kimsim
vivi bambi
Level 53
Sex Appeal: 116694
Reasonopia
07.08.2018 22:18:33
vivi bambi

vivi bambi wrote:
the intention is very good, but i think there's a flaw in the implementation.
this is a game about interaction. it's an internet republic.
we have to interact! no democracy without interaction.
imo it's no need to open this feature for everyone against everyone.
as you can see outfit fights and debates are provoking strong reactions and negative feelings, because some are simply not able to loose a game or to accept votes against themselves. perhaps some have a real grudge against others with the consequence that they don't give votes to them or vote repeatedly against them... or don't get votes from certain bimbos or just see votes against them from the same bimbo again and again - often just a question of the personal perspective.
i think it would be better to open this feature only through a moderator.
in this case a block could only be established, if the moderator confirms and accepts the reason, why a bimbo wants to block another "bimbo sister".
because it shouldn't be used as tactical feature.
what would happen if a famous bimbos sends messages to her friends to block a certain bimbo, because there's something, that she just doesn't like on this bimbo?
you don't have to tell her: you're not a bimbo. you just give her the stop sign: no, you're not allowed to enter this club. you're blocked.
in this case blocking will work like shutting someone out.
sad.
just repeating...
PLL is just showing the flaw of the system. very consequently. that's all.
it's not her fault. it's the fault of the developers who gave this blocking feature to every bimbo without thinking twice.
shouldn't we, the bimbos, be the brainless dollies?
why are the developers showing this being brainless feature so often?
i'm confused.

07.08.2018 22:18:33
Esuna
Level 46
Sex Appeal: 73378
Reasonopia
07.08.2018 22:28:31
Esuna

It's better that sh*t has hit the fan right while this is a fresh release. I think that if things didn't get brought up on this thread to be aired out/and if there was no notification that you've been blocked - the feature would be another notch in the problems we already have sometimes with debates/fights.

Hopefully, the iffy points of the feature can be addressed and improved upon for what it should be used for - ceasing contact with toxic scenarios between bimbos. As other's suggested ... mods/whoever in charge might have to review a blocking scenario before it goes through to ensure it is a legitimate reason to cease any contact. 

07.08.2018 22:28:31
 Very busy with school at the moment, so temporary hiatus D:.
Iulja
Level 122
Sex Appeal: 1451667
Reasonopia
07.08.2018 22:34:43
Iulja

That's why we actually should be really grateful to PLL for bringing up the point that this feature may be used differently than it was planned. I belive that developers had reasonable ideas to add this feature, however, they couldn't predict how creatively Bimbos would use it :)

07.08.2018 22:34:43

orientina
Level 81
Sex Appeal: 420499
Atheista
07.08.2018 22:44:38
orientina

I vote for bimbos have better looks than opponents, and look for fights both bimbos are well dressed.
When fighting list gets many pages, to fasten the process, i look for fights 4 vs 1, and vote for bimbo got 4 votes already unless her/his opponents were naked. 
I send fights to whom dressing nice. I put effort to look creative so are they, and it makes fight much exciting as a fighter and for voter.
It can get boring  seeing fights with same outfits again and again.
Or if someone send me fight, I send fight back. It's kind of showing appreciation using their tokens to fight me,and if I win on their fight,
I'm hoping they win on my fight. Sometimes I send debate if bimbo were new player to be fair.
If I loose a lot with particular looks, I try to come up with different look - SIMPLE!
I won't block people just because they don't vote for me, and find excuses to blame, justify myself to  make my little own happy perfect world
( isn't same as having a gang?)  while sitting there looking exactly the same as yesterday and thinking deserve to win.

07.08.2018 22:44:38
オリエンティーナ☆
Anoushka
Level 44
Sex Appeal: 68602
Atheista
07.08.2018 22:52:45
Anoushka

I’d like to see the addition of a drop down choice to be made that you have to select perhaps something like -
I am blocking you because-
* I feel bullied or harrassed
* I feel voted against constantly
* I don’t not approve of comments made
or something like  that- holds everyone a little more accountable than just a ‘click’ and no explanation.
easy for me to say I have NO idea the work that goes into changed

07.08.2018 22:52:45
Just because you can
Doesn’t mean you should.
dee0818
Level 23
Sex Appeal: 9394
Agnostica
08.08.2018 01:45:06
dee0818

Hope this doesn't get me banned.

Few posts back, Carmel advocated for: "creating alliances."  Sounds like advocating for gangs.  I'd like to believe that wasn't really what you meant.

Orientina wrote just above that when voting is 4:1, she just makes it 5, apparently with little regard to the merits of the outfits.  That may be a quick way to rack up reputation points by voting, but it seems extremely unfair to the fighters.  If you see me in a fight, Orientina, and the score is 4:1 in either direction, how about just clicking skip, please?  I don't want to win or lose because you didn't want to take the time to form your own opinion.

08.08.2018 01:45:06
orientina
Level 81
Sex Appeal: 420499
Atheista
08.08.2018 02:50:53
orientina

OMG{(-_-)} I wrote "When fighting list gets many pages", and I never stated that I don't want to take time to form my opinion.
My standard for vote is same "bimbos have better looks than opponents, and look for fights both bimbos are well dressed"
Adding to this 4 vs1, there is a reason why they've got 4 votes already - they look better than opponents to my opinion, so don't see it unfair me voting better looking player and close fight at all.
I still skip if opponents were naked, or both of the looks are not my liking. I just leave them alone.
Since I've got more votes being senator, "WHEN FIGHTING LIST GETS MANY PAGES", I would use my votes to close fights help out all remaining fights get as much votes they can get from many other players and close fights.

08.08.2018 02:50:53
オリエンティーナ☆
Esuna
Level 46
Reasonopia
08.08.2018 03:22:13
Esuna

dee0818 wrote:
Orientina wrote just above that when voting is 4:1, she just makes it 5, apparently with little regard to the merits of the outfits.  That may be a quick way to rack up reputation points by voting, but it seems extremely unfair to the fighters.  If you see me in a fight, Orientina, and the score is 4:1 in either direction, how about just clicking skip, please?  I don't want to win or lose because you didn't want to take the time to form your own opinion.
To be fair ... if someone has garnered 4 consecutive votes and you have 1, that fight is basically over especially if your battle is at the top of the list. The person with 4 votes already has the majority (probably for good reason) and most bimbos will just close out the fight. It'll take 3 more votes consecutively in a row for the person with 1 vote in order to tie things up ... not a big percentage of chance for this to likely happen. And just because you, I or whoever else thinks we deserve the win or chance to win it doesn't mean others feel the same way. It is what it is  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

08.08.2018 03:22:13
dee0818
Level 23
Sex Appeal: 9394
Agnostica
08.08.2018 04:16:15
dee0818

Orientina, I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.  It seemed to be that you always vote for the better dressed, unless it's 4 to nothing, so why bother?  Just be the 5th vote and get it done.  Maybe that isn't your intent, but that seems to be what you are saying.

Esunia, you are more clear.  If 4 to nothing, it's all over.  Why bother.  Never going to happen.  At least that seems to be your very clear message.

To which I would say, talk to The Toronto Maple Leafs in 1942 who were down 3 to 0 in the Stanly Cup Final, and won 4 straight to take the series.  Ditto:
1975 NHL Campbell Conference Quarterfinals (New York Islanders 4, Pittsburgh Penguins 3),
2004 MLB ALCS (Boston Red Sox 4, New York Yankees 3); <Imagine that, down 3-0 against the Yankees, and not just giving up.  Unbelievable.>
2010 NHL Eastern Conference Semifinals (Philadelphia Flyers 4, Boston Bruins 3), and
2014 NHL Western Conference Quarterfinals (Los Angeles Kings 4, San Jose Sharks 3)

My son's high school basketball team was down 10 point with 45 seconds left on the clock in the playoffs to go to state finals.  What followed was probably the worst 45 seconds of the other coach's life; His team lost.

It's said that it isn't over until the fat lady sings.  In my opinion, anyone who casts the 5th vote for someone for the primary purpose of clearing the fight off the board, or is persuaded by the group-think of the other 4, is severely harming the integrity of the game and denying the person who is down a truly fair fight.

08.08.2018 04:16:15
Esuna
Level 46
Reasonopia
08.08.2018 05:07:14
Esuna

dee0818 wrote:
Esunia, you are more clear.  If 4 to nothing, it's all over.  Why bother.  Never going to happen.  At least that seems to be your very clear message.

To which I would say, talk to The Toronto Maple Leafs in 1942 who were down 3 to 0 in the Stanly Cup Final, and won 4 straight to take the series.  Ditto:
1975 NHL Campbell Conference Quarterfinals (New York Islanders 4, Pittsburgh Penguins 3),
2004 MLB ALCS (Boston Red Sox 4, New York Yankees 3); <Imagine that, down 3-0 against the Yankees, and not just giving up.  Unbelievable.>
2010 NHL Eastern Conference Semifinals (Philadelphia Flyers 4, Boston Bruins 3), and
2014 NHL Western Conference Quarterfinals (Los Angeles Kings 4, San Jose Sharks 3)

My son's high school basketball team was down 10 point with 45 seconds left on the clock in the playoffs to go to state finals.  What followed was probably the worst 45 seconds of the other coach's life; His team lost.

It's said that it isn't over until the fat lady sings.  In my opinion, anyone who casts the 5th vote for someone for the primary purpose of clearing the fight off the board, or is persuaded by the group-think of the other 4, is severely harming the integrity of the game and denying the person who is down a truly fair fight.

I don't really understand comparing real-life events based on actual skill in sports (in which players are responsible for their own team(s) fate) to voting in an online doll fashion game based on subjective opinion(s) in fashion, it's just not on the same level. There isn't anything on the line except some personal internet pride.

The point being is that person has garnered 4 votes, as I said before probably is for good reason - the person who only has 1 vote might just not have a nice look and more people passing by won't change the general consensus, and the results would still be most likely the same even if you increased the allowed vote amount up to 10. People are going to vote how they want to vote it's really not that deep of a theory. We all have certain sets of morals it doesn't mean everyone else will follow to them or we should expect them to. The most important thing is that people are abiding by the rules of bimboland - the 1 account only policy. Everything else is variable and can be altered by how you dress, debate, and how you interact with the community. 

08.08.2018 05:07:14

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...