Prime Ximbo:
Treasury (USD):

Ximboland Clock

My Tale when i was a Techie 10 years ago!

Created
Author
Melkanea

Poll: FIRST READ IT AND THEN VOTE!

Please LOG IN to vote.
Melkanea
Level 31
Sex Appeal: 22520
Reasonopia
13.06.2017 15:40:39
Melkanea

I was a techie at a really small firm in Paraguay S.A., only 3+ supervisors. We were open until 20. We sold computers and repaired hardware but not operating systems. Pre-installed, what is that? Please refer to Microsoft. Google? LOL!  

It was a long time ago, so please imagine the small details. Paraguay has a humidity of 80% and 32°C in the shadows at 10 in summer. Air-conditioning is a luxury and we have stand ventilators. But one summer night, around 18-19 or so...  

**|J:caller B:me** 

*Call comes in*

>J: My name is "J", I'm this old and have a problem.
>B: Hello, you are talking to "B". How can I be of assistance?
>J: My computer is giving me an error. I bought it last year at your firm.
>B: Please describe me the error or tell me the color of the screen?
>J: The screen goes blue with an error code. This is the code       
*Ohh crap ... blue screen of death! Either reboot or call Microsoft, if it isn't a hardware error*  
>B: this error code refers to an OS error. I'm sorry but you must call Microsoft to fix this! 
>J: I know, I called. They closed at 18.   
*Supervisor comes up cause we need to have our meeting. Bah, we live in Paraguay. He wants to close early, since no one ever needed anything after 18. The only reason why we closed at 20 was because it was the owners idea to be special.* 
>B: The only thing I can do is pick up the pc and reinstall as a service. We will fix it in 2 days. 
*(Rant in 3... 2... 1...!!!) J was actually clear, calm and serious.*   
>J: I really need this computer to work today because of a serious reason...  
*(can't remember, if it was work or family but it was the best reason one could have given me at that time)*  
>B: I am not really sure how I could help you since it's an OS error. This is normal, we've had several complaints about this version  
*Supervisior yells my name...* 
*mute mic*  
*yell back give me 10 min, I'll close up!*  

>J: To be honest you are my last hope, I need it to work! Could you help me reinstall it?   
>J: I have never done it and I'm afraid, besides they said that an idiot could install it. I'm not an idiot, they are idiots for making a crappy product.   

*Triggered my revolutionary anti-Microsoft, open source spark... lel I have never had a support call like this, I'm intrigued.*  
>B: Ok, to reinstall it, you will need a copy, do you have one?  
>J: yes  
>B: Place it into the CD-drive and reboot.  
>J: Nothing happens and it goes back to the blue screen of death... 

*Cd-rom is not selected as first boot device... gotta get into the bios.*

>B: Ok, stay calm, this is going to be tricky. Once you reboot, immediately start pressing DEL repeatedly. A hidden menu will appear. That is called the bios.*  
>J repeats instructions... bip... keyboard hitting sounds 
>J: it is back at the BSoD  
>B: Then you missed it, start hitting and then reboot!  
>J keybord hitting... bip... keyboard hitting...  
>J:There is a green screen menu*

*Supervisior comes and tells me to stop the call, since it's over the time...*
>B: overtime my ass, we're open until 20! 
*(boss knows me and I'm safe!)*
*I just showed a noob the first secret of them all! I'm not ending this now besides I already have the key, since I'm the one who is going to open! Corrupt bastard, admin type who once in his life reinstalled something, your fat wife is the bosses sister SOB... is what I wanted to say... However, J is still waiting at the entrance to the Matrix!*  

>B: With the key buttons, move to the last tab of the menu. There will be a boot option. This boot option has to say CD-Rom.  
>J: Yeah, I figured out that by reading. What else is here, what can I do with this menu??? WOW!  
>B: J, seriously please don't touch anything else here or we could damage your pc and then we WILL need to get it fixed at our service!
*(Yep, overclock that thing and bye bye, no safety rom in a class C electronics of S.A.)*  
>J: OK, understood. Now what...???? (J exited the bios, I could tell)  
>B: go to the last tab, save and exit. enter  
>J: BIP... it is loading something at the top  
>B: EXCELLENT! Now it is a step by step easy setup, Win98 will guide you through the rest...  
>J: no it wont, I have this x version.  
>B: OMG! Why did they sell a normal user that version, that version is for someone like me or a programmer??? 
>J: Microsoft, you know....  
>B: i knooowww!!!  
>J: Could you help me step by step?*
*I'm like I can but seriously don't want to, this would take 3 hours at least. Maaaaaann universe you had to pick me today? out of my head*
>B: ok but you owe me dinner! laugh 
>J: laughs! DEAL! 
>B: ok but you gotta give me a little time to get the manual for this.
*Couldn't find it, someone must be using it at home... crap. Only option is to install it by guiding J step by step... Im using linux, no pc at the firm has an W... Linux + Windows.  AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA, one has to die! Google? LOL. Couldn't find his version of Win98, but I do have a similar one... it'll have to do. Time to unearth another pc to use.  
search mainboard + proc ... harddrive... mem... video card (cus GPUs were something new, rofl) hotwire that thing to a keyboard a mouse and a screen all in 20min or less...* 
>J: plays elevator music 
>B: WTF? J ARE YOU THERE??? 
>J: Yeah I'm here, I just felt it was appropriate while I waited...
*OMG, who the fuck is this guy??? Is he trolling me???? BIP... Mine boots up and loads...*
>B: Are you still waiting at the first Win98 install screen? 
>J: Of course. 
>B: great... Do this... and that 
>J: Ok ok ok ok ok
*and so on and so forth, UNTIL!!! until I realized I fucked up! There was one different setting and yeah the universe praised me with a second try! 
J was cool about it, he said we are human we make mistakes, hence Microsoft... we realized we were of similar minds and even as we had a hard battle with our machines, we had a strange but fun game night.  
While I was still there the in morning, the lovely supervisor cames in again.

*Eventually, it worked out J was out of his mind, couldn't believe he managed to do it, neither was I!  
 I was expecting a third or fourth try, ending in me marrying his sister in law... hahaha*  
*call ends*  
*Supervisor asked me WTH is going on... phone rings! Not me, I dont care, not my call, I'm done for the week!*
>X: I want to talk to the supervisor... I have something to report  
>**HEAVY RANTING!!!**   
*one could hear her screaming*   
>S: Yes ma'am, what can I help you with?   
**HEAVY RANTING!!!**   
*one could hear her screaming louder*  

10 min pass, supervisor hangs up.  

Cheese white, silently talks to me. Come with me, I'll drive you to get you some breakfast. Where would you like to go?  
It was the brother in law of the sister in law... or some other strange "conexión familiar", that is the norm in paraguay  
I never took his job, but the supervisor became my B****  

Had 2 great years until the company shut down, I would have loved to own that place!  
 **SNAP!**   
I'm still friends with J!    

Btw, the key word to the error puzzle is **"MILENIUM"**   

Thank you very much for reading this very very very long call.  
Want a techie potato? Google it! hahahaha   

Kudos from Brandynette 

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE NOW!

13.06.2017 15:40:39
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695423
Freethinkerland
13.06.2017 23:06:12
HeavenLeighBimbo

Will read and vote, better when I'm less distracted by 'Bimbo's'.  My help-line has been very busy today with Cheat report's......
   Help-line's are always a source of amusement and frustration,  no matter which end one finds themselves ON....

I tend to PLAY with bored, people in call center's.....   Hell, they are making enough to buy oatmeal for dinner....  May as well send them home, with a story to tell to the family  while being 'pissed-off' at the Stupid American.....  
  What is World economics any how, without such simple pleasures?

I have a ban-hammer......
   Life is simple.....   NOT !

13.06.2017 23:06:12
Image result for winter wonderland banner
Melkanea
Level 31
Sex Appeal: 22520
Reasonopia
17.10.2017 15:36:22
Melkanea

Dont worry this post didnt make it far

17.10.2017 15:36:22

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...