lets be real here

Created
Goth Nikki
Level 46
Sex Appeal: 76687
Atheista
31.03.2024 02:03:35
Goth Nikki

I am not paying anything to this game because I am poor thank goodness, atm I feel the only people who should be putting money into this site is whoever is running for SM imo

31.03.2024 02:03:35
Pollyx
Level 126
Sex Appeal: 1564467
Antitheocra
31.03.2024 02:06:25
Pollyx

yeah i would not suggest absolutely anyone outside of PH spending money on the site with the exception of anyone running a contest THROUGH an SM but that's buying diamonds. def do not buy senatorship though

31.03.2024 02:06:25
♥ Join The Church of Xod, an all-state fashion & creative contest where you create a (fake)bimbo god! Be inventive, do some worldbuilding, have fun! Open until May 10th, extra prizes for Antitheocrans ♥
Here is my well-sourced educational forum post about Israel's apartheid and genocide of Palestinians in Gaza and across Palestine as a whole, please educate yourself or you may fall for propaganda! 

Goth Nikki
Level 46
Sex Appeal: 76687
Atheista
31.03.2024 02:08:35
Goth Nikki

With the craze if you get enough diamonds form it you probably could use them to trade artifacts to get the senator ones and use them to be senator for a while.

31.03.2024 02:08:35
Saturday
Level 13
Sex Appeal: 1476
Atheista
31.03.2024 02:37:30
Saturday

Kind of adding onto my previous point, I don’t really think what Ximboland is doing right now is very sustainable. I mean, it is quite obvious that Ximboland is pandering to the experienced players and I feel as if it is slipping into some elitist senator circlejerk situation. Now, I know there are a lot of ethical concerns about making games ‘inaccessible’ to casual players, (which, let’s say for instance is 90% of the player-base for convenience since that’s usually the average). However, this can genuinely be a lucrative tactic to curating monetisation effectively within a community, but it requires a stable foundation to actually foster successfully. Personally, I don’t believe that Ximboland has the players or the stability to make this kind of transition. 

Especially as Ximboland is supposedly turning into a more ‘social-media’ style thing. This kind of confuses me though? Because why would you clearly pander to the experienced players within your niche, and then try and segway into something else without taking into consideration how you will be shifting your demographic. I mean, let’s go back to my previous point and say that 90% of the people are casuals. Out of everyone who has signed up for this site, the monetisation is targeting experienced and still active users. So let’s say that 1 out of 10 people who have ever signed up are in the target demographic for senatorship, is it really wise to do this when there is supposedly supposed to be a shift? I mean, take into account that experienced people may not like the changes and might fall out of the favour with the game; and this will happen regardless, but… I think that marketing towards a more varied audience instead of a niche would do more favours if a shift into social-media is supposedly to happen. 

Because my thinking is if this shift does happen, a new audience is going to join and then there will be experienced players who fall out of favour and have lost interest; therefore less monetisation. Why isn’t there more effort to make the site more appealing to new players, especially if we are in the start of a transitional state? 

Of course this is all just my two cents as a new player myself, if I’m wrong then that’s fine but I’m just a little confused because I’m getting mixed signals from Ximboland and I don’t think the current state it’s in is sustainable like, at all? In my opinion, senatorship is being pushed towards a niche within a niche and things that like only work if there is a steady flow of interest… which lets be for real, for this site, there isn’t. I’ve kind of lingered around this site for a while now, I would call myself a ‘casual’ personally. I wasn’t going to buy senatorship anyway because I’m grown and have more important things to purchase, but after digging into the forums for a little while it definitely turned me off, and I doubt random people who stumble across the site without looking at the forums would be necessarily inclined as well. Just my opinion though.

31.03.2024 02:37:30
Pollyx
Level 126
Antitheocra
31.03.2024 03:49:05
Pollyx

you're right about much of this, but it bears mentioning that senatorship is not appealing even to many long-term and experienced players and the largely volunteer staff have done their (our) best to express this to the site owner, who is the only one capable of setting in motion many of these changes. if you haven't read Cherri and Iowa's resignation letters, I would encourage you to do so as it helps shed some light on the current situation.  many, many, many passionate people have tried to explain to Chris / SweetasNuts what he can do to improve Senatorship, including myself, in some extremely extensive detail in several threads! there are many measured that would improve the appeal greatly for both new and old players.

however, the site owner is largely not interested in making these changes, having a much bigger focus on doing what he wants with the site and stirring up drama and encouraging trolling. it's an unfortunate state of events for a site run almost entirely by volunteer labor. PB gets paid, but it does not make up for what they spend. SMs have to pay for senatorship and diamonds to run contests, so we pay for tbe privilege. shop workers and designers are not paid in real money, only diamonds every so often, and that doesn't come with any kind of specific agreement of schedule. fashion police and MoJ and MoFA are only paid if the PB decides to split their meagre earnings with them (cherri is going to do so with the earnings from her partial term). these are the people who do the vast, VAST majority of the work for the site and make in most cases absolutely nothing for it. we do it for passion and not for ANY sort of profit as again, we don't receive any, but it's all made more difficult by the troublesome and often extremely inappropriate and sometimes abusive behaviors of others, from trolls to the site owner.

obviously, you're right, the site isn't profitable. it's not something that could grow. senatorship is simply not appealing in its features, not even to mention the many broken features of the site. but there's only one single person with the ability to do anything about that and he's just not interested. we've given him not just ideas but entire game plans for change, but he'd rather put players on trial for bad fashion, support the abusive and illegal behavior of site trolls, and try to exile the MoJ for calling out his behavior. you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

edit: here is a public thread (there were others in the PH office section i no longer have access to, as he removed SMs) where you can see me and many others suggest extremely extensive ideas for how to improve senatorship. that was early february. he has not added any of this and believes it is the fault of volunteer staff that there are not more senators https://ximbo.land/forum/introduction-from-the-presidents-secretary-personal-and-legal/t14245?page=1

31.03.2024 03:49:05
♥ Join The Church of Xod, an all-state fashion & creative contest where you create a (fake)bimbo god! Be inventive, do some worldbuilding, have fun! Open until May 10th, extra prizes for Antitheocrans ♥
Here is my well-sourced educational forum post about Israel's apartheid and genocide of Palestinians in Gaza and across Palestine as a whole, please educate yourself or you may fall for propaganda! 

EnthusiasticNaps
Level 121
Sex Appeal: 1399601
Reasonopia
31.03.2024 04:54:56
EnthusiasticNaps

I have to say seeing the things I was accused of, didn't do, and was banned for 2 years (along with the rest of the cowboy gang though I can't say for sure if any of them had alts or not I don't know) happening rampantly directly in the forums is very crazy. It was fun being back in February are the current SMs are so nice and the contests have been so fun. Hopefully it'll eventually go back to somewhere mostly fun to be at....some point...

31.03.2024 04:54:56

Pollyx
Level 126
Antitheocra
31.03.2024 05:10:07
Pollyx

nvm y'all katieboutique is running for SM in reasonopia as well, she switched her state back LOL so yes she is running for SM in three states at once.... a bold move

31.03.2024 05:10:07

EnthusiasticNaps
Level 121
Sex Appeal: 1399601
Reasonopia
31.03.2024 05:14:12
EnthusiasticNaps

I usually love a girlboss with a plan but this is not very furbalicious :/ 

31.03.2024 05:14:12

SugrRush
Level 45
Sex Appeal: 68766
Antitheocra
31.03.2024 15:59:36
SugrRush

The vibe I'm getting is users are trying to fix shit and the site owner is running around with a hammer undoing it. Is that accurate or am I way off? I've only just tuned in with the thread started to cause fights.

31.03.2024 15:59:36
Honey Beee
Level 212
Sex Appeal: 7601535
Secville
31.03.2024 17:48:01
Honey Beee

Remember to turn on your grails to vote for senators today! Make sure to turn them on before 12 AM XL time !!

31.03.2024 17:48:01

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...