Money

Created
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695423
Freethinkerland
19.11.2015 09:10:19
HeavenLeighBimbo

Money :  We never seem to have enough of it.
If our needs are met, do we ever stop trying to get more?
Debate about it,  form an opinion.
I think everyone loves to spend money.

19.11.2015 09:10:19
Image result for winter wonderland banner
Floydthatcrazylass
Level 10
Sex Appeal: 769
Agnostica
22.11.2015 11:28:45
Floydthatcrazylass

If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free; if our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed. ~ Edmund Burke
I think Eddy hit the nail on the head with that little statement. Taking control of your finances is the way to go. However this can be easier said than done, especially in this modern age. Let's face it collectively as a species we love money. Why wouldn't we? Our society has made it so that money can get you all the wonderful things that make our lives a little easier to live in, like that shiny new iPhone, that 'must have' outfit and that much needed holiday to Barbados (unless you live in Barbados, then I guess you'd go to... Ermmm Scotland? (~_^) I don't know). Anyway if we have money then we can do pretty much anything (within reason and depending on HOW much money 'we' have). No material object or article in life is free and if we want these things we are going to have to pay for them. The saying that the best things in life are free is humble and thought provoking and... not actually very comforting to hear when you are in financial peril. Yes love and kindness and friendship and rainbows and stars and sunny days and bird song are all very lovely and nice to experience, but when you are at risk of losing your basic needs like food, warmth and shelter, they don't really satisfy you the way they would if you do have a cosy house and a fridge full of sustenance.**
Recently, during one of my very rare visits to my village church, our vicar was talking about poverty and what our community is doing to help those in need. Now coincidentally that day the local homeless lady had popped in to listen to the sermon, and between my sons adamant screeches to leave the church, because he has an irrational fear of churches (seriously, this is an actual thing he has!), I manage to hear our vicar mention that you can get a hot meal at least once a day within our nearest city for free, all at different location throughout the city mind you and never at the same place. Well this opened a hornets nest! The homeless lady releases a string of obscenities basically saying that the whole thing was a pile of bull poopie before storming out of the church still ranting. Well our vicar brushes off the incident by saying that it is a shame some poor souls don't want to accept the help offered to them. Yet this got me thinking.One hot meal a day and never at the same place. How are these penniless people getting around the city to receive these meals? Are they about to spend the very sparse amount of cash they have on an (extortionate) bus ticket to go get said meal? I know I wouldn't, I am reluctant to spend money on public transport anyway because the prices here are so steep (need to get that £$^%&*! driving licence!!). So putting myself in the shoes of this homeless individual I can understand her annoyance (I wouldn't have worded it in such a manner, also I don't think she was quite sober). It's easy to say that you should be happy with what you've got and to accept the kindness of others no matter how small when YOU have a place to go at night and food to eat and a radiator to rub yourself against when it is freaking freezing outside (like it is here today).Switch places with someone who actually only has the clothes on their back, and those clothes are past their prime, then you might start to think differently.
The point of this essay (honestly I am terrible at consolidating stuff) is that you actually need money in order to NOT need it. I read somewhere that statistically a single person living alone is genuinely happiest when they are earning about £25,000 a year (I think that works out to be $37978.75). That's enough money to live comfortably, pay bills, mortgage/rent, transportation, food cost etc and have some left over for leisure, gifts, treats and so on. When we have all of these bases covered that's when we take the time to sit back and look at the world and admire the things that are free (see list above for free things). This is when we can truly enjoy these free aspects of life. I think I might have deviated a bit from the quote above but unless you are willing to be a monk or a nun then you are going to need a certain amount of money to be happy. Currently I'm about to enter into some financial difficulties (starting 2016, yay), so I had to sit down and ponder what I could do to cut costs (wish I'd know about these difficulties before I paid out for B$'s, le sigh), and not being able to give my family the lifestyle they had grown accustomed to really made me feel guilty and disheartened. We have the love and the laughter and the special moments that money can't buy but, will those moments still be as prevalent when the money is gone?
To conclude this monotonous speech I will slap this on the table; command your money well if you want to be happy, because either it will be all you have, leading to an empty existence, or it will be all gone and so will your freedom.

**Possibly a candidate for the longest sentence written this year. ≧ω≦ 

22.11.2015 11:28:45
HAS LEFT THE SITE!
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695423
Freethinkerland
24.11.2015 07:54:23
HeavenLeighBimbo

That was a very impressive lesson about money.  I was actually very stunned for a few days and had to digest it, for all its true value.

The value of money is always changing.  One day it may be a pair of boots, the next it may be your rent.  The value of money is also very different between person to person.  A person making $38,000 per year values that money differently than a person making 1.6 million a year.  Now lets add in location the money is spent.  I have two homes both of equal value. One is nearly twice the size, yet the taxes are lower and the cost of living is less expensive. That same 38,000 dollars if earned in a different part of the country, instantly has more value when I return home and spend it.

Inflation is also a huge concern of mine. The USA, is out of control with the printing of worthless bank notes.  Printing our way out of debt while increasing welfare benefits, and illegal immigration, and supporting wars all over the planet, is going to make the dollar meaningless as a financial instrument for commerce.   I have real silver and gold coins.  Do you?   You should have at least a small stash, just in case.

In the short term, inflation is a slow and silent killer of wealth.
  I refuse to use banks, because of this fact: Inflation is rising faster than the interest rates on savings accounts.  Banks can borrow money from the government, at 0% interest, so paying you 0.5% is charity, really. Free money in every sense of the word.  Except for those who want it NOW. Debt is how banks make money.  Interest rates payed by you the consumer of up to 25+% for money you didn't have but wanted or needed NOW.  I scream at my children for going into debt, but it has become almost a right of passage into adulthood to take on a monthly payment for a car and house.  Everyone must play for keeps when it comes to money.

24.11.2015 07:54:23
Image result for winter wonderland banner
Liliwen Nissa
Level 8
Sex Appeal: 372
Atheista
28.11.2015 20:35:19
Liliwen Nissa

I believe that our society is categorized and layered by money. Many people like to say that social mobility exists but, in my experience, I have not met many people my age who have become more financially successful than their parents. In fact, it's quite the opposite; many of my friends are earning less than their parents. I personally can only dream of earning the same amount as my mother did at my age. Our current economy is in shambles, a degree that is not focused on Maths, IT or science, is practically worthless. The unemployment rate is high, the cost of living is high, the rent prices are climbing and the housing market is some sort of inaccessible fortress for young renters. As Floydthatcrazylass so cleverly pointed out, you require money for the basics. At the moment my partner's wages and mine are covering these basics, such as food, water, electricity, gas, insurance, the use of a car (which is vital to get to our jobs) and rent, but beyond this, we don't have much disposable income. All our additional savings go to our little girl, in the hope that she might be able to do better than us later in life. 

Practically, without any substantial disposable income, our opportunities are limited. Adam and I can't go back to university to re-train ourselves and secure more lucrative careers. We can't get on the property ladder without a substantial deposit or apply for a mortgage, because our income is deemed too low. Yet buying a house is cheaper than renting with the current low interest rates, meaning that we would gain £100 a month if we would only be granted a mortgage. We can't afford to quit our minimum wage jobs and volunteer at organisations to gain valuable experience, because we have bills to pay and a child to support. What I'm trying to say is that money gives you the chance to make more money. Money gives us the freedom and security to make profitable but risky investments; if you are financially minded, you can make an immense profit if you only have enough starting capital.
For example, if a family member would loan me a 100,000 pounds interest free and tell me to pay it back to him within twenty years, I would buy a house with it. Whilst living in this newly bought house, I would be saving up what I would have been paying in rent (Like £6000 a year) and renovate it.  In twenty years time, I will have saved up enough to buy another house mortgage free and made 120,000 profit through savings alone. I can then sell the house, hopefully with a profit and get maybe another 10,000. If a sale is not successful, I can pay back the 100,000 and rent out the house, getting £6000 a year. It's all very economical but my main point is, that if I only had the money, I would be likely to become rich. 

28.11.2015 20:35:19
BambiDoll
Level 19
Sex Appeal: 5564
Atheista
03.12.2015 11:16:30
BambiDoll

The other day I got paid for the job I started last month. Since I'm new, I only got £100 for November because of the cut off point (will get the rest with my even bigger pay for December!). I was thinking of putting it towards something sensible or saving it up, but my mum insisted I treat myself to one thing I really wanted, because I'd worked hard for it. So I bought a pair of amazing £150 leather boots I'd been looking at for ages (Used my staff discount and got them for £90!!). I keep wondering if it was a silly thing to do, but I'm currently living at home and there's nothing I need to pay for right now. I'm also so busy working that I don't have time to spend money on my social life at the minute... nor do I want to waste it on drinking! My next pay will be going into a bank account, so why not treat myself to something substantial I've wanted for ages?

03.12.2015 11:16:30
Jecaaa
Level 61
Sex Appeal: 180781
Freethinkerland
02.07.2020 20:44:34
Jecaaa

I don't know how to make more money.. 

02.07.2020 20:44:34

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...