Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

State Ministers discussion - what should we do?

Created
Author
Dye96
LillyAnn
Level 235
Sex Appeal: 10827501
Freethinkerland
07.06.2021 21:42:43
LillyAnn

If you take percentage it would be fair. Our state is populate but not all are active. Let's say there are 300 active players in Freethinkerland who spent b$/diamonds/real money. That sum divided with numbers of players who spent some is the real number. Antotheocra may have only 60 active members but who participated more. And so on...
Craze bonuses for each state and state crazes sound cool too! 

07.06.2021 21:42:43

Welcome new bimbos & himbos ❣   

I identify as transparent, pronounces who/where
(don't take this seriously, because if you do it's your own fault)

misogynist
Level 106
Sex Appeal: 940717
Atheista
07.06.2021 21:59:06
misogynist

Oh, if you are talking in percentages then yes I agree it would be fair :) I didn't realize that is what you meant.

I'd like to clarify what I said previously, I was proposing that SMs have the ability to select one of the craze bonuses to apply to their state for the entirety of their term, or to be able to organize crazes, though maybe to a lesser extent than official PB crazes. They may not be able to choose as many craze bonuses per craze, maybe not be able to host more than a few crazes per term, maybe they can select the same number of bonuses but the bonuses themselves are reduced by a bit, etc. Or maybe just have the same options available as PB in regards to crazes ;) 

07.06.2021 21:59:06
MissKaika
Level 244
Sex Appeal: 12654507
Atheista
08.06.2021 22:17:37
MissKaika

Dye96 wrote:
Hello, everyone!

We'll postpone the 'Inter-state love' thing for a while (more than it has already been due to my lack of time) because I'd rather create pop-up announcements on other, more important discussions :)

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion (not excluding citizens from other states) on State Minister responsibilities. This discussion first started on the Senators lodge, but since a lot of active players are not senators, I wanna hear more opinions. Here's what we do so far:

1. We get a message for each reported player from our state;
2. We can jail users;
3. We usually host contests, but it's not a SM-only thing;
4. We can (and should) run for Prime Bimbo.

That would be all :D Our job is really unclear and sometimes mixed with the Forum Guardians' because they have pretty much the same tools, even more. What's pretty weird is that the FGs can do, and actually do more than the State Ministers. Another disappointing thing is that we usually have at least one inactive State Minister, and there's nothing that can be done beside waiting for 4 months until the term is over.

Given all this info, what do you think the State Ministers should be able and expected to do? Since we're supposed to run for Prime Bimbo at some point (some of us already did without wanting to), my opinion is that we should have more responsibilities. Now I wanna hear your opinion :)

Obs.: I will bring the ideas up with the Pink House members as well.
Very interesting, you got a perfect question.
Some states have less interaction than others.
In addition to developing this "work" SM, the population of each state should be more active, we could have individual interactions by states between citizens, without being fashion contests, they could be cultural contests related to the state.
Fairs, festivals, concerts... (examples).
With its own calendar per state, "National Agnostica Day" could be a holiday for the state and the state has store discounts (example).
Things like that.
This would give us more contact and more participation from active players.

08.06.2021 22:17:37

heartmarch
Level 36
Sex Appeal: 36644
Reasonopia
12.12.2021 20:59:31
heartmarch

Yeah I was definitely shocked with how little power a state minister had when I was elected. I think a good set of upgrades would look like: ability to ban people only in your state, ability to gift people only in your state without a paywall, availability to be a shop worker during your term

i think giving people more incentive to pay for senator to run for SM means more people running and better elections. it's a pay to play role at the end of the day

12.12.2021 20:59:31

Hot Topica
Level 40
Sex Appeal: 49516
Reasonopia
12.12.2021 21:57:51
Hot Topica

Yeah I was confused at first when I saw there was fashion police in addition to state ministers.

3/6 of the FP are already state ministers. 1 is the justice minister and 1 is the PB. Only 1 member of the fashion police doesn't already have a role. So I think it would make sense to give those tasks to the SM instead.

It would definitely be more incentive for other players to want to run for SM. And more people running for SM makes for better elections.

12.12.2021 21:57:51
  debate me :D  
Dye96
Level 237
Sex Appeal: 11317729
Freethinkerland
12.12.2021 22:12:31
Dye96

State Ministers being Fashion Police too is a consequence to not having enough players involved in the politics and game well-being. They are not SMs because they are FPs or the other way around. 

12.12.2021 22:12:31
Hot Topica
Level 40
Reasonopia
12.12.2021 22:38:52
Hot Topica

Yeah, so if they're already filling those roles because there isn't enough players involved in politics then why not make that the state minister's official role?

Right now the SM role seems to be organizing events/contests for their state and I'm guessing also suggesting ideas for site things to other PH members. They don't really have any power "in office" so to speak. Other players could also hold fashion contests if they wished, and site suggestions are also made in the forum. So the only thing really separating a SM from another citizen/senator is the ability to jail players in their state as far as I can tell. If they had more of a powerful role in office there would probably be more interest in running for SM and more interest in being involved in site politics.

12.12.2021 22:38:52
LillyAnn
Level 235
Freethinkerland
12.12.2021 23:25:15
LillyAnn

How do you know how many 'power in office' SMs have? Asking out of curiosity since you are still fairly new player. Tho maybe you got some wrong or incomplete info about that.

Minister of Justice is part of Fashion Police. In order to be MoJ, one has to be FP. I was MoJ for about 10 months and in order to be one I had to be FP, since MoJ is basically like a head of FP team and PB's right hand. As soon as I became SM, my MoJ role has gone automatically. It was meant to be that way.
Similar goes for PB. PB is by default FP as well. She is not PB because she is FP, but the other way around. She has to FP because she is already PB.
Hope it clears up some confusions...

And really, this thread is not about fighting over roles or trying to cancel one role in the favor of another, but to try to brainstorm some good ideas for SMs.

12.12.2021 23:25:15

Hot Topica
Level 40
Reasonopia
13.12.2021 00:14:50
Hot Topica

The start of this very thread lists all the things that state minister does. That is where I got my information from.

Also I never said you must be FP to be PB. I was merely pointing out that if the reasoning to why State Ministers don't have those jobs instead of FP is so that more people can be involved or so less tasks fall on the hands of State Ministers, roles are already doubled up; allocating those powers/tasks to SM wouldn't radically change the site but simply provide more incentive to become a SM.

While state only crazes and such would be fun, I don't think it would make people want to engage more with site politics. Usually people want to run for positions of power to make a change and if you can't really do so they're more likely to just sit back.

I do however think that Heartmarch's suggestion of SM being able to be shop workers is a good idea. It would put less strain on the current shop workers (I feel like they probably get a lot of messages) and would allow for new content to get added faster. Which I think would make everyone on here happy.

13.12.2021 00:14:50
LillyAnn
Level 235
Freethinkerland
13.12.2021 01:03:25
LillyAnn

Alright, I just wanted to explain the dynamics of certain roles, what precedes which and what comes as a consequence.

What makes you think that being a shop worker can influence BL politics more than for instance having state mini-crazes? Or, having a state law or rules, created by state SM and perhaps senators from that state?

Shop is not really busy right now... there were much busier days with even less active shop workers. Items get in shop pretty fast now actually. There are just certain procedures that have to be followed. Guess you all missed the times when only a couple of new items were added in shop once in a blue moon, or even once per year! Now you have new items almost daily, or weekly. But certain rules and procedures have to be followed in order to ensure good quality content and good engagement. Certain things are planned in the certain way on purpose. That's just the management thing.

Again, is there any new idea specifically for SMs that is not related with already existing things and roles? Is there something that really is NEW?

13.12.2021 01:03:25

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...