. The line between acceptable and unacceptable could be very thin based on what and who is included and excluded.

20.06.2020 01:23:05

Welcome new bimbos & himbos ❣   

I identify as transparent, pronounces who/where
(don't take this seriously, because if you do it's your own fault)

Channing
Level 42
Freethinkerland
20.06.2020 01:49:37
Channing

LillyAnn
Wow, thank you for this, it's all incredibly informative!

To be clear, I never had an issue with the pride contest, I never said it shouldn't happen or users didn't deserve it.
My confusion came from my own belief that BL as a whole was a safe space. I assumed (incorrectly) everyone was welcome to participate if they choose, with some exceptions, and the moderators intervene if someone doesn't follow the forum rules, have common decency and/or common sense (I used your words because I couldn't say it any better).

It's interesting though that you say "Gender restrictions in terms real life male or female - I guess it wouldn't be Ok. Restriction based on doll, bimbos only or himbos only that sounds Ok." The male or female part in real life would not be ok, but your sexual orientation in real life would be ok?

It also makes sense that it is up to the contest host as long as they're respectful and not breaking any rules. If anyone doesn't like it, they can simply not participate and find another. 

I really appreciate your time to write all of this.

20.06.2020 01:49:37

Thotticus Tiddies
Level 15
Sex Appeal: 2228
Atheista
20.06.2020 03:22:12
Thotticus Tiddies

lmao were still on this??? stop bitching about being excluded from a contest. lgbt people are excluded from LIFE. this place is fucking full of homophobes wtf 

20.06.2020 03:22:12
burn the government
fuck the police
Cum_Dumpster
Level 131
Sex Appeal: 1775413
Freethinkerland
20.06.2020 04:07:42
Cum_Dumpster

Talked to the OP and the thread is getting closed since her questions were answered. Thanks for all the input you guys!

20.06.2020 04:07:42
ChumDumpster's wife irl  
Update 2022: Site has been soured for me so I took a break. Still not certain about coming back...

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...