Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

What do you do to minimize waste and pollution?

Created
Author
Loulwa
Loulwa
Level 47
Sex Appeal: 78862
Freethinkerland
06.06.2019 08:10:49
Loulwa

hello bimbos
so I know we talk about the environment in the debate category but I want to discuss what you actually do in real life to minimize your waste 
here are some tips to help save the environment:
Take your own shopping bags to the grocery store. Keep a couple in the car just in case.Write lists or notes on the back of scrap paper.Choose cloth diapers over disposables.Take a lunch box or reusable bag, instead of a paper or plastic bag.Pack lunch items in reusable containers such as Tupperware or thermoses.Take your own mug to the coffee shop. It’s often cheaper too!Take you egg cartons back to local retailers at venues such as farmer’s markets.Attempt to repair broken appliances instead of buying new.Avoid pre-packaged food and products.Wrap gifts in newspaper, magazines, or old posters.Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones.Donate unwanted yet still useful items to charities instead of disposing of them.Use rags for cleanup instead of paper towelsBuy rechargeable batteries.Buy products in refillable or recyclable containers.Take wire coat hangers that you no longer need to the dry cleaners.Spend a little more to buy durable goods that will last longer and save you money in the long run.Buy the item with the least packaging when choosing between two equally good products.Share with friends and neighbours those infrequently used items such as tools and heavier equipment.Ask friends or relatives if they can use your leftover paints.Purchase a reusable coffee filter.Use cedar chips instead of moth balls.Organize a skate exchange, toy exchange, or any other kind of exchange.If you have an idea on how manufacturers can cut down on their packaging waste, write them with your suggestion.Compost kitchen scraps and yard waste.If possible, take your compostables home from work in the containers in which you brought your lunch.Photocopy and print on both sides of the paper.Keep some scrap paper by your printer to print out draft copies.Buy paper that has post-consumer recycled content.At the office, circulate memos instead of duplicating them.Take the time to eat-in rather than take-out.Try to use reusable dinnerware and silverware when eating instead of paper plates and plastic utensils.Use compost instead of chemical fertilizer.Consider donating old blankets and towels to a local animal shelter. Be sure to call ahead first.
Feel free to add more tips!!

06.06.2019 08:10:49
Starbuck
Level 63
Sex Appeal: 199441
Atheista
06.06.2019 11:00:05
Starbuck

We use LED bulbs that last longer. We also use reusable coffee pods and pods that don't have extra plastic. We buy local products whenever possible to cut down on our contribution to gas emissions. We use public transit when we can. We also recently discovered that aluminum can be infinitely recycled if it is clean, so we switched to covering our food containers with that.

06.06.2019 11:00:05

KittyDeVille
Level 63
Sex Appeal: 194035
Freethinkerland
06.06.2019 13:57:51
KittyDeVille

We do a lot of those things as well, I've also found that using reusable period products (like a menstrual cup, period undies and cloth pads) greatly cuts down on waste. As well as cloth makeup wipes that can be washed and reused.

06.06.2019 13:57:51
Esuna
Level 46
Sex Appeal: 73378
Reasonopia
06.06.2019 19:21:52
Esuna

One of the biggest contributions you can make is cutting down heavily on meat products especially beef. Cows not only need a lot of feed/water but also are one of the largest producers of methane. Majority of the world's pollution actually comes from animal agriculture by cutting down forests to make way to grow feed for the ever growing beef industry. 

I'm not advocating for everyone to be vegan. But even to limit your red meat intake to once per week is better for the environment/your health.

Otherwise I do use reusable water-bottles 99% of the time, try my best to take reusable bags, donate any old items, short showers, shut off lights/unplug things when being away from the house, I also use a lot of public transportation and walk. There's still a lot more I could do.

06.06.2019 19:21:52
 Very busy with school at the moment, so temporary hiatus D:.
Bebe92583
Level 59
Sex Appeal: 163843
Antitheocra
07.06.2019 02:54:37
Bebe92583

I recycle Glass,Plastic and aluminum
I donate usable items to local thrift stores.
I use reusable grocery bags
I also repair appliances rather than buy new
I never buy paper plates .I can't afford them
living on 512.72 per month has benefits in that  most purchases are too expensive if I want to have money to pay bills. so replacement is not a option for me

07.06.2019 02:54:37
 Life is too Short ,Live for today, tomorrow may never get here!
QueenShebaVIII
Level 33
Sex Appeal: 27519
Atheista
07.06.2019 06:12:22
QueenShebaVIII

Use public transportation.

07.06.2019 06:12:22
Debate me please! <3
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695468
Freethinkerland
07.06.2019 13:59:11
HeavenLeighBimbo

I am an organic gardener.

My household food scraps are composted into fresh dirt.
   I had my own water retention pond built, for irrigation purposes.   This in turn, provided a 'wet-land habitat' for migratory bird's, and countless land's animals.

I recycle Aluminum can's, even though it cost's me more in fuel, to transport them to the recycling center.  A net of ZERO to saving the environment,  but at least I do my part to clean up, after the rich American Children that eat at Mc Donald's and throw the trash into the street..     Piff.   Littering is very common in American Environmentalist's.   It's Ironic !!!
   Oh my GOD,  the thing's I see  from the 'Children' who claim to be environmentally 'aware',  yet TRASH everything they consume/touch/ and desire.   Fools.

07.06.2019 13:59:11
Image result for winter wonderland banner
QueenShebaVIII
Level 33
Sex Appeal: 27519
Atheista
07.06.2019 14:17:34
QueenShebaVIII

Bebe92583 wrote:
I recycle Glass,Plastic and aluminum
I donate usable items to local thrift stores.
I use reusable grocery bags
I also repair appliances rather than buy new
I never buy paper plates .I can't afford them
living on 512.72 per month has benefits in that  most purchases are too expensive if I want to have money to pay bills. so replacement is not a option for me
I think this must be an American thing as we would never use paper plates and platic forks at home!? Maybe at a children's party (though I don't personally go to children's parties lol). I wonder if poor people do this but I don't see poor people do that here.

Paper may be recyclable but I'm not sure paper that's had food on it is - like if you order a pizza, the whole box might not be recyclable. Plus, we should try even to cut down on all waste, including things that need to be recycled, because very very unfortunately, not everything is recycled. Things are recycled if there is a demand for them as even recycling is a business, so that's another thing capitalism is to blame for lol. Just because you send things to be recycled (and I do try to recycle as much as I can) that doesn't mean they will all be recycled. So, for example, with straws (because that's a thing for some reason) it would be better to use a reusable straw than to use paper straws which will maybe be recycled. I personally have 1 bottle for water and it comes with a straw of course, like many resuable bottles do, so if I want to use a straw, I often just use that! Which does look weird, yes lol, but I'd rather do that than use plastic or paper straws.

07.06.2019 14:17:34
Debate me please! <3
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695468
Freethinkerland
07.06.2019 14:34:32
HeavenLeighBimbo

I 'second', the ^above post.
  In America,  the waste problem is in the 'disposable content' of " FAST-FOOD" culture.
  Pizza boxes , food wrapper's and drink cup's litter our entire country.....
   And it is the youthful individuals who buy 'garbage on a credit card, to leave everything not edible in the gutters of the streets.
   American culture might claim to be environmentally aware,  yet  they are all hypocrites.
           Consumerism,  is destroying the planet.   Everything that can be bought is packaged with useless cardboard graphic's and such.....    "Fluffy"- visual aids/advertisement's for a product already bought. 
                                The, 'Trash' before  the product becomes more trash becomes an advertisement in the gutter to everyone who sees the GARBAGE while walking by. 

I refuse to spend my money at those sort's of businesses.
  Sort of like a paper-plate,  and plastic spoons and one-time use straws....
    Foolish...  indeed. 

I often order mechanical part's for truck's. Such thing's are not fragile or really need extra care to prevent damage.... 
                                                                             Guess how they arrive?
  A BOX, a FILLER, a layer of bubble wrap,  and the actual product,  inside yet another box, and more filler,  and bubble-wrap.
  All for 14.99 USD. 
 The cost of packaging that is NOT recyclable, and wasted,
is often more than the actual part I bought to use for year's....... 

You gott'a love Amazon.com !!!  Shipping TRASH and garbage worldwide.
  Free ?   HOW?   
                                  The trash is going somewhere,
                  Maybe even to your home-town because you want it, and worked to have it.
   What you buy with your own money, is also a measure of being environmentally aware. 
I have have a classic historical truck,  I am re-building.
                I have no choice,  but to find part's from some very objectionable sources. 
              Recycling a truck into a work of 'usable' art, is NOT CHEEP and has many 'hidden' expenses.  
Like ---> useless packaging.

07.06.2019 14:34:32
Image result for winter wonderland banner
Mabelina
Level 33
Sex Appeal: 27679
Freethinkerland
13.06.2019 14:21:01
Mabelina

https://youtu.be/mT4Qbp89nIQ

This is a link for an amazing ted talk about social plastic. Inspiring and full of hope :-)

13.06.2019 14:21:01

Believe IMiracles Beautiful Ones xxx

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...