Author
TokiKonoe
railophone
Level 64
Sex Appeal: 204309
Freethinkerland
17.10.2019 19:39:15
railophone

Oh no, I totally understand. I think we sometimes forget that contests aren’t mandatory. Fashion is such a big part of the game, and I think FOMO is real with contests - not to downplay the unfairness because I agree that it is unfair to a certain extent. And yeah, as you level up and spend more time here, I think there will be less spending in general, but I think newbies that really want to participate anyway will continue to struggle to come up with actual winning outfits. Most contest winners are players who have been here for a while now, and they already have that base to work off of, like Alex said. 

Anyway, I think now knowing this sort of thing could happen, that it could be a good idea to define it in the rules when creating a new contest - moving forward. For those who don’t want to allow this (or do want to allow it, I guess), they can explicitly state that from the start so we know what to expect. 
To go along with that, if a contest allows screenshotting rather than buying, I think judging should be stricter, since they literally have limitless opportunity.

17.10.2019 19:39:15
You can't keep doing shitty things and then feel bad about yourself like that makes it okay. You need to be better. -S3E10 Bojack Horseman
Alexstrasza
Level 200
Sex Appeal: 6641010
Agnostica
17.10.2019 20:02:04
Alexstrasza

No matter what the system is like, it'll be unfair towards someone. And if I have to make a choice I'd rather support the long-term players and payin' for outfits. New players are awesome and it's even better when they stay and continue playin', but most people quit before they get to level 20 and caterin' to them is probs not the best idea :/ So I agree with you Railophone, maybe contests have to include this in their rules if it's an important factor. I really like that this contest has a "no flipping or editing images" rule. I just don't know how you'd define this as a rule: "you must show your outfit being worn on your profile"? It's kinda difficult to even prove that someone did it like this. For instance, what Bambi and Railophone do 'cuz they're runnin' outta outfit slots would appear the same as someone who didn't even buy the items for their looks :/ 

17.10.2019 20:02:04
Such misplaced zeal... Their eyes remain closed to the true path. Not like you... my devoted Chosen...
TokiKonoe
Level 264
Sex Appeal: 18622237
Freethinkerland
17.10.2019 20:14:46
TokiKonoe

I think it's good to have some talk about this thing...
Items for this and our previous contests have been affordable. In this contest nobody needs 30k dress to win, more likely they should purchase these 630B$ pumpkins and go through the scary section in shops :D
Of course I understand the struggle of newbies but in the end we all have been there... So if they keep playing and learning, eventually they will success. 

Isn't it even a little disrespectful towards the contest itself, hosts and other participants to send a screenshot from shops instead of using items that they actually own? :S I mean, while hosts use their real time and effort to entertain bimbos and may even themselves purchase stuff from shops to make example outfits (like I had to do for 4th round :PPPP ). Not to mention all the work and messages we have to send away to keep things running. Hosting contests is really fun especially it has been great with Bambi but the least bimbos could do is to put their real effort to it too :)
And while other participants use what they own and/or save B$ to purchase what they need, there is someone who goes to shops, find the items they need and send then a screenshot of it...? Luckily it's not possible for DQFC, and it's an automatic contests! Nobody has to make banners, send messages to primebimbo, kimsim and in this case even forum moderator to keep things running.... 

I guess the only way to prevent this happening is to ask bimbos send the actual images - not uploaded ones. It's easy to check just by opening their image. I totally get their concerns about those images disappearing thanks to our flawed image system, but I have saved every single outfit of this contest and each participant has their own file on my laptop now, it also makes looking at their overall looks easier. And I also message bimbos if their images don't show. So it shouldn't be a problem.... 
One of the main reasons I added no editing/no flipping to rules is that we saw some edits/flipped images in the previous contest and sure they could have been just screenshots from shops too :///

17.10.2019 20:14:46
Alexstrasza
Level 200
Agnostica
17.10.2019 20:26:55
Alexstrasza

It is quite a bit disrespectful, especially if you do it repeatedly and systematically. But I don't think Sandi meant anythin' bad by it and it really wasn't my intention to besmirch his good name :( 

You're right Toki, we've all been there. And while gettin' B$ takes longer than spendin' it (LOL), most new items tend to be intentionally cheaper so people can afford 'em. And in my opinion, the new stuff tends to be of a higher quality than the old stuff - especially the really old stuff. And yeah, at the end of the day all the contests are optional (well, kinda, it's really hard for me to resist enterin' like every contest xD).

17.10.2019 20:26:55
Such misplaced zeal... Their eyes remain closed to the true path. Not like you... my devoted Chosen...
TokiKonoe
Level 264
Freethinkerland
17.10.2019 20:29:33
TokiKonoe

Noo, Sandi always has a special place in my heart :) 
But it would upset me (as a host and as a participant) if someone won with totally borrowed outfit when someone else has put some real effort in their outfit in the same time.... 

Omg the real old stuff, they are totally taken from the very first bimbo game, MaBimbo, which had totally different design.... :S 

17.10.2019 20:29:33
Sandi Lut
Level 280
Sex Appeal: 25259852
Antitheocra
17.10.2019 21:05:08
Sandi Lut

I have to say that I only told Alex that as sort of a joke in the forum somewhere. I did enter a contest once with borrowed clothes (a dress) but I never intended to cheat or so. I didn't win either and I was glad I didn't because I did feel bad about it. It was never my intention to encourage anyone to cheat and was really surprised Alex bringing it up. I don't appreciate that my name is being used to encourage "cheating" either. I am all for short cuts like the trick to score maximum on the memory games but not to use clothes you don't have in a contest :)

17.10.2019 21:05:08
Happiness is inside yourself

railophone
Level 64
Sex Appeal: 204309
Freethinkerland
17.10.2019 21:10:43
railophone

This all sounds good. I’ll start doing the original way of posting outfits again, and I’ll just save my outfit on my computer to ease my paranoia lol :P 

I’m glad we were all able to have a really good thorough discussion on this!! It was super respectful and has eased my mind. 

17.10.2019 21:10:43
You can't keep doing shitty things and then feel bad about yourself like that makes it okay. You need to be better. -S3E10 Bojack Horseman
Alexstrasza
Level 200
Agnostica
17.10.2019 21:11:01
Alexstrasza

I would never have mentioned it if you hadn't said it in public Sandi :( I swear I didn't mean to cause you harm with this and I'm really sorry!

17.10.2019 21:11:01
Alexstrasza
Level 200
Agnostica
18.10.2019 04:15:00
Alexstrasza

In other news, someone's started downvotin' a bunch of outfits in the 2nd round of the Spookfest :/ Charming!

18.10.2019 04:15:00
TokiKonoe
Level 264
Freethinkerland
18.10.2019 08:00:11
TokiKonoe

Alexstrasza wrote:
In other news, someone's started downvotin' a bunch of outfits in the 2nd round of the Spookfest :/ Charming!
Yeah, I don't even see a logic in those down votes. Sadly it happens in many contests. I have no idea what it could be about, maybe jealousy? 

18.10.2019 08:00:11

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...