Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

State Ministers discussion - what should we do?

Created
Author
Dye96
Dye96
Level 237
Sex Appeal: 11319135
Freethinkerland
06.06.2021 22:33:58
Dye96

Hello, everyone!

We'll postpone the 'Inter-state love' thing for a while (more than it has already been due to my lack of time) because I'd rather create pop-up announcements on other, more important discussions :)

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion (not excluding citizens from other states) on State Minister responsibilities. This discussion first started on the Senators lodge, but since a lot of active players are not senators, I wanna hear more opinions. Here's what we do so far:

1. We get a message for each reported player from our state;
2. We can jail users;
3. We usually host contests, but it's not a SM-only thing;
4. We can (and should) run for Prime Bimbo.

That would be all :D Our job is really unclear and sometimes mixed with the Forum Guardians' because they have pretty much the same tools, even more. What's pretty weird is that the FGs can do, and actually do more than the State Ministers. Another disappointing thing is that we usually have at least one inactive State Minister, and there's nothing that can be done beside waiting for 4 months until the term is over.

Given all this info, what do you think the State Ministers should be able and expected to do? Since we're supposed to run for Prime Bimbo at some point (some of us already did without wanting to), my opinion is that we should have more responsibilities. Now I wanna hear your opinion :)

Obs.: I will bring the ideas up with the Pink House members as well.

06.06.2021 22:33:58
Sandi Lut
Level 280
Sex Appeal: 25259672
Antitheocra
07.06.2021 10:16:28
Sandi Lut

Well for starters we should have a system that dead accounts can't run for SM. In my state there is a bimbo running for SM for over a year now and she hasn't been active for 9 months. She usually gets only 5 votes or so. But in my low populated state 5 votes is a lot. We now even have an SM that is almost completely inactive. She logs on 4x a year or so.

As for things to do for SM's,
SM's should have moderating tools for their own Town Hall sections, it could releive some of the FG work.

One SM should be "Vice Prime Bimbo" in case the Prime Bimbo is somehow unable to perform their duties. We already had a dead account as PB years ago and that just encouraged bots and trolls to mess with the site unpunished.

I was thinking of some sort of regular event that SM's could organize on a regular basis. For example: Every state picks a citizen of the month for every state and have some sort of competition among the state citizens of the month to choose the BL citizen of the month? The state citizen of the month could be someone who is exceptionally nice or has the most awesome outfits or has done something special.

There is not much to add to the tasks and responsibilities of an SM really. The site has limited features and even many tools for moderators are limited. Every PB since me has organized a dicord server where the SM's (and other mods) can have a say and even are involved to make changes and make decisions. So on dicord there is actually some sort of government body. There is not any on here. There is no way for a PB and SM's to actually form a government. I have no idea how that should come to life on here. But on the site itself a SM cannot do much.

07.06.2021 10:16:28
Happiness is inside yourself

LillyAnn
Level 235
Sex Appeal: 10828546
Freethinkerland
07.06.2021 11:58:35
LillyAnn

Well for starters we should have a system that dead accounts can't run for SM. In my state there is a bimbo running for SM for over a year now and she hasn't been active for 9 months. She usually gets only 5 votes or so. But in my low populated state 5 votes is a lot. We now even have an SM that is almost completely inactive. She logs on 4x a year or so.
This is very important. There's no point in letting inactive accounts to run in SM and PB elections. Some system that prevents it could be of help. Maybe something like making it mandatory for a candidate to log in 10 days or a week before elections to confirm they are running. Active SMs can't do much atm, but inactive can't do anything for sure.

Perhaps limiting contests only for SMs, tho it's probably isn't the best solution and won't be so popular. But with given option there is nothing so exclusive only to SMs, except the badge.

It would be nice and helpful for SMs to have a list of their citizens that displays when citizens started playing, their level and something basic like that. It could help SMs with messages and comments when they want to engage their citizens into some activity or at least to be a parameter of activity of state members.

07.06.2021 11:58:35

Welcome new bimbos & himbos ❣   

I identify as transparent, pronounces who/where
(don't take this seriously, because if you do it's your own fault)

Dye96
Level 237
Freethinkerland
07.06.2021 12:55:40
Dye96

Very well put!

1. Inactive SMs - right after the last SM election, when a player who barely logs 4 times a year got elected, we discussed in the Pink House about having to confirm you're running every time we have elections and not just run by default just because you ran once, at some point. I hope it will become available until next election and this way people will have to choose between people who actually want to run.

2. Contests - I like the idea of making this SM-only. This way, if a player has a nice idea for a contest, they can talk to the representative of their state and host it together - contests, connecting people! :D Also, I know some regular users don't want or are too shy to ask the admins for prizes. Since the State Ministers supposedly communicate with the admins more, it should be easier for us.

Hope more people will speak their mind here :)

07.06.2021 12:55:40
Alexxxi
Level 230
Sex Appeal: 9974924
Freethinkerland
07.06.2021 14:56:05
Alexxxi

Overall, i have been very impressed with the leadership of BL. I certainly have nothing to criticize as the improvements outweigh the negative aspects. Shout out to  Dye for challenging the status quo, thinking (and doing) things to make the game better.  I can see where the SM role, at times is just a title, however, the group of SMs is a wonderful resource, but potentially underutilized. The really cool thing is SMs allow for all their regions to be heard.

My idea to consider: SMs could serve as a formal legislative body. Maybe they already do... IDK.  Have a say on gameplay improvements, not so much heated forum movements:  6 SMs + PB, simple majority.

I'm still irked by this rule: The lock down wardrobes (now cost 10 diamonds). My personal opinion is that it only came about because someone (rather genius) impersonated Tok, going on to win a trophy. Brilliant or sinister, to combat this, i think it was the perfect storm for irrational decision making as these types of events are extremely infrequent.

I do like the idea of SMs possessing (limited) influence as they are the voice fo the people.

07.06.2021 14:56:05

Closet SQ

misogynist
Level 106
Sex Appeal: 940717
Atheista
07.06.2021 15:43:23
misogynist

2. Contests - I like the idea of making this SM-only. This way, if a player has a nice idea for a contest, they can talk to the representative of their state and host it together - contests, connecting people! :D
Are you saying that only SMs would have the ability to host contests? I don't personally like the idea - I feel like it may discourage people from hosting contests. What if the SM refuses to allow someone to host a contest, even if it doesn't break any rules, or solely based on personal bias against the player? What if players do not feel comfortable working alongside their SM? Not saying that these scenarios would happen, but it is possible unfortunately.

Maybe it would be better for SMs to be able to host something similar to PBFC but on a smaller scale, for each state individually? Say at the beginning of their SM term they host a state poll for a theme, and then host a contest with the winning theme that is only for state members. I think if something like that were implemented it would achieve the same goal of connecting people while giving SMs a bit more responsibility. I would suggest only having one or two of these per term so as not to conflict too heavily with PBFC and other contests.

I think it would make a lot of sense since the main contest of the site is the Prime Bimbo Fashion Contest, we could have State Minister Fashion Contests as well!

Also, I know some regular users don't want or are too shy to ask the admins for prizes. Since the State Ministers supposedly communicate with the admins more, it should be easier for us.
I definitely agree with this point, if I understand what you've said correctly. You mean SMs should have the ability to ask admins for prizes if users feel uncomfortable for any reason, right? Or SMs should have the ability to assign prizes? I don't think we could get them to agree to the latter, but possibly the former. I have a bit of mixed feelings about the former, but I think if done correctly it would be really beneficial as a whole.

I'd also like to suggest the possibility of the runner up for SM being a sort of secretary to the winner. Not completely sold on the idea myself but I would like to open up the conversation for others to give an opinion on it. Perhaps the runner up could just have the ability to go through the reports for the state, since it seems at the moment it rests solely on the SM and I'm sure that can't be an easy task. An extra pair of hands so to speak.

07.06.2021 15:43:23
Dye96
Level 237
Freethinkerland
07.06.2021 19:18:45
Dye96

Are you saying that only SMs would have the ability to host contests? I don't personally like the idea - I feel like it may discourage people from hosting contests. What if the SM refuses to allow someone to host a contest, even if it doesn't break any rules, or solely based on personal bias against the player? What if players do not feel comfortable working alongside their SM? Not saying that these scenarios would happen, but it is possible unfortunately.

Maybe it would be better for SMs to be able to host something similar to PBFC but on a smaller scale, for each state individually? Say at the beginning of their SM term they host a state poll for a theme, and then host a contest with the winning theme that is only for state members. I think if something like that were implemented it would achieve the same goal of connecting people while giving SMs a bit more responsibility. I would suggest only having one or two of these per term so as not to conflict too heavily with PBFC and other contests.

I think it would make a lot of sense since the main contest of the site is the Prime Bimbo Fashion Contest, we could have State Minister Fashion Contests as well!
Just because I like an idea it doesn't mean that it will happen by default. An idea could be liked by every player here and still could not happen; so every opinion is welcome here, this is why it's a discussion :D I like the State Minister Fashion Contest idea as well - and maybe smaller states could do it together, or one small state alongside with a larger state.
I definitely agree with this point, if I understand what you've said correctly. You mean SMs should have the ability to ask admins for prizes if users feel uncomfortable for any reason, right? Or SMs should have the ability to assign prizes? I don't think we could get them to agree to the latter, but possibly the former. I have a bit of mixed feelings about the former, but I think if done correctly it would be really beneficial as a whole.
Here I meant that the SM would ask the admin for prizes. It would be nice to be able to assign prizes, but it could easily be abused. Maybe if we have a monthly limit on how much we can give out :D

07.06.2021 19:18:45
misogynist
Level 106
Atheista
07.06.2021 19:31:06
misogynist

Here I meant that the SM would ask the admin for prizes. It would be nice to be able to assign prizes, but it could easily be abused. Maybe if we have a monthly limit on how much we can give out :D
Yeah, that is the reason I have mixed feelings about it :( Not everyone is trustworthy with that kind of responsibility. I think your idea of having a monthly limit is a good balance. It would make things much easier considering the team bimbo members with this ability are not always available in a timely manner to confirm prizes. 
I like the State Minister Fashion Contest idea as well - and maybe smaller states could do it together, or one small state alongside with a larger state.
I agree! Something akin to the Bimboland's Beauty Pageant hosted by FWN and the SMs where we all worked together to come up with themes, example outfits, and voted together for the smaller states maybe.

07.06.2021 19:31:06
LillyAnn
Level 235
Sex Appeal: 10828546
Freethinkerland
07.06.2021 20:54:41
LillyAnn

The point here is making SM role more prominent and important, instead of it being just a token and badge. Dye is looking for opinions that could give more density to that role in practice, not to dilute it even more while it's already pretty diluted. SMs don't need a secretary to deal with reported players. Access to reports goes with the role, so someone without the role doesn't have access to it. On the other hand, all of these reports go to FP as well.

We need some unique feature for SMs, or at least feature that doesn't heavily overlap with FP on the one side and citizens on the other side. We have contests, that's cool, but is there something else beside contest? Maybe some unique bonuses for each state that SMs pick, or taking evidence and stats of state population growth on weekly/monthly level, b$ spent in each state and similar type of thing that perhaps may bring some bonuses or rewards to states citizens based on that. Idk, just thinking... it doesn't have to be everything about contests.

It would be nice to hear from other SMs, at least those active ones. They might have some interesting ideas in mind. So far only citizens gave suggestions.

07.06.2021 20:54:41

Welcome new bimbos & himbos ❣   

I identify as transparent, pronounces who/where
(don't take this seriously, because if you do it's your own fault)

misogynist
Level 106
Atheista
07.06.2021 21:33:56
misogynist

Sandi and I have both previously been SMs, and in Sandi's case even PB so these ideas are coming from that perspective. I only suggested the secretary since I was under the impression SMs may feel overwhelmed with many reports, but if that isn't the case then that's good! The feature was implemented after my term, so I'm not fully aware of the functionality.

Something else I had in mind, maybe SMs could host state polls for changes their citizens would like to see. At the end of the poll the SMs could come together and discuss the winning changes in each state and which they want to propose to PB/TB. Things like username changes, removal of the 10 diamond outfit viewing fee, perhaps adding new minigames, etc. I think something like that would take pressure off of the PB and at the same time give SMs more sway. It is definitely a more democratic approach than what has been happening up until this point at least. But as Dye said, even if a majority of users want something, it may never come to fruition, so I don't know how people would feel about something like that. 

I think your idea about bonuses is good in theory, but there is a huge difference in the number of active players in each state. I know in Antitheocra Sandi has speculated there are around 60 active members, and while this number may be different now, it still pales in comparison to say Atheista or Freethinkerland. So in my opinion it would be unfair to have the states competing for bonuses in the way you've described. Maybe something like at the beginning of the SMs term they can pick which bonus(es) they would like to have for their state? That could be used in electoral programmes as well. Maybe just getting to pick one of the craze bonuses for their term? Or possibly even being able to request state specific crazes? I believe at the moment the PB is the only one with the ability to do so. 

07.06.2021 21:33:56

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...