Cum_Dumpster
mizzery
Level 30
Sex Appeal: 21592
Atheista
07.08.2020 09:33:43
mizzery

ok I love food discussion and I especially love food CONTROVERSY
Let me preface by saying that I give everything a chance. And if I don't like something, I wait a while and give it another chance. And another chance. Palettes and taste for food changes over time, and some things I loved as a child make me gag now. Case in point:

PLAIN Spaghetti with PLAIN tomato sauce? I can't do it. I need a few more ingredients to make this palatable. I need herbs, parmesan, vegetables or meat, something. I had this meal soooo many times growing up and for some reason the smell and texture is so off-putting to me now! I would rather cook angel hair or fettuccini than spaghetti. I'm not happy about this but hopefully I will change my mind before I'm dead. I have nothing against spaghetti and I wish it well

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... I have had it too many times and I need at least 2 more decades of recovery before I can enjoy it again. The flavor profile just doesn't appeal to me at all. A coworker offered me and PB&J flavored granola bar thing and I felt bad because I had to say thanks, but no. The smell instantly made my appetite disappear. Also not happy about this one, I ate it so much as a child and I especially loved the way my grandma would prepare it toasted in a cast iron skillet. I will give it another chance some day.

James River Oysters  Buy Raw Oysters  Order Oysters Online

Really not a fan of most seafood (except for salmon and some white fish), but raw oysters are especially bad in my opinion. Their popularity is kind of baffling to me. I know plenty of chefs and friends who love them, and I just can't do it!! If we go out for oysters by the beach, I'll order some french fries from the bar and watch you eat all the oysters. I've tried them SO many times, and I can't see the appeal. The popularity is what makes me keep trying them-- all these people love them, surely I must have just been missing something last time, right?? No... They're slimy, salty, squishy, and you need tons of lemon juice and condiments to make them palatable. And if I'm not mistaken, you're supposed to throw your head back and just swallow them whole, no chewing, no savoring of any flavors. So WTF??? They're a pain in the ass to clean and prepare, they're awkward to eat, and they're expensive. And the commercial fishing industry is ruining the ocean. I never buy seafood because it makes me sad. Sorry but please leave the oysters and everything else in the ocean alone.

Why This Little Pickle Stand Is a Symbol of Big Innovation

Huge, fat pickled cucumbers. NO
Super tiny pickles are cute and good. I also like pickled ginger, pickled carrot, and pickled red onion. So I'm not opposed to pickling. I understand that people like pickled cucumbers because they're supposed to be refreshing when they're cold, but you can get that from a raw cucumber too. Or literally anything else that has been chilled. What I don't understand is how anyone is supposed to take a bite out of a fat slimy thing that tastes like straight-up vinegar. The acidity is SO overpowering. You would have to pay me to eat one of these. When I have slices of pickle on a sandwich or a burger or something, I usually give it a chance for the first few bites, and then I end up picking them off and putting them aside. They are obnoxious and frankly they offend me.

Salt and vinegar chips are just not what I'm looking in a chip at the moment but who knows maybe I'll go through a midlife crisis and I'll start liking them. I am a potato chip enthusiast and I always go for it when I see a bowl of them sitting out, but salt and vinegar is a very unpleasant surprise for me every time!! I'm trying to pinpoint exactly what it is about this flavor that I don't like-- I think a lot of companies here in the US use malic acid to give the chips the acidity, and it just hurts me LOL. I'm personally more of a citric acid kind of girl. I don't hold a hatred for this chip flavor but I would prefer to keep some distance between us

Why is mayonnaise white Stephen King wants to know

Others have already mentioned Mayonnaise. I appreciate an emulsion, like hollandaise sauce. Emulsions made by hand take time to prepare and they are amazing when they're done right. I also love a flavored aioli. So the concept of whipping an egg with some fat isn't what grosses me out. The problem with mayonnaise out of a jar is that it's NOTHING like a fresh emulsion, which is what it is supposed to be mimicking. It's so much thicker and denser, and it completely lacks any flavor or personality. It's like staring directly into a void. I can tolerate mayo if it is HEAVILY spiced, seasoned and has had a makeover. It needs to be basically unrecognizable for me to even consider eating it. If I'm making a sandwich, I would sooner use avocado or hummus than mayo. I feel appalled when people say they love mayo, because it just isn't something that could ever happen for me. I grew up spending time with relatives from the Mid-West of the United States during holidays, and I have experienced some traumatizing meals involving mayo. Some people seem to consider this condiment a food group of it's own. I've eaten salad dressed with mayo, thinking it was some kind of dressing or cheese. I was wrong, but I finished it to be polite. I forgive them, but I can't get past the psychological effects this has had on me. I am very anti-mayonnaise.

Marinated Olives With Oregano and Oranges - She Loves Biscotti

Olives.... I can handle them finely minced, in the background of a dish. Like in a salad, a top of bread or on a pizza. My boyfriend makes a pretty good pasta salad with chopped olives, red onion, artichoke, tomato and feta cheese, and I quite enjoy the olives in this context. On their own? As a snack? I have Greek cousins who would put them on their fingers and eat them one by one at room temperature, out of a can. I'm gagging as I type this, omg. I can't with the olives!!! I really try to give them space and opportunity to wow me and bring me to the other side because they are so iconic and loved world-wide, but they are so overpowering. When they're used sparingly in a recipe, they can compliment other ingredients and balance a dish very well, but I could never sit there and eat a jar of olives. They literally just taste like vinegar to me, every time I eat one I'm like. Vinegar. I taste vinegar. My mouth is full of vinegar. Am I supposed to taste something else? Maybe I'll change my mind some day.

Tofu - Wikiwand

I rub shoulders with vegans, and I try tofu a lot. I give it lots of chances, time and time again, because I like to try new things. The problem is, it makes me fart, like, a lot. I can't handle it. Sorry, TMI, my body hates it. It's super bland but it lends itself to a lot of different cuisines, it can be manipulated in so many ways and it can be delicious. I like eating it fried with a bit of dipping sauce, especially if it's firm tofu. When I was a teenager, I used to make protein shakes with super soft tofu and berries. I just included it here because it is a least favorite due to flatulence. Some people are lactose intolerant, I guess I'm soy intolerant. Kind of a bummer honestly!

Red Delicious Apples Information Recipes and Facts

Honorary fruit mention: "Red Delicious" apples suck. "Red Disappointing" would be a better name. Grainy texture, super flaccid and soft, no crunch, bitter skin, no sweetness or acidity to speak of. Literally flavorless. "Delicious" is the most misleading and dishonest descriptor for this apple. I hate these and I hate the agriculture industry that created these monstrosities. Literally any other apple is better!!!!

Last but not least, Taco Bell. I have never eaten Taco Bell and NOT gotten sick. I mean vomiting sick. The food from Taco Bell has the lowest vibrations of any fast food chain I've tried. Devils dance in their kitchens. I can taste the hate and misery of the workers in the food. Even when I was a stoner, I would rather go to Jack in the Box if I wanted fast food at 3 am. It's worth mentioning that Jack in the Box actually killed a few kids in 1993 with E. coli, so there it is. I have friends who try to argue with me on this one, but I also live in an area that has amazing authentic taco trucks open late, so why the hell would anyone eat this???? It is just god awful

07.08.2020 09:33:43

honorscollege
Level 104
Sex Appeal: 885828
Reasonopia
07.08.2020 13:54:21
honorscollege

^^I can't STAND a nakedly effortless meal like spaghetti and tomato sauce. I literally taught myself how to cook over quarantine because I couldn't stand to abide by the same spaghetti-and-ramen diet my sisters were used to.

Red Delicious apples are awful. My mom always got them so I just thought apples were bad. I was so surprised the first time I had one of the good apples.

07.08.2020 13:54:21
She/her pronouns. 25 years old. Semi-inactive.
princessaphrodite
Level 53
Sex Appeal: 115257
Antitheocra
07.08.2020 15:18:10
princessaphrodite

avocados, cottage cheese and orange juice

07.08.2020 15:18:10
she/her

Inactive sorry
Big Boy JENKINS
Level 29
Sex Appeal: 19289
Atheista
07.08.2020 15:28:26
Big Boy JENKINS

mizzery wrote:
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... I have had it too many times and I need at least 2 more decades of recovery before I can enjoy it again. The flavor profile just doesn't appeal to me at all. A coworker offered me and PB&J flavored granola bar thing and I felt bad because I had to say thanks, but no. The smell instantly made my appetite disappear. Also not happy about this one, I ate it so much as a child and I especially loved the way my grandma would prepare it toasted in a cast iron skillet. I will give it another chance some day.
[...]
Huge, fat pickled cucumbers. NO
Super tiny pickles are cute and good. I also like pickled ginger, pickled carrot, and pickled red onion. So I'm not opposed to pickling. I understand that people like pickled cucumbers because they're supposed to be refreshing when they're cold, but you can get that from a raw cucumber too. Or literally anything else that has been chilled. What I don't understand is how anyone is supposed to take a bite out of a fat slimy thing that tastes like straight-up vinegar. The acidity is SO overpowering. You would have to pay me to eat one of these. When I have slices of pickle on a sandwich or a burger or something, I usually give it a chance for the first few bites, and then I end up picking them off and putting them aside. They are obnoxious and frankly they offend me.
Would it perturb you to kjnow that my favoriete food of all time is peanut butter and pickle sandwiches

07.08.2020 15:28:26
aarrghghgh jkshdjkahdkjad eiopwppeoe wqoqwe beep boop ebbbeeeeeeppp aa aaaa aa wwowooooooooooo bbbrha bhabab hbhaba (this is dial up sounds)
Xxc0ckb4llt0rtur3xX
Level 35
Sex Appeal: 33063
Atheista
07.08.2020 17:06:22
Xxc0ckb4llt0rtur3xX

chilli and sloppy joes...... chilli is ok SOMETIMES but the texture oh no.... its the kind of food where if i have to eat a bit because I'm at someone's house i will but if i have to eat a ton of it my gag reflex will be making an appearance whether i want it to or not. sloppy joes on the other hand, hard no. if i wanted to a) eat something that looks and smells like vomit and b) get it literally everywhere in the process, id just try carnival spaghetti again. 

07.08.2020 17:06:22

mizzery
Level 30
Atheista
07.08.2020 19:34:17
mizzery

Big Boy JENKINS wrote:
Would it perturb you to kjnow that my favoriete food of all time is peanut butter and pickle sandwiches

Perturb, no-- I'm impressed at your bravery. I've heard of this flavor combo before!! What do you like about it? Are your pickles super thin slices, or are you doing fat slices? Is the PB crunchy or smooth, or does that not matter to you? I'm interested in hearing more! It's like watching a horror movie lol

07.08.2020 19:34:17

Big Boy JENKINS
Level 29
Sex Appeal: 19289
Atheista
08.08.2020 00:13:12
Big Boy JENKINS

mizzery wrote:
Big Boy JENKINS wrote:

Perturb, no-- I'm impressed at your bravery. I've heard of this flavor combo before!! What do you like about it? Are your pickles super thin slices, or are you doing fat slices? Is the PB crunchy or smooth, or does that not matter to you? I'm interested in hearing more! It's like watching a horror movie lol
Thank U for your kind words. So basickly,the idea is the same as peanut butter jelly where it's a combo of "dry+wet", except instead of nutty and sweet its nutty and salty/sour/savory/whatever a pickle is.  I;m in the same boayt as you I think where I ate peanut butter and jelly and/or jam 1 too many times as a kid so now it makes me want to flush my braines out so i needed something new and lo an d behold i found my answer when i w as 12 inside of a muppets fanfiction. You want to have enough peanutbutter that it isnt soggy but not too much or else you get hit with infinity peanut butter hell and its not fun.  I usually put a thin layer of peanut butter on both breads which usually gets the ratio I want.  The thickness of the pickles varies cause I usually slice them myself from dil pickle spears but I prefer thick slices because it has a better ratio and also I just like it.  Sour/dill pickles work best I dont recommend sweet pickles  cause that's weird.  Like you could I've done it before but its not as fun.  Most of my sandwich creatiosn are horror moveis but this is the one that I think is the most palatable to people who dont have problems in their head. So maybe you could try it or not it is all up to fate. Hope this helps :]

08.08.2020 00:13:12
aarrghghgh jkshdjkahdkjad eiopwppeoe wqoqwe beep boop ebbbeeeeeeppp aa aaaa aa wwowooooooooooo bbbrha bhabab hbhaba (this is dial up sounds)
mizzery
Level 30
Atheista
08.08.2020 07:44:32
mizzery

Big Boy JENKINS wrote:
Thank U for your kind words. So basickly,the idea is the same as peanut butter jelly where it's a combo of "dry+wet", except instead of nutty and sweet its nutty and salty/sour/savory/whatever a pickle is.  I;m in the same boayt as you I think where I ate peanut butter and jelly and/or jam 1 too many times as a kid so now it makes me want to flush my braines out so i needed something new and lo an d behold i found my answer when i w as 12 inside of a muppets fanfiction. You want to have enough peanutbutter that it isnt soggy but not too much or else you get hit with infinity peanut butter hell and its not fun.  I usually put a thin layer of peanut butter on both breads which usually gets the ratio I want.  The thickness of the pickles varies cause I usually slice them myself from dil pickle spears but I prefer thick slices because it has a better ratio and also I just like it.  Sour/dill pickles work best I dont recommend sweet pickles  cause that's weird.  Like you could I've done it before but its not as fun.  Most of my sandwich creatiosn are horror moveis but this is the one that I think is the most palatable to people who dont have problems in their head. So maybe you could try it or not it is all up to fate. Hope this helps :]

This took me on a journey....... wow. A recipe inspired by muppets fan fiction?? At age 12???? That could be its own book section. I would buy whatever cook book you put out tbh maybe u should consider that as a career option 
And for the record, you explained the appeal perfectly-- the salty/briny/nutty combination actually sounds pretty appetizing! And you do see that flavor combination around, so it really isn't strange. Peanut based curry with vegetables comes to mind for me. Also peanut dipping sauce for spring rolls. If you put diced pickles in a spring roll and dipped it in peanut sauce, it would be so similar... but I would be more willing to try it. Weird! Also I would try a bite of your sandwich just to see how gross/amazing it is! I'm in it for the thrill <3

08.08.2020 07:44:32

Origin
Level 33
Sex Appeal: 26985
Reasonopia
08.08.2020 12:37:31
Origin

i cannot stand rice crispy treats something about the smell of melted marshmallow makes me Very nauseous. the cereal by itself is fine though, for some reason.

08.08.2020 12:37:31

torrenoia
Level 70
Sex Appeal: 268939
Atheista
08.08.2020 13:27:47
torrenoia

i have texture issues with many vegetables, more specifically crunchier ones. just putting one in my mouth and feeling it makes me feel like throwing up i hate it

it's a struggle cause I've been wanting to eat healthier but i cannot eat these vegetables :(

08.08.2020 13:27:47
they/them | (in a thick new yorker accent) ey im meowin ova here!!

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...