Level 24
Sex Appeal: 11126
Reasonopia
11.08.2017 17:57:26
Euphemia!

PlastiqueTiara wrote:
Euphemia! wrote:
marauderverity wrote:
This makes me want to quit the game...what's the point of writing well articulated debates on here?LowhZMv.png
I agree 100% Why do people bother voting for someone who can't even be bothered to right an answer in the debate. Honestly, I think it might be strategic voting. Obviously, I can't prove it. But the amount of Top 10 players who ALWAYS vote against me in the debates, even if the bimbo hasn't even written anything, is shocking. 

Maybe I should stop voting for the well thought out answers and start voting strategically too?
i don't really think it's fair of you to just assume that my vote on that debate was just some "strategic" move. tbh i wasn't judging on the answer (obvi) but it was because i didn't care for the answer and didn't find it that interesting, so i judged on fashion instead (in which i think the other bimbo was superior).

so next time can we not just jump to conclusions and make "innocent" people look bad?
1. I used the word MIGHT for a reason. Obviously I don't know what your (or anyone else's) intentions are. I thought I made it clear that it was pure speculation (I guess not)

2. So you voted on a debate about MONEY on what the bimbos were wearing. Okay then. There's no rule against it so why not. If that's how you do things when you don't like an answer then fine. I personally would have voted for the bimbo who bothered to write something and actually engage in debate. This is the main reason I feel that debates should be anonymous. 

3.  It's good to know your vote wasn't strategic but I do think some people's votes are. So I stand by what I wrote. That's just how I feel

11.08.2017 17:57:26
Cool, Calm, Collected
PlastiqueTiara
Level 11
Sex Appeal: 1252
Antitheocra
11.08.2017 19:07:14
PlastiqueTiara

@euphemia i'm sorry if i misunderstood you - and it's totally fine that's how you feel, nice to get some other people's thoughts (maybe it can make me think about voting in a different way, who knows).

i just wanted to make sure i wasn't being misinterpreted as my name was in the "debate" picture (which to be fair you didn't post so maybe it was a little weird i quoted you). :)

11.08.2017 19:07:14
my new account is "immortality, darling" ♡♡
Mindy
Level 104
Sex Appeal: 880414
Agnostica
11.08.2017 19:07:30
Mindy

Euphemia! wrote:
PlastiqueTiara wrote:
Euphemia! wrote:
marauderverity wrote:
This makes me want to quit the game...what's the point of writing well articulated debates on here?LowhZMv.png
I agree 100% Why do people bother voting for someone who can't even be bothered to right an answer in the debate. Honestly, I think it might be strategic voting. Obviously, I can't prove it. But the amount of Top 10 players who ALWAYS vote against me in the debates, even if the bimbo hasn't even written anything, is shocking. 

Maybe I should stop voting for the well thought out answers and start voting strategically too?
i don't really think it's fair of you to just assume that my vote on that debate was just some "strategic" move. tbh i wasn't judging on the answer (obvi) but it was because i didn't care for the answer and didn't find it that interesting, so i judged on fashion instead (in which i think the other bimbo was superior).

so next time can we not just jump to conclusions and make "innocent" people look bad?
1. I used the word MIGHT for a reason. Obviously I don't know what your (or anyone else's) intentions are. I thought I made it clear that it was pure speculation (I guess not)

2. So you voted on a debate about MONEY on what the bimbos were wearing. Okay then. There's no rule against it so why not. If that's how you do things when you don't like an answer then fine. I personally would have voted for the bimbo who bothered to write something and actually engage in debate. This is the main reason I feel that debates should be anonymous. 

3.  It's good to know your vote wasn't strategic but I do think some people's votes are. So I stand by what I wrote. That's just how I feel

I can not speak for this grouping of debates....but I do know that if you debate the same person 3 times and they have not put something in there you will eventually have people voting against you.  Not saying that is the case here...just saying it happens.  There are definitely some teams that pile on and vote against for whatever reason...I see it often...whether it be strategic or not liking someone or simply voting one way because they know the one person or whatever....not much one can do about it outside of learning when the people who tend to vote for you or at least give your debate a fair shot are on and trying to debate more in that time.  That is a reality of RL sometimes to.

11.08.2017 19:07:30
Make your parents proud, your enemies jealous, and yourself happy.  The only thing that can prevent you is you! 

Hugz to my BL: stalker...you know who you are.  Lil creepy, but thanks for the pedestal. 
Euphemia!
Level 24
Reasonopia
11.08.2017 19:30:39
Euphemia!

PlastiqueTiara wrote:
@euphemia i'm sorry if i misunderstood you - and it's totally fine that's how you feel, nice to get some other people's thoughts (maybe it can make me think about voting in a different way, who knows).

i just wanted to make sure i wasn't being misinterpreted as my name was in the "debate" picture (which to be fair you didn't post so maybe it was a little weird i quoted you). :)
Hey, I reread my comment and you being upset/ feeling attacked was justified.  No need to apologise :)
My comment wasn't supposed to be an attack and I apologise that it came across that way. 

11.08.2017 19:30:39
Cool, Calm, Collected
Euphemia!
Level 24
Reasonopia
11.08.2017 19:31:42
Euphemia!

Mindy wrote:
Euphemia! wrote:
PlastiqueTiara wrote:
Euphemia! wrote:
marauderverity wrote:

I can not speak for this grouping of debates....but I do know that if you debate the same person 3 times and they have not put something in there you will eventually have people voting against you.  Not saying that is the case here...just saying it happens.  There are definitely some teams that pile on and vote against for whatever reason...I see it often...whether it be strategic or not liking someone or simply voting one way because they know the one person or whatever....not much one can do about it outside of learning when the people who tend to vote for you or at least give your debate a fair shot are on and trying to debate more in that time.  That is a reality of RL sometimes to.
Thanks for your comments. It helps to understand how things work from an experienced player/debater.

11.08.2017 19:31:42
Cool, Calm, Collected
Mindy
Level 104
Agnostica
11.08.2017 19:44:27
Mindy

Yeah...no problem.  I mean it makes sense that if someone keeps debating someone with nothing to say that eventually people are going to push back on it...I have learned that lesson and voted against it as well.  I mean the ones who get debated by someone with nothing to say over and over and over i itself is a bit beyond ridiculous...we'v all seen that and know there are regulars for it.  sadly...debates are all too often not very much about what one has to say...but again are often like that IRL as well right.  

Personally...How I vote changes from time to time.  I generally vote for someone I am in a relationship or friends with in a debate if they hold their own in it...if I feel like they were plain outdone in it I simply refrain from voting in it.  If there is a vote that already has 2 votes for someone I generally vote for the person w/o a vote unless they have nothing to say or I find their comment ridiculous or something.  "boring bimbos" I dont generally even vote in those...though often there are obvious seeding for Ws and I will sometimes vote accordingly against....wish they would make it so you could only debate a certain person once every 72 hours or something to stem some of that...though I fully admit that I have went back and forth feeding people debates and they I in return 

11.08.2017 19:44:27
Make your parents proud, your enemies jealous, and yourself happy.  The only thing that can prevent you is you! 

Hugz to my BL: stalker...you know who you are.  Lil creepy, but thanks for the pedestal. 
Euphemia!
Level 24
Reasonopia
11.08.2017 20:20:34
Euphemia!

Mindy wrote:
Yeah...no problem.  I mean it makes sense that if someone keeps debating someone with nothing to say that eventually people are going to push back on it...I have learned that lesson and voted against it as well.  I mean the ones who get debated by someone with nothing to say over and over and over i itself is a bit beyond ridiculous...we'v all seen that and know there are regulars for it.  sadly...debates are all too often not very much about what one has to say...but again are often like that IRL as well right.  

Personally...How I vote changes from time to time.  I generally vote for someone I am in a relationship or friends with in a debate if they hold their own in it...if I feel like they were plain outdone in it I simply refrain from voting in it.  If there is a vote that already has 2 votes for someone I generally vote for the person w/o a vote unless they have nothing to say or I find their comment ridiculous or something.  "boring bimbos" I dont generally even vote in those...though often there are obvious seeding for Ws and I will sometimes vote accordingly against....wish they would make it so you could only debate a certain person once every 72 hours or something to stem some of that...though I fully admit that I have went back and forth feeding people debates and they I in return 
Everything you've mentioned makes complete sense; I suppose I just needed to read other players perspective on it to fully grasp how people vote in the debates. It does make sense for people to vote for their friends regardless of the answers and it does make sense for people to vote against people who always enter debates against "boring bimbos". Now that I think about it people who debate "boring bimbos" are doing so strategically because they assume they would win (I suppose, upon refection, I am guilty of doing this occasionally). And I do vote for my friends simply because they are my friends instead of actually reading the answers as well.

I think it would be a great idea for a certain person to only debate a certain person once every 72 hours!

I feel incredibly silly now for causing a small commotion over something so minor.

11.08.2017 20:20:34
Cool, Calm, Collected
Mindy
Level 104
Agnostica
11.08.2017 21:51:40
Mindy

Euphemia! wrote:
Mindy wrote:

Everything you've mentioned makes complete sense; I suppose I just needed to read other players perspective on it to fully grasp how people vote in the debates. It does make sense for people to vote for their friends regardless of the answers and it does make sense for people to vote against people who always enter debates against "boring bimbos". Now that I think about it people who debate "boring bimbos" are doing so strategically because they assume they would win (I suppose, upon refection, I am guilty of doing this occasionally). And I do vote for my friends simply because they are my friends instead of actually reading the answers as well.

I think it would be a great idea for a certain person to only debate a certain person once every 72 hours!

I feel incredibly silly now for causing a small commotion over something so minor.

You shouldn't...it is natural for people to do this and there are issues there so...

11.08.2017 21:51:40

urban3115
Level 35
Sex Appeal: 32770
Freethinkerland
12.08.2017 04:05:33
urban3115

Mindy took the words right out of my mouth. I usually go for the unpopular vote if there are already two votes for one person. I'm not sure if votes give you any rewards but I like to encourage new bimbos by voting for them. I also vote by what they wear or how they come across in the forums because most people don't have anything written in their debate columns. I do read the debates, I just don't like the idea of voting for someone's opinion over another if you can understand that. But I see everyone's point. 

12.08.2017 04:05:33
Call of the Wild. 
"Maybe that's why I love animals so much. You look in their eyes and you know exactly what's in their hearts."
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695423
Freethinkerland
12.08.2017 15:14:13
HeavenLeighBimbo

The above comment's ^ makes mention of one of my method's that I track the top ten gangs.   I look for groups who are voting for the naked, and opinion-less Bimbos.  Following the voting trend's of those Bimbo's closely.  This is what starts my investigation's.
  I have other methods too,  but those are classified.

I also notice a lot of 'hate vote's towards/against certain player's.   This has to be expected in my situation and it usually doesn't matter much.  2 out of three vote's is all that matter's.
 As Urban3115 mentioned she does, I also like to be the opposition/unpopular vote when someone naked or without a debate message already has 2 vote's, if dressed nicely.   In my opinion the debate become a 'Fashion Duel' at that point for me.
                      That way they don't feel like the outfit the Bimbo made was totally ugly.
                      I think it shows that their effort's to dress a bimbo well, are appreciated by the Prime Bimbo.

While I like the 72 hour rule another player mentioned,  it is just not a workable solution to the problem at this time.   There is just not enough New Player's joining and staying active to make this possible.   The debates would become unused.  Personally I think it also may feel like Bimboland's is taking away an important freedom of self-determination.   It is a good topic for debate.   I'm keeping an open mind about it,  and will be talking it over with the programmer to see what she think's.....
    The time span would likely be shortened to 24 hours for game play reason's, if implemented as a last resort.
                  I dislike doing anything that take's away freedom's from majority of ethical players,
                                          to stop a minority of criminals/gang's/unethical player's.
   Remember that debates represent the combination of the freedom of expression, and free association with other law abiding player's.  Multi-account maker's are the equivalent of terrorists in Bimboland's.
Taking away the ethical Bimbo's ability to Debate whoever and whenever is just not acceptable to me, in principle.

12.08.2017 15:14:13
Image result for winter wonderland banner

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...