Annoyed with some Debates

Created
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695448
Freethinkerland
19.11.2015 09:42:58
HeavenLeighBimbo

Your thread gave me an idea.  We need to give a voice to create opinions in the players.  Haven't you ever written something and instantly wanted to copy and paste it into something like a signature or a debate profile subject?
I have made topics for all the topics.  Now it is up to the players to chat about those subjects, and participate, with shared experiences.  I sort of think it is the natural mix of the debate feature of the game and the forum and how they should be used together in this new game we are making.
Thanks for the help  Everyone. :)
Now remember you have to help make those threads into something debatable..   haha :/

19.11.2015 09:42:58
Image result for winter wonderland banner
Floydthatcrazylass
Level 10
Sex Appeal: 769
Agnostica
19.11.2015 10:33:44
Floydthatcrazylass

This is a nifty idea. I like it. Just need to somehow encourage the current oppinionless bimbos to take interest in said threads.

19.11.2015 10:33:44
HAS LEFT THE SITE!
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695448
Freethinkerland
19.11.2015 11:12:46
HeavenLeighBimbo

Floydthatcrazylass
Floydthatcrazylass Wrote:
This is a nifty idea. I like it. Just need to somehow encourage the current oppinionless bimbos to take interest in said threads.

Players do read the forum, but don't post. Opinionated bimbo's will be needed to grow the threads.  Once they have a decent post count they will do fine.  I'm currently thinking about an official announcement/ Lesson about the debates.  With the new weekly top ten there is already more competition then ever before, so I believe the players will respond to a well worded announcement.
 So I hope everyone who has posted here will show some support for the debate topics too.  We can debate about it's success in a month.

I've actually thought of some very good debate strategy for the game.  First, I am trying to get the limit of 3 removed for the amount of debates you can vote for in a day.  The rule is ruining the best part of the 'playable' game.  Second, the limit of 'sent' debates needs to be raised. ( to what number ?)
  I'm leaning towards a system of two votes = one 'sent' challenge. Plus your automatic 3 debates you get for free.

The feedback I get will be what I send to tech. unfortunately something like this would take some time to do.
What I can do NOW and everyone else;  is too change up your debate profiles from time to time. Using the new topic threads will actually make it easy to win debates if you keep it fresh and edgy then copy and paste.

19.11.2015 11:12:46
Image result for winter wonderland banner
LG_stephy
Level 9
Sex Appeal: 585
Freethinkerland
26.11.2015 05:54:02
LG_stephy

I actually had an idea to make debates more like... Well, debates. And, right now, this seems to be the most appropriate place to put it.
I apologize if this idea has already been brought to light and I've managed to miss it.

Regardless, I believe that the ability to create counters within the debates in a forum-like manner with your opponent would create a bit more depth.
In this way, our current "debate" sections within our profiles would act more like opening statements and then an actual discussion could ensue.
Whether or not this could be implemented, I thought it was worth bringing up.

26.11.2015 05:54:02
Your apple core is weak.
Floydthatcrazylass
Level 10
Agnostica
26.11.2015 11:58:21
Floydthatcrazylass

This is something that with a bit of alteration should be a possibility. Being able to post a rubbutal would make these real debates rather than a vote between two oppinions on a sigular subject. I would like to see the whole debate subject expanded and for debating to be a slightly bigger part of the site. Also I've noticed in some debates that opinionless bimbos (it's rare but it happens) are winning debates aginst those bimbos who have written an oppinion. Is this because no one agrees with that opnion and they'd rather vote for no opnion or is the debate section being used as a fashion duel in these cases. If this is the case then we really do need to re-enstate the fashion duels to stop this from happening. A bimbo's oppinion should not be over looked for how they have chosen to dress (in some case they can't afford the best outfits yet). It's not exactly fair is it?

26.11.2015 11:58:21
HAS LEFT THE SITE!
LG_stephy
Level 9
Freethinkerland
26.11.2015 21:22:50
LG_stephy

Truth be told, if the debate challenge is issued by the opposing party, I usually vote for the opinionless bimbo myself. Right now, the debates are the most playable part of Bimbolands and I often get a little bit annoyed when people with really solid stances challenge people which should stand no chance to win. It seems like an easy way to rack up points for the leaderboards and achievements. I always try to go out of my way to find people with stances I like or that already have a high rank to challenge and I feel as though you should never start a debate that realistically gives you no chance of losing.

What I really wish is that bimbos with blank debate sections would be omitted from the debates altogether. If you don't have anything to say, you shouldn't be there. But, maybe I just take this too seriously. I have a tendency to do that XD

Anything that makes debates here more engaging is worth looking at. Seeing the viewpoints of other members on various topics is my favorite thing about this place. Having a greater variety of debate topics would also be nice. All in good time, I hope.

26.11.2015 21:22:50
Your apple core is weak.
Floydthatcrazylass
Level 10
Agnostica
27.11.2015 09:59:42
Floydthatcrazylass

Yes I've said this before. The opinionless bimbos should not be included in the debates until they have written something. It fair to all involved that way. I know some bimbos have been challenging opinionless bimbos because they know they are just that, but like was previously mentioned it's impossible to know if a bimbo has an opinion or not until they are challenged. I don't like to keep debating the same bimbos who I know have written something for the debates because the experience becomes stale. I thought that a bimbo with maybe something to say on their profile page or a bimbo that had put a bit more thought into their outfit would have filled out the debate sections too. However I soon learned this wasn't the case. It's so hard to know who has an opinion and who doesn't until you've entered into the debate. I know HLB made the separate discussion threads for the debate topics, in order to help prompt and encourage opinionless bimbos to get an opinion, which was a great idea and I've loved sharing my opinions on each subject (I'm sure you all know, I never shut up) as well as reading everyone else’s. But I still hold to the suggestion that keeping bimbos who haven't written anything for the debates yet out of the running until they have written something. Otherwise I doubt this issue will be resolved.

Also LG_Stephy you are right in saying that bimbo's want to rack up the points. This is technically what the game is about, getting the most points in all areas. I admit that with the way some elements are set up right now it is a flawed system. This is a problem you encounter on all point achieving sites and forums. Yet even knowing that certain debates are unfairly chosen I do still vote for the opinionated bimbo because that is the point of the game. I often hope that perhaps losing a number of times will prompt opinionless bimbos to try and write something for the debate, give them incentive if you will.

27.11.2015 09:59:42
HAS LEFT THE SITE!
LG_stephy
Level 9
Freethinkerland
27.11.2015 14:42:36
LG_stephy

I try not to challenge the same bimbo on the same topic twice if I can help it and I pick from people already engaging frequently in the debates section.If people don't actively debate, I assume that it's because they don't care to. Though, I also haven't been here for very long yet so I haven't had the opportunity to let things go stale. Once that happens, I suppose I'll probably be in the same boat.

The game is about trying to get points. That leaderboard cash sounds really nice, especially considering how difficult it is to make any money here right now... But, I want to know that, if I win one of the top five spots, I've earned it.

The system is extremely flawed right now but I do love the direction the game is going in. Even given the underdeveloped status of this little game, it's already more fun in many ways than Miss Bimbo ever was. I'll be curious to see what the game is like a year from now. In five or ten years, the experience will probably be almost unrecognizable from what we have today. From what I understand, even hairstyles weren't around to begin with, though I might have misinterpreted what was said.

There's one other thing that I keep forgetting to mention. A timer of some sort counting down to getting our debate/votes back and a place showing how many debate/vote points we have at any one time would be awesome. I often go to debate people or vote, only to find that I can't. It's kind of a pain.

Oh... and by the way, please never shut up.
This place wouldn't be the same if you did.

27.11.2015 14:42:36
Your apple core is weak.
chrystal calore
Level 17
Sex Appeal: 3867
Freethinkerland
27.11.2015 17:17:18
chrystal calore

This is actually so true.

27.11.2015 17:17:18
SuperGlamorousGirl!!
Level 41
Sex Appeal: 54319
Reasonopia
27.11.2015 17:50:27
SuperGlamorousGirl!!

Recently I recieved a message saying "You already voted in 9 debates in 24 hours" have any of you get that too? It seems something changed.. Maybe that's why debates are finished faster now!

27.11.2015 17:50:27
In Reason we trust *REASONOPIA PRIDE*

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...