Created
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Sex Appeal: 1695438
Freethinkerland
02.10.2015 17:08:24
HeavenLeighBimbo

Good day Bimbolanders.

I was very surprised to see that I had won the election for Prime Bimbo.  There was no election debate at all, so most of you do not know what my plans for the game are.  I really didn't want to run for the office, but in keeping with the true base; political nature of the game, I wanted a real election this time around. Right now the game has been developed with some goals to work on, with the city that recently came online.  Many other gaming features are still being worked upon.  There were so many great ideas that came about during the past 8 months, the trick now is to keep the staff at Blighty LTD, motivated to work on making those gaming ideas from everyone become a reality sooner rather than later.  You have elected a politician, not a Bimbo.  My job is to work with the owners of the game as your representative.  It is my opinion that a Prime Bimbo's job is not to be the thought police, not the head cheerleader, nor the queen-bee of the hive.  Socially I don't seek 'butterflies', and I can be completely impartial, and do what is good for the game as a whole.  I have to be honest, some of these changes might not even be very popular.  Fixing a broken leg is never popular ether, but it needs to be done if you ever want to run again.  Some things that hurt are required to be done to fix the body as a whole.  In this case the value of money is going to be my primary focus.  This will benefit the majority of the players. Contest winners might not earn as big of prizes, but I think it is a fair trade-off. I would like to take a small portion of the monthly prizes and set up a lottery instead.  Buy a ticket for 1B$ and maybe win 2000B$.  More people should have the opportunity to win B$, and not have to be the most fashionable to be the winner.  I personally think this actually discourages new players with few clothes in their closets because clothes are SOOOOOO  expensive.  They really have little chance to win anything free.  Lets face facts, everyone loves something for free, even if it is just a lotto ticket.

Wages from Job's, is another priority.  I will be a total PEST about this subject.  The cost of items in shops and beauty studios, is totally outrageous and in general I don't believe that the value for money (B$) for services and reward is close to being balanced out.  Your new Prime Bimbo's only goal is to fix YOUR MONEY.

I would also like to thank Bebe, for working so hard to form a working government from scratch.  She found some talented senators to help along the ideas that only the players themselves could do.  Mandie really impressed me with her enthusiasm and art work in the forum. At this time I am debating about having true state elections for a free senator-ship to the Pink House.  I haven't fully thought out this idea and would like the input of the players.
                  Would your chosen city be able to support a local election for a senator representative in the Pink House?

I would like to explore a little bit of the political nature of the concept for a game.  The fashion side and social side of the game is very obviously done and has taken hold with free flowing conversation and fashion contests.
 I will not be changing anything that works well already.  Building Bimbolands is a team effort.

Thank you for helping Bimbolands become a game fun to play.

02.10.2015 17:08:24
Image result for winter wonderland banner
SuperGlamorousGirl!!
Level 41
Sex Appeal: 54319
Reasonopia
02.10.2015 17:40:58
SuperGlamorousGirl!!

Congrats HLB!
As you said, building Bimbolands is a team effort, I'll be there when help is needed to make this site better. 

02.10.2015 17:40:58
In Reason we trust *REASONOPIA PRIDE*
Remi
Level 8
Sex Appeal: 1624
Secville
02.10.2015 18:32:59
Remi

Congratulations! I hope things go well for you!
On the topic of electing I'm not too sure, I think the current volunteer method works better for senators than election. But I also think each state shouldn't /have/ to have just one senator to represent them.

02.10.2015 18:32:59
Secville's renowned Designer!
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Freethinkerland
02.10.2015 20:05:36
HeavenLeighBimbo

This really has been the question I'm debating inside my own mind too.

Right now I see a trend.  Despite trying to do a census with lack-luster results the fact remains that only a few cities are actually populated at this time.   With so many possible political affiliations possible, and few players in the game that are active posters on the forum it is hard to judge how viable the community is.  In a perfect world my idea is sound  but as Remi pointed out, this is not really feasible right now.  I have the beginnings of a thought about it though.  Allegiances?  Twin cities?
  Freethinkers have many things in common with other political view points.  So it is not impossible that Sectville and Agnostica couldn't become a team till the populations grows a little bit.  This is the complication of a new republic.  I know I'm just going to teach history here, but America didn't become a nation till all the immigrants worked together to end what amounted to taxation without representation.  So how do I put that into the context of Bimboland's.
  Wages are unjust.
  Buying a membership to the game has NO reward !!!  ( A premium member to the game pays for the privilege with NO reward.
 If that was common knowledge, how likely are you to pay to play a free game?)  I'm TAXED, and I don't even care about the B$.
  My worries are more about how I can help make the game more playable for EVERYONE.  I am just a dedicated player without several other Facebook commitments, and other forums to moderate. I really have nothing to gain, and indeed this new assignment is actually a hardship for me.  I have nothing to gain in a game that I don't already have in real life.  I'm who just also  happens to have the ear of the owner of the game.  I'm just going to use my skill set to help this game.  The owner will not always listen to me, but I can be rather persuasive when I want to be.  My interests lay with making the game playable and interesting, and exciting to return too the next day.  Who knows, maybe other players will buy memberships too.

02.10.2015 20:05:36
Mandi
Level 9
Sex Appeal: 1100
Antitheocra
02.10.2015 23:52:10
Mandi

I think having multiple senators per city could be a good thing, it would mean there's more people helping out with projects and answering questions. The forum Remi made for everyone to discuss changes and ideas could help keep the larger number of senators organized and connected. I don't think my chosen state would have enough votes to actually elect any senators by itself at the moment though, but maybe if we revived the old town halls we could see if there's more people interested in their state pride and communities.

02.10.2015 23:52:10
bra hrefhttpoi57tinypiccomo5c9r4jpg target_blankView Raw Imagea
SuperGlamorousGirl!!
Level 41
Sex Appeal: 54319
Reasonopia
03.10.2015 00:52:51
SuperGlamorousGirl!!

I like the multiple senators idea but I don't know if would work since many people is not getting involved. Personally I haven't seen many active players from my state from the beggining. Maybe now there's a little more. Reviving the town halls is a great idea to call new players' attention.

03.10.2015 00:52:51
In Reason we trust *REASONOPIA PRIDE*
Lilliandra
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4534
Freethinkerland
03.10.2015 02:16:08
Lilliandra

Players will come. I came back from Miss Bimbo and left when there was nothing really to do on the site. I came back again and checked it out a few months later only to find that while there still wasn't a lot to do, there was more stuff to do. Slowly, I am re-navigating and again starting to "Join" the game. I think its safe to assume that as the community grows and there are more things to do more people will become active. Perhaps if we could "Visit" cities and see what each separate city has to really offer, perhaps change cities as we learn what each city really offers, cities would level out and each have more players.... if that makes any sense...

03.10.2015 02:16:08
Energy goes where attention flows... we all create our own reality with our thoughts and focus
Lilliandra
Level 18
Sex Appeal: 4534
Freethinkerland
03.10.2015 02:16:36
Lilliandra

By the way... Congrats HLB!

03.10.2015 02:16:36
Energy goes where attention flows... we all create our own reality with our thoughts and focus
HeavenLeighBimbo
Level 129
Freethinkerland
03.10.2015 05:18:16
HeavenLeighBimbo

Lilliandra wrote:
Perhaps if we could "Visit" cities and see what each separate city has to really offer, perhaps change cities as we learn what each city really offers, cities would level out and each have more players.... if that makes any sense...

Freethinkerland is I believe the most populated city, currently.  Yet, there is no city loyalty.

[Speaking only as myself now, and not the PB]

As a political game people have forgotten how to use the forum.  Instead of going to town halls to write their experiences, they chose to instead make new random thoughts of the moment in new threads.  This sort of forum behavior does not build community spirit.  While it is also good to reach out to everyone when communicating, some topics are best left to certain political view points.  City pride cannot exist in a world of individuals.  Right now the name of the city is more important than the city itself.  Free thinker land is the most populated city, but despite repeated attempts at getting players to use the town halls, they still insist upon making new topics that only relate directly to themselves and die after 10 posts, which ever comes first.  So even the citizens still are not comfortable with living in a city of their choosing enough to use the Town Halls for personal updates to fellow city dwellers.  With this being the case that everyone is there own universe, there really is no point in having cities or town halls if everyone has a point of view that they can't even share with their own city as being important to them.  This problem is the players faults.  Each Senator had the last 4 month's to build a city.  I even failed to do so with Freethinkerland. The best I could do was to go to the Founders Inn and Pub.  The dedicated place for randomness.

I can think of at least 8 Freethinker's that I totally adore.  Yet, not a single one has ever bothered to use the town hall.  Why is that the case?
  It wasn't due to my lack of trying..........

For the most part you will find your new Prime Bimbo In the Founders Inn and Pub.  My office away from the office.  I dust off the town hall as needed.  It is a frightful disaster after just 30 days of nothing..........  Sorry I'm not going to bother to sugar coat the obvious.  Beginning the game was flawed with so many different cities.  The population just can't support them.  There is only enough players for one VERY small city right now.
       It is a grand IDEA to be sure !!!
  However we must attract new players for every aspect of this game to be realized,  Again my focus is on the owners of the game.  There is new players joining just long enough to do the math.  Even I wouldn't keep playing unless I hadn't already invested in the project.  I'll dust off the Town Hall once agin, but I totally expect a better result of my hunting hawk trying to eat my chirping parakeet in a cage. Possible but not likely.

03.10.2015 05:18:16
Mandi
Level 9
Sex Appeal: 1100
Antitheocra
03.10.2015 05:38:21
Mandi

All the senators tried to encourage people to use the town halls but there wasn't enough active people to establish communities within each state. Maybe if we found a way to promote state pride the town halls and political aspect of the game could become bigger. Maybe the starting point of state pride is to establish what makes someone a freethinker, a reasonopian, etc. and making a set of values/constitution for each state. We tried to do that with the input of all the citizens but hardly anyone was active at the time.

03.10.2015 05:38:21
bra hrefhttpoi57tinypiccomo5c9r4jpg target_blankView Raw Imagea

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...