Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

Secville Discussion Corner: to be or not to be on social media?

Created
Author
Namastis
Harry Styles
Level 27
Sex Appeal: 15088
Secville
04.05.2021 13:06:04
Harry Styles

I treat my instagram page as a sort of journal? The posts aren't for anyone except myself (and my stats kinda prove that no one likes it except my mom and a few close friends lmao). My feed is mostly classmates from highschool, artists, or cosplayers/models since I like to draw them and they're uh;;; very pretty. I can never get enough of pretty women lol. I don't think it has negatively impacted my mood, since I don't take it seriously and I don't care about likes or anything like that. I'm also super aware of how 'fake' some of the images on my feed are, especially with models and cosplayers. I know its edited, and that there's no point comparing myself cause I can't photoshop myself to look like them, and frankly, I don't want to. I love my Instagram page, I love getting to go back and see myself when I was younger, see how I've changed over the years. I've had my account for 7 years or so now, and the way I've posted and the things I post have most certainly changed, but I can tell that there's still parts of me that haven't changed at all. Misinformation is a huge problem, and so is sexual harassment (ESPECIALLY with cosplayers, oh my god. someone I follow is having a serious stalker issue and they've contacted the police to try and handle it. It's frankly really disturbing to read the emails and messages he sends her, It's terrifying. Especially cause they're a MINOR.) I think the platforms need to do something about it, I don't know what, but *something* has to be done. 

04.05.2021 13:06:04
TokiKonoe
Level 264
Sex Appeal: 18620732
Freethinkerland
04.05.2021 13:06:58
TokiKonoe

I use Instagram and Facebook mostly. I update my Instagram account kinda rare and Facebook never lol :D 
Even though I'm not very active updating my social media accounts, especially Facebook, I still find having them useful. I can stay in contact with people (you know, people these days don't like calling others :P), remember their birthdays and follow the brands I'm interested in. Of course Instagram is fun for checking some pictures, I love following travel accounts to find some possible future travel destinations for myself. 

I know people who don't use social media at all (and not only old people, but people around 20-40). Often they say they don't feel like they should have one and that they don't need one. Maybe they are right and having social media isn't as necessary as I now feel that it is. When I was kid, there weren't any social medias and I did just fine, but now that we have them, they definitely ease up staying in touch and doing it fast.

Some people here pointed out some negative sides of social media, like spreading false or even dangerous information - or those horrible challenges (you know those tiktok challenged that end up to news time to time because kids are even risking their health or lives for them!!)

Overall, I could say that social medias are good for individual people and companies, to keep in touch, promote and stay connected. We also need to acknowledge the risks that can occur when it comes to kids, we can make it better with our own behavior, by educating kids about internet and social media and sites can develop their systems to make their sites more safe and parents can have apps that prevent kids to go to unwanted sites, but also we need to acknowledge that there always will be some risks when it comes to kids, social media and internet.

04.05.2021 13:06:58
BarbieIa
Level 12
Sex Appeal: 1119
Reasonopia
05.05.2021 05:43:16
BarbieIa

i was on social media years ago ( Facebook, twitter, Instagram ) after the great Facebook database hack years ago i was falsely banned after my account was hacked and compromised 2 times in a month.

it was nice to keep contact with relatives and old friends, such a hastle to go thru all the BS it eventually had

05.05.2021 05:43:16
Roxiana Tiffany Amber
Level 9
Sex Appeal: 446
Secville
01.06.2021 02:58:37
Roxiana Tiffany Amber

For me, the reason I started having social media accounts was because all my friends had them and encouraged me to get one too (Facebook, Snapchat, Youtube, Twitter, and Tumblr but I signed up for Insta on my own to play an app game). I ended up deleting my Twitter a few months ago, and I've lost interest in the other main platforms except for Youtube. I also occasionally use Facebook to talk to friends (since its the only way some people communicate) and join groups. However, I don't really like posting anything about myself and I don't socialize that much on my own so I was only using them to scroll mindlessly for the most part.

I think in general it is OK to be on social media as long as you use it with purpose, especially since it's everywhere these days. Like some people mentioned before me, it's useful if you're connecting with friends and family, or if you're using it for business purposes. If not for Tumblr and Instagram I wouldn't have found a lot of cool independent businesses to shop from, for example. Someone mentioned that they learned new things from social media and when it comes to that I think social media can be a good starting point to learn more information about certain topics. But if you find yourself on it just to scroll endlessly and find that the entire day has gone by, I think it helps to re evaluate your relationship with social media. I also think it's okay not to use it at all if you don't want to.

01.06.2021 02:58:37
audippy
Level 17
Sex Appeal: 3896
Reasonopia
08.05.2022 21:02:56
audippy

I use socially media so I can keep up with friends. I never post except for my spam tik tok which has my 18 closest friends. I think social media is only damaging if you make it. I think it can be a positive thing unless used wrong...

08.05.2022 21:02:56
slut
LVX
LVX
Level 24
Sex Appeal: 10205
Secville
09.05.2022 18:51:37
LVX

I use it very rarely.

09.05.2022 18:51:37
Luciie in the Skyee
Level 13
Sex Appeal: 1571
Secville
09.05.2022 19:25:35
Luciie in the Skyee

i deleted social media quite a while ago..it has been great! it made me a lot happier as i realised id always unconciously be comparing myself to others, now i feel a lot more confident in myself

09.05.2022 19:25:35
peace &love xox
Xamantha
Level 49
Sex Appeal: 91420
Secville
08.06.2022 20:44:04
Xamantha

i still keep my social media but i made them all private with very few friends and use it rarely 

08.06.2022 20:44:04
                                                                                                   xxXXamanthaXxx
you take some chocolate and some lobster and some eggs and some pie, and then you mix it in your body and shit it all out :))))))

HelloKatie
Level 23
Sex Appeal: 9468
Secville
19.06.2022 01:09:29
HelloKatie

I don't use it often, but when I do. I seek Sanrio or other aesthetic posts.

19.06.2022 01:09:29
Clitoriaaa
Level 29
Sex Appeal: 18760
Secville
07.07.2022 17:41:05
Clitoriaaa

thas crazy cuz i jus wrote a paper on how social media exposure impacts cognitive and behavioral development mostly negatively
i've def gotten away from social media over the years esp w the rise of tiktok and the imitation of mental illness for clout, i think thats so ass and p much the only reason i have insta is to post my fits

07.07.2022 17:41:05

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...