Created
kITTYStARZ921986
Level 55
Sex Appeal: 133827
Atheista
11.04.2017 00:44:49
kITTYStARZ921986

Hi friends. 
Been listening to all of my favorite songs from the late 90's early 00's (that's when i was a teen girl) and one of my favorite bands the SPICE GIRLS came on!!!
One of the songs I loved most was "Who do you think you are?" 

So, then i was thinking and wondering ...who did you think you are? or were when you were a teen? were/are you kind of bookish, sporty, scary? What word(or words) best describes you? how do you perceive YOURSELF?
love,
Kitty

11.04.2017 00:44:49
Mindy
Level 104
Sex Appeal: 880424
Agnostica
11.04.2017 03:17:53
Mindy

I am an enigma centered candy to many.  Many get preconceived notions of me based based on my general appearance, but when they get to know me they quickly realize that there is a lot more to my puzzle that the thought at a glance.  

When I was  teen I was definitely bookish.  My entire teenage life was spent learning business and fostering my own, and I missed out on a lot of typical things people experience at that age.  I never got a Prom, I never got a school dance, I never got the the weekend parties, I never got the big circle of high school friends.  As I got older my confidence in my judgment became stronger and I started to build important people around me and learn to both trust them and nurture their creativity.  I went from bookish to a social butterfly and while my aggressive but very fair outlook on the business world is significant I have realized that I have no interest in doing business with someone I couldn't call a friend on some level.

Now, I am a workaholic who thrives on friendships.  I am a savage business woman who only desires to enable good people to grow.  I am fanatical of how I delve out my time so I can focus on projects, but will drop it all and give a friend my world when they need it.  I will destroy a business if you deserve it and ask for it, but do everything I can to help nurture it if we have similar philosophies.  I put everything I have into my work not for me but for the others involved and just to make a positive environment for people to excel in, I will sacrifice a lot of myself to do that, but I will never sacrifice time for something that is important to a friend.  I will displace someone's employment in a heartbeat if they are not a fit, but strive to push them somewhere else (for me or another employer) if they try and they care.  I don't put shareholders first, I put people first, and everything else follows.

11.04.2017 03:17:53
Make your parents proud, your enemies jealous, and yourself happy.  The only thing that can prevent you is you! 

Hugz to my BL: stalker...you know who you are.  Lil creepy, but thanks for the pedestal. 
kITTYStARZ921986
Level 55
Atheista
11.04.2017 18:18:08
kITTYStARZ921986

You sound like a good friend to have. Very loyal, and caring, but also a strong, tough woman certainly not to be trifled with. ;-)

11.04.2017 18:18:08
c.j. tsang
Level 36
Sex Appeal: 36775
Atheista
11.04.2017 22:53:20
c.j. tsang

i am me....

11.04.2017 22:53:20

HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695433
Freethinkerland
12.04.2017 02:26:17
HeavenLeighBimbo

I struggle with this question, because I never know what adversity or challenge I'm going to face everyday.
Adaptable I think would be the best descriptive word for Who I Am.
    I like being trained to, 'think outside of the box'.
   I had a situation where I needed to move a massive load, and used a technique that the ancient Moai people used to "Walk" huge statues into place,  using 3 point's of attachment.
      The maneuver was done using much more modern in equipment, but the principle's were the same, and the previous people who tackled the problem didn't think about just turning the entire object around a pivot point and repeating it in opposite direction's, to the desired location. Once the cables were properly placed and tightened, I moved a massive amount of weight forward about 1 foot,  with one finger.   [and repeat til in place].
    Simple right?     Using snatch-blocks in 'rigging' can be an art form and apply massive force beyond the rating of the cable's themselves.
                              Nah,,I just watched a documentary, and had an idea how it might apply to my current situation.
  The Job really wasn't anything special in my mind,  except the chance to actually use a very old demonstrated principle and knowledge for myself.
Gravity can be your friend when harnessed to do the work for you instead of fighting it. A common approach is shear 'man power', and that might work too in the course of months, but it is cost effective?  ....  One well placed cable can do the work of 20 men in just minute's.

12.04.2017 02:26:17
Image result for winter wonderland banner
maniatica
Level 22
Sex Appeal: 7996
Atheista
12.04.2017 05:45:17
maniatica

Mindy wrote:

When I was  teen [...] I missed out on a lot of typical things people experience at that age.
I know that feeling.
but for a different reason.
as a teen i was a punk, had much older friends (when i was 15 my boyfriend was 10 years older than me, today i think at that age that is ...  not okay), drinks and drugs. ... i had a lot of fun (or what i thought was fun at that age). when i got older, i changed (a bit) and in my twenties i realized that i missed out on a lot of stuff.
like having stable friendships in school (i am sometimes surprised that i got an education and did not just quit), or falling in love without being drunk, first kiss, first sex,... i had that of course but ... drunk

i had some experiances others could not made and they were good.
but others were cruel

12.04.2017 05:45:17

kITTYStARZ921986
Level 55
Atheista
12.04.2017 10:58:22
kITTYStARZ921986

maniatica wrote:

had much older friends (when i was 15 my boyfriend was 10 years older than me, today i think at that age that is ...  not okay), drinks and drugs. ... i had a lot of fun (or what i thought was fun at that age). when i got older, i changed (a bit) and in my twenties i realized that i missed out on a lot of stuff.
like having stable friendships in school (i am sometimes surprised that i got an education and did not just quit), or falling in love without being drunk, first kiss, first sex,... i had that of course but ... drunk

same with me.
I think I felt "cool" not fitting in with my peers my own age and having older friends. I thought I was mature. 
I look back and realize I was anything but.

Sometimes I wish I could go back and do it again, but I know I wouldn't be where I am now....so.

12.04.2017 10:58:22
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Freethinkerland
14.04.2017 08:45:17
HeavenLeighBimbo

@^  This seems to be a common theme.    Because I ran away from home at 16,  I really had no choice but to live in the adult world at a young age.   Lucky for me the 1980's were a much more simple time. Addiction's were always a constant, but the attitude's were never violent in the people I was around.
 I can't say any of that was a positive influence on my personality, however.
I may have been proud I could walk into any bar at 16 and get free drinks @ 16 but in reality, every single drink set me back a day toward's my true goal's.   
   I still went to school,  and was the phony, perfect angel when I needed to be, but  I became dependent on a very poor 'class' of adult's in friendship situations.   I have only myself to blame for 'them',  and for all of the immature thing's I've done as a child.  I knew what was right and what was wrong by the age of 8.  I knew for every second when I was 16 what I was doing was wrong,  but I did it anyway's to fit in with the people I was around...    
          Now I look back and think,   How mature was I, REALLY?
   I must have looked like a little girl, and down right stupid and awkward trying to be someone I wasn't quite old enough to be....

I would also pose this debate point:
Who is the most mature if given all girls are 15 during these year's?
1900-1950
1950-1960
1960-1980
1980- 2000
2000- present.

I was earning 150.00 USD cash per week, babysitting at age 8 in the 1970's.  Huge money back then even for adult's.  My mother actually kept records of my wage's so I could pay my fair share to GOD, even.  I was raised in a super religious home.
  Often I wasn't even the oldest child in the various home's, but I was female and the 'slightly older' boy's of the family just needed someone to make meal's and decisions for them and I was being paid to be in charge, by non-family members.  I thought this was NORMAL behavior for an 8 year old, back then because it was really the first time I operated independently as a human-being. The first time in my life I had to think about the welfare of other people.
  My peer's.    You had to be in control of the home when the parent's returned, if you wanted that next babysitting job.
                                                       All the cool girls with pretty clothes had babysitting job's.
                         It still just amazes me how different children have become during my 40 year's of observation of humanity. 

Today an 8 year old cannot even play without supervision at a public park.   Parent's have been thrown in jail for that. What was called 'Childhood' in 1970's is now called child neglect by anyone with a cell phone and a twitchy finger to dial 911 to the point that I'm not even sure there is a legal age to be in a public park alone till 18 or older.
  Now let's explore cell phone usage and what children do with them today.....   Or may be NOT.
   Adult's in 2017, cannot even act the age of a child in 1978. The news is full of child neglect stories.   Why is this?  
                   The lack of personal responsibility in the modern era has made the parent's into dependent children with drug addiction's and welfare to feed the habit..  The offspring have no chance of survival after that.  They will only learn to repeat the cycle of death if they survive that long.

I took a huge fall from God's good grace when I was 16-20. Those were certainly some very dark time's I wish I could do Over: just being my own age instead of trying to be part of the adult world.  I wonder how my life would have been different,  even if I never earned a single cent.
                               I could have been common and I think I would have liked it.
Bare foot and pregnant,  living the dream !!!!  Hahahaaaa

14.04.2017 08:45:17
Mindy
Level 104
Sex Appeal: 880424
Agnostica
14.04.2017 12:28:29
Mindy

I would also pose this debate point:
Who is the most mature if given all girls are 15 during these year's?
1900-1950
1950-1960
1960-1980
1980- 2000
2000- present.

IMO that is a relative term and needs needs to be split into 4 categories...maturity, responsibility, respect and desensitization.  I think they are often blended together when people discuss the matter and that they really are separate attributes and issues. 

I think that passing generations are more and more mature because adult subject matter is thrust upon them sooner and sooner and in greater volumes.  This is done by expanding media and by adults alike.  You look a couple hundred years back and a child was very isolated.  Then mass publishing came along and cheap short stories became available and kids would see the odd penny comic, which opened their eyes to the world a little bit...truth or fiction, these provided earlier insight to what they saw.  Then a hundred years ago the radio came along (actually less than 100 years ago...can you believe that it was still less than 100 years ago since the 1st public broadcasting radio station...technology breads technology) and this started slowly exposing youth to the same thing.  then TV came along...then very irresponsible glam magazines (perhaps the biggest thing to impact youth ever) then BBS....then Internet........now you have internet in your pocket.  Each of these developments thrust an adult world onto youth a little more as time passed and in increasing volumes...with that a level of maturity. Also, as each of these increased, it coincided with a greater urban movement, and as the rural community decreases in ratio it broke more and more isolation for youth.

Now responsibility falls a lot into that urban movement as well...when you grew up in a rural environment years ago responsibility was thrust upon you...and in an urban environment a lot of kids had t contribute to some sort of family business or at home. Now it is 'Oh Timmy and Tammy don't need to work' and it gives kids less of a sense of responsibility and respect. Of course this is amplified by a massive movement post WW2 when suddenly women remained I the workforce and it has grown to the point that really both parents need to work to get ahead...or even stay afloat...not always, but a lot. Not having an adult figure at home when a kid is off from school breeds trouble. Kids find themselves trouble when unsupervised...it is natural...but with the tech thrown in their faces it breaks down walls so it is worse and worse trouble all the time...they see more shit so they have higher platforms to elevate from.

That leads to desensitization and respect...people see more and more...the world and warped ideas and morals are in everyone’s face all the time now. I look at it like this...if 2 kids got in a fight 50 years ago the fight was 2 people punching the crap out of each other...when it was over it was over and both sides walked away...generally speaking. Now even a school fight is a big fricken deal....friends jump in and it is rarely even sided fighting...people don't think twice about smashing a face into a wall or stomping on someone while they are done or using a weapon...there is little respect and people are desensitized from the world being thrust upon them sooner.

So basically...I think most are more mature, but most lack a sense of responsibility in this helicopter parent generation (that is brutal and perhaps making people less mature), and they are desensitized, which breeds a lack of respect.

This is all a generalization...obviously not all all into all aspects of this, but society as a whole I feel falls into this. Things that help are kids having fair curfews, chores, sports, control over mass media (take the phone away at times). What doesn't help is helicopter parenting because parents are overcompensating that something might happen to their kids and now over-sheltering. I have talked to people that have seen parents show up in a kid's college class to argue with a professor over a grade...are you fucking kidding me! I know first hand I have seen parents show up at interviews....even after college!!! I have had two different graduates show up for interviews accompanied by their parents. I never interviewed them...I sat down and gave them some advice and told them...look, if you need someone to show up at this with you then you are not mature nor responsible enough to have this job...you need to be able to take on your parent and have them back off...I need people that can handle pressure and deadlines and you are screaming not ready or even close...my advise would be to take a year off and travel because you will grow as a person. Brutal.

I look at myself...I was working full-time with my own business by the time I was a teen...I had bought my parents a new house and it included a section that was my office space...a large section in that as well. I never finished high school because of that work. For me, I had a very high sense of responsibility when I was young....I had several employees before I had a driver's license. I did however lack a lot of maturity because I was not exposed to the world in the same fashion as most people my age. I was still very respectful of people and not overly desensitized because I was immersed in my work...Idle hands are the devil’s workshop are the devil's workshop and all right? I didn't trust most people because my work was all I really knew...that took a lot of personal growth for me to evolve with...I had a hard time retaining good people because of it when I started out. I respected them but I didn't know how to let go and to show it and to allow people to share responsibility...anyways...I am rambling now.

14.04.2017 12:28:29
Make your parents proud, your enemies jealous, and yourself happy.  The only thing that can prevent you is you! 

Hugz to my BL: stalker...you know who you are.  Lil creepy, but thanks for the pedestal. 
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Freethinkerland
14.04.2017 15:05:33
HeavenLeighBimbo

Mindy really wrote a masterpiece ^ of the human condition.  She expanded on the subject, rightly and with clarity.
 The 4 categories...maturity, responsibility, respect and desensitization are so blended it is easy to ignore.  As I was reading every situation Mindy  mentioned,  I could see an example from my past come to life in my head.  Where I've been around and sometime's did myself something I normally wouldn't have done if it wasn't for being desensitized.  Leading to a collapse of all the value's we need to be functioning adult's. Beginning with birth, that child is being desensitized to the world around them, that is overwhelming.  Eventually learning maturity, responsibility, respect from the parent's. [hopefully] so that by the age of 18,  all four element's of 'maturity' are in place and functioning correctly in equal measures.  Losing just one, make's  the dysfunctional adult's we see everywhere in the crime page's.  Every crime can be traced back to at least one of those human values being missing inside the perpetrator's soul.

I would also add empathy as being a human value of maturity too. Empathy,  is the opposite trait of desensitization. There is a balance,  and  you need to be a little tough around the thing's you see happening around you.  However not so much that you would do nothing to stop an insensitive act you are witnessing.  Just recently a 13 year old girl was gang raped on Facebook Live, and of the 40 viewer's not a single one called the police.  The mother herself had to show screen shot's of the crime to the Mayor of the City before the police even got involved and arrested the gang member's. That is very disturbing.  What does this say about desensitization of the youth, in today's term's of maturity?   The gang member's thought they were being so grown up, and proving their manhood to the world.  I can only think a few well placed bullet's will fix them and the time will come for them eventually to pay for all the lack of respect they showed to everyone around them.  What about the 40 viewer's of the crime who did nothing to report an active crime in progress;  Which human value are they missing?

14.04.2017 15:05:33

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...