Author
rossyta123
Alexstrasza
Level 200
Sex Appeal: 6641010
Agnostica
07.06.2020 21:11:20
Alexstrasza

My sincerest apologies for the double edit on David Boreanaz's post. I waited 10 hours for confirmation to remove an acronym and I got it. However, 5 minutes after I removed it I was informed that this is in fact now allowed. I have re-edited their post and inserted the acronym back into it. I'm sorry for any confusion caused.

07.06.2020 21:11:20
Such misplaced zeal... Their eyes remain closed to the true path. Not like you... my devoted Chosen...
princessaphrodite
Level 53
Sex Appeal: 115257
Antitheocra
07.06.2020 21:50:46
princessaphrodite

David boreanaz wrote:
the fact that the forum guardians are now called "bimbo police" is so fucking insane to me, esp in this climate. an incredibly tone-deaf decision ! particularly when a few FGs kept deleting comments that did nothing but criticise the police only 2 days ago. meanwhile HLB and co can enjoy sexually explicit rants without any repercussions. please change the label back. ACAB
theres def an abuse of power from some of the FGs im ngl... i've seen legitimately racist posts on this site's forum from the past that are still up to this day (funnily enough, a lot were from the user you've mentioned). i made a post last week calling out a FG for a tone deaf comment they made in relation to the george floyd/BLM protests and my post was taken down, theirs edited to remove the insensitive comment and from what i've gathered nothing really happened to them lol (even though another FG actually took the issue to the PB). i privately suggested that if they felt as though the whole thread had the potential to become controversial that they might benefit from removing the whole thing but no,, only my post was taken down :P

and another thing: if the specific FG im alluding to is reading this, i have nothing personal against u. just explaining the situation and why i feel like it was kinda unfair on my behalf. not here to throw hands lmao

07.06.2020 21:50:46
she/her

Inactive sorry
Cum_Dumpster
Level 131
Sex Appeal: 1775413
Freethinkerland
08.06.2020 03:00:01
Cum_Dumpster

princessaphrodite wrote:
David boreanaz wrote:
the fact that the forum guardians are now called "bimbo police" is so fucking insane to me, esp in this climate. an incredibly tone-deaf decision ! particularly when a few FGs kept deleting comments that did nothing but criticise the police only 2 days ago. meanwhile HLB and co can enjoy sexually explicit rants without any repercussions. please change the label back. ACAB
theres def an abuse of power from some of the FGs im ngl... i've seen legitimately racist posts on this site's forum from the past that are still up to this day (funnily enough, a lot were from the user you've mentioned). i made a post last week calling out a FG for a tone deaf comment they made in relation to the george floyd/BLM protests and my post was taken down, theirs edited to remove the insensitive comment and from what i've gathered nothing really happened to them lol (even though another FG actually took the issue to the PB). i privately suggested that if they felt as though the whole thread had the potential to become controversial that they might benefit from removing the whole thing but no,, only my post was taken down :P

and another thing: if the specific FG im alluding to is reading this, i have nothing personal against u. just explaining the situation and why i feel like it was kinda unfair on my behalf. not here to throw hands lmao
Hey, here now lol
Your post wasn't the only one deleted, after it was decided that I edit my post to remind folks to basically keep things chill here on the forums(it's an inflammatory topic, but if people REALLY want to go at it over this and other such topics, my personal stance is take it offsite since our rules don't really allow for total freedom in this area) I deleted all subsequent posts mentioning my faux pas. I counted 4 posts total, since I get a notification each time I delete something in my inbox, and I keep them in case issues like this come up.
Also, as for posts from the past: rules were different(nonexistent) depending on just how far back you go. FG's only moderate current posts because to go back through 5 years worth of forum is something that none of us really have the time nor inclination to do. If you see something really nasty that DOES need attention, regardless of the age, you can absolutely report the post or PM one of us.

08.06.2020 03:00:01
ChumDumpster's wife irl  
Update 2022: Site has been soured for me so I took a break. Still not certain about coming back...
princessaphrodite
Level 53
Sex Appeal: 115257
Antitheocra
08.06.2020 03:54:18
princessaphrodite

Cum_Dumpster wrote:
Hey, here now lol
Your post wasn't the only one deleted, after it was decided that I edit my post to remind folks to basically keep things chill here on the forums(it's an inflammatory topic, but if people REALLY want to go at it over this and other such topics, my personal stance is take it offsite since our rules don't really allow for total freedom in this area) I deleted all subsequent posts mentioning my faux pas. I counted 4 posts total, since I get a notification each time I delete something in my inbox, and I keep them in case issues like this come up.
Also, as for posts from the past: rules were different(nonexistent) depending on just how far back you go. FG's only moderate current posts because to go back through 5 years worth of forum is something that none of us really have the time nor inclination to do. If you see something really nasty that DOES need attention, regardless of the age, you can absolutely report the post or PM one of us.
thanks for clarifying that mine wasn't the only one taken down. i hadn't seen any other posts regarding ur one before i had logged on the next day, so i wasn't actually aware of any other users that had theirs taken down too. my post here isn't an attack on the specific comment (we already discussed that in private and got over it), but it was more so my problem w/ the fact that the average user may (may) receive some sort of sanction for insensitive language whereas, as a FG, there's the advantage of having the ability to erase such comments and move on without facing repercussions. i was using my experience as an example to illustrate how easy it is for a FG to do so (cover up their mistakes) and therefore how easy it might be for a FG to abuse their powers in the grand scheme of things, esp because other users arent happy at the fact that certain FGs have been removing their posts for not being pro-police but are allowing other questionable posts to remain up (i do not know the specifics of this, but from an outsiders perspective it would seem like the FGs are unfairly pushing their own agendas)

08.06.2020 03:54:18
she/her

Inactive sorry
honorscollege
Level 104
Sex Appeal: 885828
Reasonopia
08.06.2020 04:26:39
honorscollege

If we're talking about gripes with forum guardians, I have a problem with the fact that forum guardians can block users and users can't block forum guardians. I like to block back users who block me because I don't want users who have shown that they dislike me to interact with my posts in the form of upvotes/downvotes and vote for my fights and debates. Doesn't matter much in the long run, but I would just prefer that they didn't interact with those things! But with forum guardians, I CAN'T block them back. And more importantly, I can't contact those specific forum guardians. I don't think forum guardians should have the ability to block users since users can't block them. The fact that they can forum ban users if they're acting out of pocket seems like a fair trade-off for not being able to block users. At the very least, they shouldn't be blocking users who aren't harassing them. It's unprofessional. Mods should be above this.

08.06.2020 04:26:39
She/her pronouns. 25 years old. Semi-inactive.
Cum_Dumpster
Level 131
Freethinkerland
08.06.2020 04:29:17
Cum_Dumpster

princessaphrodite wrote:
Cum_Dumpster wrote:
Hey, here now lol
thanks for clarifying that mine wasn't the only one taken down. i hadn't seen any other posts regarding ur one before i had logged on the next day, so i wasn't actually aware of any other users that had theirs taken down too. my post here isn't an attack on the specific comment (we already discussed that in private and got over it), but it was more so my problem w/ the fact that the average user may (may) receive some sort of sanction for insensitive language whereas, as a FG, there's the advantage of having the ability to erase such comments and move on without facing repercussions. i was using my experience as an example to illustrate how easy it is for a FG to do so (cover up their mistakes) and therefore how easy it might be for a FG to abuse their powers in the grand scheme of things, esp because other users arent happy at the fact that certain FGs have been removing their posts for not being pro-police but are allowing other questionable posts to remain up (i do not know the specifics of this, but from an outsiders perspective it would seem like the FGs are unfairly pushing their own agendas)
Your concern absolutely makes sense, and I can see it from your perspective as I was only very recently appointed to this position. Increased transparency is something that we're all working on ways to create, though from my perspective, the setup of this forum actually works against us in that regard, so we've had to take matters into our own hands when it comes to creating a system to ensure that everyone can be accountable and responsible for their own actions.
Concerning the police issue in particular, we actually currently have talks going on between the FG's and the PB in how exactly we plan to handle that going forward, since we aren't currently all in agreement as to a plan of action. We're getting closer though, we're just trying to make sure that our community feels safe and comfortable, but also feels like they can speak their mind as much as the current forum rules allow. People have expressed that anti-cop sentiment, specifically as it relates to violence against cops and people who sympathize with them, makes them feel unsafe, uncomfortable, and generally makes them feel like they cannot speak openly about it on the forums, so removing such things in the recent past is an attempt to make sure they are heard. However, posts that are cop-critical but do not openly promote violence have and will stay.

08.06.2020 04:29:17
ChumDumpster's wife irl  
Update 2022: Site has been soured for me so I took a break. Still not certain about coming back...
Cum_Dumpster
Level 131
Freethinkerland
08.06.2020 04:34:28
Cum_Dumpster

honorscollege wrote:
If we're talking about gripes with forum guardians, I have a problem with the fact that forum guardians can block users and users can't block forum guardians. I like to block back users who block me because I don't want users who have shown that they dislike me to interact with my posts in the form of upvotes/downvotes and vote for my fights and debates. Doesn't matter much in the long run, but I would just prefer that they didn't interact with those things! But with forum guardians, I CAN'T block them back. And more importantly, I can't contact those specific forum guardians. I don't think forum guardians should have the ability to block users since users can't block them. The fact that they can forum ban users if they're acting out of pocket seems like a fair trade-off for not being able to block users. At the very least, they shouldn't be blocking users who aren't harassing them. It's unprofessional. Mods should be above this.
I'm in partial agreement with you. I've posted in other places that I don't block people, and this is something that I will continue to do, even if the user specifically asks me to. As a forum guardian, I take the ability for ANYONE to contact me regardless of my personal opinion of them and theirs of me seriously, because I have a job to do. By blocking them, I am removing their right as a user on this site to communicate with someone who has a job and some form of power. Even though there are other FG's available, I may be the only one online at that time, and if the matter is of some importance, their ability to contact me immediately is more important than my personal feelings of them.
So no, I don't think that users should be able to block FG's. But I also don't believe that FG's should be allowed to block users.

08.06.2020 04:34:28
ChumDumpster's wife irl  
Poison Black
Level 64
Sex Appeal: 202841
Secville
08.06.2020 04:35:15
Poison Black

People, I'm a little late 'cuz I'm dealing with some stuff IRL, but I want to add some notes to this conversation. First of all, we're living in a huge pandemic situation where most of us are in quarantine - and the who isn't, probably are angry and scared too, since going out is a life risk situation - and that's why I think it's important to keep the forum a safe place for everyone. I'm new as an FG (please, keep calling me Forum Guardian) and I can assure you all that we are listening to all your demands in order to improve this environment. Unfortunately, there's no manual about how we should do it, so we will commit several mistakes until we find a way to make this work. Most likely, I'll fuck things up soon and I'm sorry about that, but I'll do my best to fix it quickly and to listen to you, guys. But we want to change things for the best and that's our goal right now. Deal with things in a better, different way.
Since it's a very sensitive subject, we need a little time to figure out how we will proceed, so please guys, wait just a little more and gave us a chance, okay? Btw, you can DM me whatever you like if you got a question, but I became very busy sometimes and may take a while to respond, but I'll do my best.

08.06.2020 04:35:15

Surprise, b*tch! Something Wicked is coming, and I guess it's me! Who's the baddest witch in town? ;)
honorscollege
Level 104
Sex Appeal: 885828
Reasonopia
08.06.2020 04:41:25
honorscollege

Cum_Dumpster wrote:
honorscollege wrote:
I'm in partial agreement with you. I've posted in other places that I don't block people, and this is something that I will continue to do, even if the user specifically asks me to. As a forum guardian, I take the ability for ANYONE to contact me regardless of my personal opinion of them and theirs of me seriously, because I have a job to do. By blocking them, I am removing their right as a user on this site to communicate with someone who has a job and some form of power. Even though there are other FG's available, I may be the only one online at that time, and if the matter is of some importance, their ability to contact me immediately is more important than my personal feelings of them.
So no, I don't think that users should be able to block FG's. But I also don't believe that FG's should be allowed to block users.
To be clear, I don't think users should be able to block FGs. I think that since users can't block FGs, FGs in turn should not be able to block other players.

08.06.2020 04:41:25
She/her pronouns. 25 years old. Semi-inactive.
Cum_Dumpster
Level 131
Freethinkerland
08.06.2020 04:48:16
Cum_Dumpster

honorscollege wrote:
Cum_Dumpster wrote:
honorscollege wrote:
To be clear, I don't think users should be able to block FGs. I think that since users can't block FGs, FGs in turn should not be able to block other players.
Oops! Sorry I misunderstood!
Actually, speaking of that, the entire block system is just... not good at all. When I got this job, users that already had me blocked as a regular player couldn't UNblock me if they wanted/needed to, so both of us had to go to Kimsim and tell him of the issue. I'm not sure if FG's can unblock a user that they blocked as a regular player, but if that is the case, it needs to be fixed... isn't our site wonderful?

08.06.2020 04:48:16
ChumDumpster's wife irl  

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...