Post-Election Update Concerns

Created
reivalentine
Level 69
Sex Appeal: 257592
Agnostica
04.02.2020 10:02:14
reivalentine

Good day and many thanks for bringing this issue up.

Sadly, this issue reminds me of the bodyguard scandal from the old missbimbo site (which I have spent real money on before it's closure.)

Many bimbos cease spending real money and instantly quit the game.

Thought Bimboland would be different but after seeing this, I've decided to cease all real money expendature on this site too.

Thank you, Madam PB. Eventhough this issue arrised on the very first day of your leadership, you willingly took position to help other bimbos and states as well. 

04.02.2020 10:02:14
✿Contests✿:Office:Pollyx&Katrynah♥️Spirit:Audrey♥️Grow:Lolsie♥️Egg:Bxdcherri
✿Electons✿:Pollyx♥️Audrey_Lynn♥️HoneyBeee♥️PrincessPixie♥️HaloBear8♥️ Craigslist-Stripper♥️Hera_♥️
honorscollege
Level 104
Sex Appeal: 885798
Reasonopia
04.02.2020 10:58:40
honorscollege

reivalentine wrote:
Good day and many thanks for bringing this issue up.

Sadly, this issue reminds me of the bodyguard scandal from the old missbimbo site (which I have spent real money on before it's closure.)

Many bimbos cease spending real money and instantly quit the game.

Thought Bimboland would be different but after seeing this, I've decided to cease all real money expendature on this site too.

Thank you, Madam PB. Eventhough this issue arrised on the very first day of your leadership, you willingly took position to help other bimbos and states as well. 

What is the bodyguard scandal? I played MB briefly but wasn't really around for the drama.

04.02.2020 10:58:40
She/her pronouns. 25 years old. Semi-inactive.
Sandi Lut
Level 280
Sex Appeal: 25250007
Antitheocra
04.02.2020 11:24:47
Sandi Lut

I sent Sachem a link to this thread with a request to read this urgently. Normally Sachem never ever responds to messages and maybe doesn't even read them. But he is the ONLY one who can change this back.
I still think it's weird to make a change like this and I can't understand why they would do this. I do know that the owner of the site (Sweetasnuts) like to mess with us (check his posts in the forum and you'll know what I mean). So I suspect him of doing this just to stir things up.

But since nobody knows for sure and Team BImbo went completely silent all of a sudden we can only guess why. But if this update stays like this then I am going to stop spending money at least, maybe even quit. It takes a lot of fun out of the game.

04.02.2020 11:24:47
Happiness is inside yourself

reivalentine
Level 69
Sex Appeal: 257592
Agnostica
04.02.2020 11:42:00
reivalentine

honorscollege wrote:
What is the bodyguard scandal? I played MB briefly but wasn't really around for the drama.
TLDR: Bodyguard = Pimp

Missbimbo (old site) had this forced change.
There were high drama and mass revolts yet the bimbos were still forced to have bodyguards/pimps.
Whatever you earn by job or even pay with real money will be deducted.
The more you earned/pay with real money, the more you had to pay the bodyguard (pimp) a.k.a protection money.

Further reading here as posts are long:

04.02.2020 11:42:00
✿Contests✿:Office:Pollyx&Katrynah♥️Spirit:Audrey♥️Grow:Lolsie♥️Egg:Bxdcherri
✿Electons✿:Pollyx♥️Audrey_Lynn♥️HoneyBeee♥️PrincessPixie♥️HaloBear8♥️ Craigslist-Stripper♥️Hera_♥️
Trillien
Level 29
Sex Appeal: 18721
Atheista
04.02.2020 13:21:23
Trillien

As someone fairly new to this site it's really fucking bizarre how hands-off the developers and staff of Bimboland are with the website. I've never seen a website where moderators and higher-ups have this much trouble with talking to the administrators. And frankly, it's pretty disappointing. There doesn't seem to be any obvious way to get in contact with them outside of the bug report form at the bottom of the page.

I'll give Kimsim credit, they responded pretty quickly to my request through the bug report form for a refund when I accidentally paid for Senator this month, but it's still rather odd how hard it is to talk to a staff member here.

04.02.2020 13:21:23
Telaphone
Level 73
Sex Appeal: 310695
Agnostica
04.02.2020 14:42:24
Telaphone

What's an election these days without a scandal?

04.02.2020 14:42:24
torrenoia
Level 70
Sex Appeal: 267770
Atheista
04.02.2020 14:51:19
torrenoia

Sandi Lut wrote:
I still think it's weird to make a change like this and I can't understand why they would do this. I do know that the owner of the site (Sweetasnuts) like to mess with us (check his posts in the forum and you'll know what I mean). So I suspect him of doing this just to stir things up.

But since nobody knows for sure and Team BImbo went completely silent all of a sudden we can only guess why. But if this update stays like this then I am going to stop spending money at least, maybe even quit. It takes a lot of fun out of the game.
lol i was right, this site is just a social experiment

tb are such assholes, oh well at least they can be assured now that i am never going to renew my senatorship or give them more of my real money for their poorly managed, broken, rigged site ever again :) and i doubt i will be the only one

04.02.2020 14:51:19
they/them | (in a thick new yorker accent) ey im meowin ova here!!
meerkat
Level 40
Sex Appeal: 50067
Atheista
04.02.2020 15:56:50
meerkat

Sandi Lut wrote:
I sent Sachem a link to this thread with a request to read this urgently. Normally Sachem never ever responds to messages and maybe doesn't even read them. But he is the ONLY one who can change this back.

i agree with everything thats been said but reading this took me out a bit. the fact that the people who run the site are busy having a weirdo little roleplay going instead of communicating with their user base, especially those that actually pay them is....a lot. it's very delusional and they need quite a reality check. like why push things somewhere where your users clearly don't want them to go. like i'd think you'd want to keep your base and appeal to new players as well and clearly most people are here for a little escapism, to make some pretty outfits and have fun so why would anyone want to come on here and get stressed out or competitive or political or whatever they've been trying to push for i guess years. very strange. 

04.02.2020 15:56:50

craigslist-stripper
Level 163
Sex Appeal: 3455300
Agnostica
04.02.2020 16:23:45
craigslist-stripper

this whole situation is a mess

honestly i find it kind of funny that right after this site's profitability doubles due to a viral post on tumblr (ie, team bimbo had nothing to do with it) they have to make a change so bad people are threatening to leave/stop paying. they really couldnt just accept the 20,000 new signups, 10-15 new senator subscriptions. i was just telling my friends the other week that bimboland is cool because all of their updates are something the players want, and people don't complain, unlike reddit or youtube where changing the color of a button sends people into fits of rage. but then by some sort of divine irony team bimbo makes the worst update ever and i dont think anyone likes it

anyways i agree with everyone above that this is a bad decision, and will just incentivize people to vote for their own state rather than someone they think will make a good prime bimbo. also it doesnt reward people from other states who voted the winning prime bimbo, which is kind of a slap in the face. that you can vote for someone, they win, and then someone who didnt vote for them gets a reward just because they picked the most popular club while joining. 

are team bimbo trying to encourage everyone to spend $10 to join the two biggest states? because i dont see any point in making it so that only the largest states have a chance to win the bonuses, and then increasing the price to change states (because i do see people joining atheista/freethinkerland to try and get future bonuses. no way am i going to get them here in agnostica, may as well increase my odds to 50/50). rings eerily similar to team bimbo refusing to put a warning on the boob job screen saying that it's broken & will ruin the game for you. likely in hopes that people will spend $5 to do the surgery and then $5 to fix it. i count 100 diamonds as $1 because collecting 1000 diamonds would take weeks, they want you to drop $5-10 and buy the diamonds for these types of things

i will give team bimbo until the next PB elections. i'm not going to cancel my paid membership over $10 worth of gifts for everyone in atheista, but if this doesnt change by the next PB election i will cancel my membership because it shows the site owners dont care about keeping their userbase happy.

please pay attention to us, kimsim & sachem :((

04.02.2020 16:23:45

TewDea
Level 26
Sex Appeal: 13619
Agnostica
04.02.2020 17:23:48
TewDea

Thanks for using the platform to say something about the negative impact, FWN.

If we could pressure for transparency, I'd like to know what the reasoning behind this update was. Actually there's a list of things I'd like transparency in that are tangentially related here:

- Announcing updates before they happen with dates and times is a MUST. With estimated update length included in the announcement. This is basically a standard in games nowadays unless a game patches similarly to how League does. 
- "Patch notes" of sorts in which all changes that are going to occur, as well as the reasoning and explanation behind those changes, are a MUST. Especially in a game that wants to be an internet republic.
- Feedback threads PRIOR to updates in which players can discuss the potential positives and negatives of coming changes before they're added to the site. A public beta-analysis discussion, if you will.
- A system to know exactly who proposed, approved, and supported the above changes before they were made. Accountability to hold to each person in charge of the site making such egregious and unfair changes that can dramatically impact the landscape and economy of Bimboland. This is less probable because accountability whomst? But the above things should be considered bare minimum, absolutely necessary. 

Again, FWN, thanks for saying your piece and supporting everybody's play experience here. 

04.02.2020 17:23:48

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...