l
xilentvoice
Level 33
Sex Appeal: 27314
Atheista
26.09.2023 07:52:35
xilentvoice

xilentvoice

My look is based on a puppet version of Marzanna (also called Mara, Marena and Morana depending on the Slavic country). Marzanna is a Slavic pagan goddess, who is associated with seasonal rites. She is an ancient goddess associated with winter's death, but also rebirth and dreams.

The puppet representation of Marzanna is used in old seasonal rites, during the equinox of 21st of march, based on the idea of death and rebirth of nature, by drowning and/or burning said puppet with the idea that by Marzanna's death, there will be rebirth of spring.

Edit, extra info: The puppet is usually handmade, with straw, (old/traditional) clothes or rags. The ritual is nowadays often performed during a field trip by children in kindergarten and primary schools.  

26.09.2023 07:52:35
 i like frogs 
weevilbimb
Level 16
Sex Appeal: 2846
Antitheocra
26.09.2023 18:15:44
weevilbimb

weevilbimb
This is my look based off of the Will-O-The-Wisp, A spirit from Scottish Folklore. Hope you like it!!

”In Scottish folklore, will-o’-the-wisps are variously depicted either as mischievous spirits (typically fairies), or even the ghosts of the dead, eager to lead travellers off their path and into their death. The lights typically appear close to a bog, marsh, or swamp, places where straying off the beaten path can become dangerous – or even deadly.”

26.09.2023 18:15:44
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
space_pirate666
Level 57
Sex Appeal: 147005
Antitheocra
26.09.2023 19:43:06
space_pirate666

space_pirate666Mavka/Nyavka. Popular in Slavic mythology, usually a female, that led to death of multiple men. From Wiki: “Mavkas and Nyavkas were believed to live in groups in forests, mountain caves, or sheds, which they decorated with rugs. They made thread of stolen flax and wove thin transparent cloth for making clothes for themselves. They loved flowers, which they wore in their hair. In the spring they planted flowers in the mountains, to which they enticed young men, whom they tickled to death”.

sooo tickle tickle *heeeeeheeee~*

26.09.2023 19:43:06
Vampire Fangs GIF - Vampire Fangs - Discover  Share GIFs
reivalentine
Level 72
Sex Appeal: 286743
Agnostica
26.09.2023 23:30:39
reivalentine

Chinese Folklore: The Dragon

reivalentine

A fearsome creature in many parts of Asia. Full of magical power which can create nations as well as destroy them. Some dragons are evil, wanting to destroy everything while some are kind by sharing wisdom and helping those in need. Their gold scales being so rare, durable, magical and powerful, far more precious than any material in the world. It is said that meeting a dragon in China could be your last day or cause you to live for all eternity when either cursed or blessed by the dragon's flames.

26.09.2023 23:30:39
✿Contests&+:Snatch:Audrey♥️PXFC:Katrynah♥CultParty:HoneyBeee♥️Clowncore:HaloBear8♥️Kpop:Hera_♥️:ThenVSNow:Audrey♥️Xod,Nines:Pollyx♥️Wednesday:CraigslistStripper♥️
For me in contests: Participation only. No diamonds please. Only Banners. Thank you. ♥️
Kjaani
Level 58
Sex Appeal: 150293
Agnostica
27.09.2023 01:15:21
Kjaani

This is a seriously great contest so far!  Gonna be a tough one to judge, I'm sure... which is a good thing: means everyone is doing an awesome job with their outfits and their cultural descriptions :)

27.09.2023 01:15:21

thynios
Level 52
Sex Appeal: 112302
Atheista
28.09.2023 17:45:15
thynios

thynios

my look is based off of the māori goddess 'hine-nui-te-pō'/the great woman of the night.
here in aotearoa (new zealand), she is the god of the underworld and death - she receives all the souls and spirits of humans when they die and prepares them for the next stage of their journey.
it is believed by māori that the red that we see in the sky during sunsets is because of hine-nui-te-pō.
she also was the god who killed māui, as māui died due to hine-nui-te-pō in his journey for immortality - he was the first man to die, causing all humans to be mortal after him.

28.09.2023 17:45:15

Gemima1984
Level 111
Sex Appeal: 1082242
Atheista
28.09.2023 20:21:29
Gemima1984

Content warning: I talk about the death of a child and medieval medicine including blood letting.

As somebody from England, I wanted to pull together a look based on ghost sightings from one of the most haunted cities in Europe: York.

York is a beautiful viking city, with gorgeous castle walls around the city, a beautiful minster and picturesque sights such as The Shambles which is a historic street rumoured to have inspired Diagon Alley.

Many locations have sightings of ghosts and there are even ghost walks and tours for those who want to hear a little bit about York's ghost stories.

I built my look around the little Plague Girl who sadly does not have a name. By the minster there is a building with a small window.

It is said that many have see the ghost of a little girl, peering out. There are differing accounts of her story, some believing that she contracted the plague and her parents locked her away and fled. Others believe her parents were blocked into the house to prevent the disease from spreading, and she tragically died of neglect.

I gave her dried flowers to hold, to both symbolise the herbs used back during the black death which was believed to be spread through bad smells, and to represent the grief she must have experienced if the story is true. Unsurprisingly, the shop did not have very many items which would have been used as middle ages medicine but I also represented the blood letting which would have been used at the time.

I personally don't believe in ghosts, but I am open to the idea and I really love hearing ghost stories, particularly when somebody is telling me how they've seen one.

If you're ever visiting the UK, York is an incredible place to visit, steeped in history.

I've had a really hard time formatting this on mobile but you can see the window here: https://secretyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/lg-20.jpg

28.09.2023 20:21:29
reivalentine
Level 72
Sex Appeal: 286743
Agnostica
29.09.2023 04:00:54
reivalentine

More please. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

I am learning so many wonderful Folklore and Mythology I never heard before. ♥️

Please and thank you! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

29.09.2023 04:00:54
✿Contests&+:Snatch:Audrey♥️PXFC:Katrynah♥CultParty:HoneyBeee♥️Clowncore:HaloBear8♥️Kpop:Hera_♥️:ThenVSNow:Audrey♥️Xod,Nines:Pollyx♥️Wednesday:CraigslistStripper♥️
For me in contests: Participation only. No diamonds please. Only Banners. Thank you. ♥️
g0ose_lord
Level 58
Sex Appeal: 149123
Agnostica
29.09.2023 08:37:23
g0ose_lord

g0ose_lordHere I have the evil changeling, from Irish fairy folklore. They like to abduct children, who are given to the devil or to strengthen fairy stock. After they like to pose as the child or leave their own offspring in their place. Symptoms to spot changelings are unresponsiveness, resistance to physical affection, obstreperousness, inability to express emotion, and unexplained crying and physical changes such as rigidity and deformity. 

29.09.2023 08:37:23

bxdcherri
Level 187
Sex Appeal: 5191829
Reasonopia
29.09.2023 12:03:17
bxdcherri

bxdcherri
 Bloody Mary is a popular "game" in England, often played by young girls to summon the ghost or spirit of Bloody Mary. The ritual is often accompanied by a specific set of instructions or incantations that vary in different versions of the folklore. Sometimes the ritual involves chanting simply "Bloody Mary," three times, whereas other versions involve chanting, "I believe in Bloody Mary" or even "I killed your baby, Bloody Mary," usually in a dark or candlelit room. The appearance of Bloody Mary is said to be accompanied by a variety of supernatural occurrences or even ghostly apparitions.
 If the ritual is performed correctly, Bloody Mary might either appear in the mirror, reach out of the mirror and scratch the participant's face, or be released from the afterlife to haunt him or her forever. Other versions of the story include the mirror dripping blood, the participant's hair turning white, the participant disappearing without a trace, or Bloody Mary returning to take your first child. This legend has been the subject of many variations and has been passed down through generations as a form of a spooky urban legend or ghost story.
 Who Bloody Mary is is unknown, but many theories suggest it is based off of either Mary Tudor (Mary I of England), who put many Protestants to death for heresy, giving her the nickname "Bloody Mary," or Elizabeth Bathory, also known as the "Queen of Blood," who was supposedly convicted for murdering hundreds of young girls so she could bathe in their blood. One theory suggests its based on the transition into womanhood, noting that the Bloody Mary legend revolves around blood suddenly appearing, and that the ritual typically takes place in a bathroom with girls who are right on the edge of puberty.
I remember playing this game as a girl in the school bathrooms and being so unbelievably scared, it was a lot of fun lmao. 

29.09.2023 12:03:17

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...