Author
Rocco
Rocco
Level 8
Sex Appeal: 439
Reasonopia
11.01.2016 03:26:48
Rocco

So I want to start off by saying I am a very clean person. I don't leave food out I probably use clorox and clorox wipes too much. 
Anyways. So today I've been home alone all day while my boyfriend is at work. I'm in the living room and I hear a weird noise in the kitchen and my dog starts growling and I ignore it. Then I keep hearing this little chirping sound. I figure its a bird stuck in the walls somewhere or something. I keep hearing it and it really bothers me and I go into the kitchen and it gets louder. Hours later I realize the sound is coming from behind my fridge. I listen and I hear a little chewing sound like when a rabbit eats food.... I grab my flash light and look behind the fridge and there is a sticky trap with TWO mice!! I thought they were both dead but come to find out one is alive and one is dead. I have been freaking out waiting for my boyfriend to get home. 

I have only lived here a month. Even if I was a dirty person that isn't enough time to get a mouse problem! And there was already a sticky trap back there so obviously the management knew about this problem. These guys are tiny like 3 inches long including their tale. Im so scared more are going to get in! I moved from a not so nice place to this place which is really nice and in a good area!! I called my mom and she told me one of my neighbors is probably dirty :/ Anyways I cant afford to break my lease and pay a new deposit somewhere else all over again. All I know is they say when you see one there are a hundred more, and I see two right now... I feel so gross :( I'm going to the front office tomorrow to tell them. Sorry guys I just had to vent!!! Have any of you had this problem? Any advice you could give me?

11.01.2016 03:26:48
The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all.

In Reason we Trust ~Reasonopia Pride~
Remi
Level 8
Sex Appeal: 1624
Secville
11.01.2016 03:42:42
Remi

If you can, check your place for /any/ way a mouse could get in. At least for the time being anyway. Talk to the management, if they didn't tell you about the mouse problem when moving in (which they have to) you could use that to your advantage. You need to check you lease agreement!

Do you live near a field or anything?

11.01.2016 03:42:42
Secville's renowned Designer!
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695458
Freethinkerland
11.01.2016 03:55:19
HeavenLeighBimbo

As I do live in the wilderness, I had to get used to seeing mice, twice a year.  You must kill them quickly before a breeding cycle can be completed or you can have a very big problem.  Mice can have 11 babies in just a matter of a few weeks. In a clean house, half of those babies will be eaten while the mother nurses the other babies, so you have a month at best to kill the infestation.  A dirty house has all 11 babies in a month plus a mother ready to bread again.  Sticky traps are very cruel.  A mouse can live in one for days.  Using a traditional snapping trap is very quick and humane. It's a sad fact of life, that even a spotless house will get a mouse in it and it must die.

I have lived in flats, and dirty neighbors is a very difficult problem, because generally there is nothing you can do about it at all.  Filing complaints just ends up making bad feelings, and that leads to worse problems later.  Legally you could maybe get out of a lease but might still cost the same in legal fees, and you would be still needing a new place to go.  Almost everyplace has some hidden mice somewhere.  You may have to get used to the traps too.   I can give you some pointers, for quick kills.

For me, it's like all out war, on mice.
  Find the places where pipes or openings, share a wall with the dirty neighbors. Put traps right next to the wall bate side closest to the opening.  So that the snapping part goes towards the opening.  Put one on both sides.  Mice always stick to the sides of walls.  even the smallest gap will let the mouse get past the trap.  Glue traps will work to, with a really smart mouse.  Yes, I have lost some battles just like in the cartoon Tom and Jerry.  Place four in a square.  Place a piece of cheese or sunflower seeds, in the center.  Be very careful to not let the cheese or nuts touch a trap. The oil in the bait will cause the trap to release the mouse.  Oil is the secret tip on how to release a pet or child that may get trapped in one.

Mice are fascinating creatures.  They can flatten their skeleton to fit in places much smaller than they would seem to fit, like under closed doors and such.  One crawled out of the opening of the windshield wipers of my car, after I parked at a grocery store.  Weirdest sighting ever.
 I've seen them in the trucks and farm equipment all the time too, and I can't imagine why they would go there.  Lots of grain. It gets into everything.

11.01.2016 03:55:19
Image result for winter wonderland banner
Rocco
Level 8
Reasonopia
11.01.2016 04:35:35
Rocco

Thank you guys Remi there actually is a field behind my apartments so that may be where they are coming from. Hopefully they are just coming in because its extra cold right now and not because some around us is dirty :/

11.01.2016 04:35:35

Lilliandra
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4534
Freethinkerland
11.01.2016 04:44:17
Lilliandra

* any gaps in the wall, around pipes/vents/etc... stuff some steel wool. It makes it harder for them to get through.

* Mice also don't like peppermint so if you put a few drops in the steel wool it helps deter them, plus it smells awesome!!

* tell your land lord, they have to do something. If they don't take it to the renters agency in your area. Here its called the rentalsman. They enforce the rules between tenant and landlord. If there's a pest problem, it is the landlords responsibility to deal with it. If the landlord doesn't deal with the issue, you may have an exit clause from your lease

* Mice will avoid their natural predators... do you have a cat? can you have a pet? perhaps you can borrow a cat from a friend for a few days. Kitty will help limit your problem and deter other mice from coming in. Though you may have to deal with some dead mouse bodies, at least they'll be dead ;)

* and heavenleigh is right, good ol conventional traps that snap the neck probably are the most humane. Provided they are set correctly ;)

11.01.2016 04:44:17
Energy goes where attention flows... we all create our own reality with our thoughts and focus
Lilliandra
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4534
Freethinkerland
11.01.2016 04:46:28
Lilliandra

* you might also want to consider packing any dry goods into jars or Tupperware containers too. (Instead of boxes and what not). Rodents/bugs/pests are going to go where they can find food and water easy! A cardboard box isn't going to stop them but a glass jar is tricky to nibble through ;)

11.01.2016 04:46:28
Energy goes where attention flows... we all create our own reality with our thoughts and focus
Rocco
Level 8
Reasonopia
11.01.2016 04:54:20
Rocco

Thank you so much guys! There was already the steel wool stuffed into the whole they came in through but these guys are so tiny they still squeezed through. And I have a large dog and a cat! The cat is useless -.- She had no interest in the mouse. 

11.01.2016 04:54:20

Celina Bangs
Level 1
Sex Appeal: 5364
Reasonopia
11.01.2016 11:30:05
Celina Bangs

I've had a small mouse problem for the last couple of months as it's been getting colder. My house is right up against the woods and I found out there was a small panel in the back of plywood that had rotted out and they were coming in pretty freely. Fortunately I only know of the one, but I was alerted to it when I noticed a bad smell in the basement, apparently it had died in the walls there. I put traps out and got the hole fixed but during my research I also found they have these electronic things you can plug in to a wall outlet that emit ultrasonic (I think) emissions that the mice really hate. They are supposed to be harmless to pets and children because it's even higher frequency than they can hear. 

11.01.2016 11:30:05
"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried."
-Mae West

In Reason we trust *REASONOPIA PRIDE*
Telaphone
Level 73
Sex Appeal: 310695
Agnostica
11.01.2016 12:54:44
Telaphone

I've had rats before. No sticky traps for me, big rat traps. When you know it's set and there is a rat about you'll get anxious. Anxious for that SNAP. And so it happened. Came out in the morning had to put a glove on and put it in a bag. I tried not to look at it because kinda gross looking at a dead rat in it's eyes.

Sorry rat. :-(

I guess a tip I could give you is to put steel wool around holes and maybe around holes where pipes are. When mice get their nose in it it gets cut up and they don't like it.

11.01.2016 12:54:44
BambiDoll
Level 19
Sex Appeal: 5574
Atheista
11.01.2016 13:56:54
BambiDoll

The area I live in is quite rural. We have mice in a field behind my house, but it's new build so there's not really any way I can see those little guys getting in. I would recommend adopting a cat, which I think is a fairly humane way of dealing with mice - It's the circle of life, right?

11.01.2016 13:56:54

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...