The Runway
Created
Anna Morphosis
Level 32
Sex Appeal: 24946
Secville
18.02.2020 22:24:12
Anna Morphosis

I was trying to not post or respond anything here, but I think I must.

I created this contest taking advantage of the moment of 'revolt' that took place in Bimboland. I took advantage of the moment so that our voices could be heard, if not outflowed. Sometimes it is good to put out what bothers us, what hurts us, what makes us want to fight - and sometimes we even want to give up. I know that many causes that will be exposed here may not be the most important for some. I know that some people will be against the protests of others.

The only thing I ask is that you keep this protest/contest a free and safe place for everyone to expose themselves in the way they want - many just have this space for it.

When you comment on something, belittling or offending the other, you are, in a way, discouraging others from speaking, exposing themselves, fighting for what they think is right. I don't want that, really, really don't want anyone to feel denied to participate for fear of the judgment of others. I am not preventing anyone from disagreeing, I just ask you all not to do that here. If you want to talk and expose your sides about one cause or another, do it by private message, by comments, but not here. 

I apologize if anyone has been offended, hurt or even despised. I'll do my best to protect this place. :c

We will keep fighting, always. And we'll be heard. ♥

18.02.2020 22:24:12
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎   ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
                                                   well, whatever, fight&debate me
railophone
Level 64
Sex Appeal: 204309
Freethinkerland
18.02.2020 23:33:34
railophone

railophone

Hey guys, this is a little different from all of yours, but something I think is incredibly important in the field that I am going to work in. In pharmacy, you see patients all the time who cannot afford their life-saving medications, even with insurance. The US has some of the highest drug prices in the world! Newer and more effective medications (honestly truly groundbreaking ones) keep coming out, but they are so expensive you pretty much have to be stinkin' rich to afford them, or you have to have ridiculously good insurance.

A drug I see a lot of issues with is insulin. Insulin prices are exceptionally high, leading patients to resort to buying the Walmart generic insulin, which is much cheaper, but this can be very dangerous because there are so many different types of insulin! You can't switch from one to another on your own - you really need the help of a doctor or pharmacist. Switching insulins without medical supervision can cause very low blood sugar, leading to permanent injury and even death. There have been reported deaths related to costs of insulin - here's one article. This is totally unacceptable!!

Advocating for patients is something pharmacists take an oath to do. Some pharmacists are very involved in legislation and push for regulation of drug prices, particularly insulin, so that patients can actually afford the medications that keep them healthy and alive. This is what I am trying to portray with my outfit - that I am an advocate for accessible healthcare and medications for patients, and though I may not be actively marching in the streets to protest, I work hard behind the scenes with legislators to try to get laws passed to achieve these goals.

Thanks for listening/reading! :)

18.02.2020 23:33:34
You can't keep doing shitty things and then feel bad about yourself like that makes it okay. You need to be better. -S3E10 Bojack Horseman
craigslist-stripper
Level 213
Sex Appeal: 7667200
Agnostica
19.02.2020 00:39:00
craigslist-stripper

i love your protest theme so much railophone :)) 

i have experienced this first hand, a few years ago my psych put me on an antidepressant that had just entered the market, and it worked really well, better than anything else he'd given me. but my insurance wouldn't cover it at all, and it would have cost me close to $300 a month for it. luckily he had a cabinet full of samples to give me every month, for free. and he did this for over a year before i stopped taking them. i've heard it is very common for doctors to do this, it's so awful that people are being charged hundreds or thousands of dollars for something that can evidently be given away for free. pills are worth pennies, they really should be sold for that little

19.02.2020 00:39:00

Ciba
Level 47
Sex Appeal: 83631
Atheista
19.02.2020 03:03:05
Ciba

Ciba

For me, it was very difficult to choose a cause to defend, because we are in 2020 and… dude, there is still a lot to change! Finally, I chose the environment because I am more aware, my world has changed, I am in this "vibe", and I really felt the need to talk about it.

The United Nations (UN) has given a clear and blunt warning: the planet is headed for climatic, health and social collapse. However, he also stressed the solution (which is still possible): reduce greenhouse gas emissions (which cause climate change), decrease consumption levels, protect water and biodiversity (among others).

The UN warns that if drastic and urgent changes do not occur, there will be devastating consequences. There won't be tomorrow for many people, unless we stop!

Two tragic scenarios have recently taken place: burning in Australia and the Amazon Forest. And to see all that being taken by the fire, desperate animals, running, dying burnt alive, destroying beautiful scenery ...  I really felt like I died together!

And what is worse: negationist and anti-nature rulers, who just want to exploit and further enrich the rich! Because they destroy nature with the promise of social and economic improvements, but in reality, the profit goes to the ruling class that owns the means of production.

So it's just us!

We have to fight and demand change NOW before it's too late!

(I hope that my bad English has not hindered the idea that I intend to pass)

Zero pollution, Good vibes only, and let's live without compromising the environment :)

19.02.2020 03:03:05
In another dimension...
Alexstrasza
Level 200
Sex Appeal: 6641010
Agnostica
19.02.2020 17:39:01
Alexstrasza

I know that a recent post disturbed some spirits (I count myself among the disturbed spirits), but the Forum Guardians have addressed the issue. I'd like to respectfully ask everyone if we could get back to the topic at hand, please. Anna Morphosis worked hard to organize this contest and I don't want her efforts to be derailed by one incident. ♥

19.02.2020 17:39:01
Such misplaced zeal... Their eyes remain closed to the true path. Not like you... my devoted Chosen...
Sandi Lut
Level 280
Sex Appeal: 25261991
Antitheocra
19.02.2020 17:58:21
Sandi Lut

I deleted the comment jamie fae made. It is OBVIOUSLY against forum rules for more than one reason. Please continue the contest without paying attention to trolls :)

19.02.2020 17:58:21
Happiness is inside yourself

Ulvhild
Level 200
Sex Appeal: 6511417
Secville
19.02.2020 18:02:33
Ulvhild

I’m fighting for Norway’s main predator animals: wolves, lynxes, and wolverines. They have the right to live too!
Ulvhild
I’m an animal rights activist, I have been for many years. In Norway, where I live, the most urgent current cause is saving our wolves (and lynxes and wolverines), because hunters and sheep-farmers view them as a threat to their way of living, and kill them. A couple of months ago they even shot and killed a pregnant wolf. This complete disrespect for animals makes me both sad and angry, and utterly frustrated because the Norwegian government actually sanctions the culling of wolves every year. Wolves, lynxes, and wolverines are all red-listed animals facing extinction, and without these beautiful and important predators, our forest ecosystem will die. The government needs to wake up and realize what they are doing; it’s time to stop the slaughter!

(My mask is meant to be a wolf-mask.:)

19.02.2020 18:02:33
      - Life is a pretty cheesy game, but at least it has good graphics -
Juggalo Rights
Level 30
Sex Appeal: 20301
Atheista
20.02.2020 00:46:39
Juggalo Rights

Juggalo Rights 
it's a simple sign and a pretty simple outfit, but instead of focusing on one particular sociopolitical cause i decided to focus on a particular message: we can't back down. we can't be scared into submission or forced to settle for less. we can't and won't go quietly. i gave my bimbo a binder and a trans flag pin to represent my particular group, but i made the rest of the outfit black to represent black bloc protesters. in a black bloc, every individual protester wears all black and wears items to cover their hair, face, etc. this is for safety reasons (so they cant be picked out in pictures or videos and doxxed or harassed) but also creates a unified group of people. it doesnt matter where you come from, or who you are, you blend in with the group and are a part of a strong collective all working towards the same thing.
so while i'm trans and my main area of activism is transgender rights and welfare, i am allied with all marginalized groups, because we are stronger together. there are more of us and we won't be kept down forever. no war but class war!

20.02.2020 00:46:39
Your image is loading
lesbimbo420
Level 24
Sex Appeal: 11509
Atheista
20.02.2020 01:59:24
lesbimbo420

lesbimbo420     
It's very difficult for me to talk about this, but this is a cause that I heavily believe in, partially due to it's personal effects on me.

There's not much rep of mentally ill people in the media. When there is rep, it's the Hollywood version of anxiety and depression, or the beautiful, petite version of anorexia. These people deserve rep, I would know, being one of them. But a problem that I've seen and started to notice more and more of since I was diagnosed with schizophrenia is how terribly the "scary" mental illnesses are treated. Think of a character in the media that has schizophrenia. If you even can, it's likely that this character is a villain, a murderer, or a joke.

I was in 6th grade when I first started experiencing hallucinations. I was in 9th grade when I realized that the voices weren't just in my head. And it wasn't until last year that I finally started to go to therapy for these hallucinations. A major part of the reason it took so long was the stigma surrounding schizophrenia, and any of the other "scary" mental disorders, like paranoia, psychosis, aspd, and DID in the media. I was terrified that if I went to therapy, and I told my therapist that I was seeing things, hearing things, and sometimes even feeling things that didn't seem right, I'd be locked away in a ward. (Not that there's anything wrong with psych wards- its a much more complex topic). This stigma was caused by how the media portrayed these disorders. I fight for education about these disorders, and for better representation for me and my peers with these disorders. 

20.02.2020 01:59:24

Channing
Level 42
Sex Appeal: 55938
Freethinkerland
20.02.2020 03:28:04
Channing

I love your sign and cause. I appreciate your story, you are brave!

lesbimbo420
wrote:
lesbimbo420     
It's very difficult for me to talk about this, but this is a cause that I heavily believe in, partially due to it's personal effects on me.

There's not much rep of mentally ill people in the media. When there is rep, it's the Hollywood version of anxiety and depression, or the beautiful, petite version of anorexia. These people deserve rep, I would know, being one of them. But a problem that I've seen and started to notice more and more of since I was diagnosed with schizophrenia is how terribly the "scary" mental illnesses are treated. Think of a character in the media that has schizophrenia. If you even can, it's likely that this character is a villain, a murderer, or a joke.

I was in 6th grade when I first started experiencing hallucinations. I was in 9th grade when I realized that the voices weren't just in my head. And it wasn't until last year that I finally started to go to therapy for these hallucinations. A major part of the reason it took so long was the stigma surrounding schizophrenia, and any of the other "scary" mental disorders, like paranoia, psychosis, aspd, and DID in the media. I was terrified that if I went to therapy, and I told my therapist that I was seeing things, hearing things, and sometimes even feeling things that didn't seem right, I'd be locked away in a ward. (Not that there's anything wrong with psych wards- its a much more complex topic). This stigma was caused by how the media portrayed these disorders. I fight for education about these disorders, and for better representation for me and my peers with these disorders. 

20.02.2020 03:28:04

~~You can't argue with IGNORANCE~~

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...