Bambi Foxx
Level 58
Sex Appeal: 151705
Freethinkerland
09.06.2019 02:58:57
Bambi Foxx

Day 2

09.06.2019 02:58:57
google logogoogle logogoogle logogoogle logogoogle logo     google logogoogle logogoogle logogoogle logo  See the source image

anio0sia
Level 122
Sex Appeal: 1446589
Freethinkerland
09.06.2019 04:53:45
anio0sia

Ulvhild wrote:
I'm curious about something... There are a lot of entries that even if they're beautiful and well put together strictly speaking aren't from fairytales. Some of them are book references or from Disney movies (so loosely based on fairytales that the characters in question aren't even in them), and therefore don't meet the requirements. Or have I misunderstood, and the rules of these contests are meant to bent and broken?
Lots of Disney films are based on books :) There are now also books based on some Disney films, which could be regarded as fairytales. I think that the month's theme is not restricted to the characters that are proposed in it :) 

09.06.2019 04:53:45
gea13
Level 111
Sex Appeal: 1069066
Antitheocra
09.06.2019 06:52:50
gea13

Day 2.

09.06.2019 06:52:50

liveangel
Level 246
Sex Appeal: 13212923
Reasonopia
09.06.2019 07:01:25
liveangel

Day 1
Day 2

09.06.2019 07:01:25

QueenShebaVIII
Level 33
Sex Appeal: 27519
Atheista
09.06.2019 08:18:44
QueenShebaVIII

I have personally voted for ones that I can see are from fairy tales and are of course most gorgeous and creative. I've seen one or two that I think are from Disney but that doesn't make them Fairy Tales - they would be great if the theme WAS Disney or movies or books or something but Idk, personally I prefer ones that I can see are from Fairy Tales. (Obviously Disney ones that are Fairy Tales are The Little Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella etc. so they're good.) (I've seen a couple of Tinkerbells and I'll count them because they're fairies and they're cute lol!)

09.06.2019 08:18:44
Debate me please! <3
LadyLythtis
Level 66
Sex Appeal: 229007
Agnostica
09.06.2019 09:23:02
LadyLythtis

Hehehe if fairies weren't allowed to represent fairy tales... *hard thinking
I was struggeling with that fairy tale / disney movie difference when I started building something because so many princesses come to mind, but to be honest mostly they are from disney. I would vote for a more loose interpretation. Still, I find somehting a liiiittle annoying. There is no "quality control". We talked somewhere else about that not being possible - workload- and bias-wise. I was for example missing the reference to Glinda (thanks for the post ^^) so someone "policing" entries before the voting could too. On the other hand people will just click what they like and that can easily make us end up with say "Dany for president" ;) I love this entry, I love Dany, but I think GoT is not really a fairy tale ;)
To sum up: We cannot have a quality control, but this way well composed outfits can win which actually do not qualify to enter the theme. It is what it is :)

Did someone answer to
Alexstrasza wrote:
How does the official voting work? I saw different pictures. Is it completely random which 8 get chosen each day for each person? Or does everyone get "equal coverage"? I'm like suuper confused my the official voting :D
We don't know, that's the reason we started such threads a while ago and share our voting screens. We assume everyone does NOT get equal coverage. We know for sure that someone you did NOT vote for on day one can appear to you again on day two which I find really... weird. I was shown the same outfit 4 times one week - it is like begging for that outfit to get my vote and taking up space for others. But all in all: Developers don't explain how it works exactly and we don't know and some of us (me) are disgruntled about it ;)

09.06.2019 09:23:02
anio0sia
Level 122
Freethinkerland
09.06.2019 10:25:28
anio0sia

LadyLythtis wrote:
Hehehe if fairies weren't allowed to represent fairy tales... *hard thinking
I was struggeling with that fairy tale / disney movie difference when I started building something because so many princesses come to mind, but to be honest mostly they are from disney. I would vote for a more loose interpretation. Still, I find somehting a liiiittle annoying. There is no "quality control". We talked somewhere else about that not being possible - workload- and bias-wise. I was for example missing the reference to Glinda (thanks for the post ^^) so someone "policing" entries before the voting could too. On the other hand people will just click what they like and that can easily make us end up with say "Dany for president" ;) I love this entry, I love Dany, but I think GoT is not really a fairy tale ;)
To sum up: We cannot have a quality control, but this way well composed outfits can win which actually do not qualify to enter the theme. It is what it is :)

Did someone answer to
Alexstrasza wrote:
How does the official voting work? I saw different pictures. Is it completely random which 8 get chosen each day for each person? Or does everyone get "equal coverage"? I'm like suuper confused my the official voting :D
We don't know, that's the reason we started such threads a while ago and share our voting screens. We assume everyone does NOT get equal coverage. We know for sure that someone you did NOT vote for on day one can appear to you again on day two which I find really... weird. I was shown the same outfit 4 times one week - it is like begging for that outfit to get my vote and taking up space for others. But all in all: Developers don't explain how it works exactly and we don't know and some of us (me) are disgruntled about it ;)

Do you mean entry no 44 on the poll list? I was looking for any reference to your post ;) because the outfit, at least for me, is just a female version of a knight. A fairytale one. 
This is why choosing appropriate outfits before voting could be unfair. Everyone can go crazy with his creativity and still mean a fairytale character (while others can find similarities to others from movies, for example). If we stuck to one specific image of the given characters, the contest would be more like copying different outfits. 'Coz, did anybody say that only Himbos can become knights? ;)

09.06.2019 10:25:28
LadyLythtis
Level 66
Sex Appeal: 229007
Agnostica
09.06.2019 13:10:58
LadyLythtis

anio0sia wrote:
Do you mean entry no 44 on the poll list? I was looking for any reference to your post ;) because the outfit, at least for me, is just a female version of a knight. A fairytale one. 
This is why choosing appropriate outfits before voting could be unfair. Everyone can go crazy with his creativity and still mean a fairytale character (while others can find similarities to others from movies, for example). If we stuck to one specific image of the given characters, the contest would be more like copying different outfits. 'Coz, did anybody say that only Himbos can become knights? ;)
Oh good you asked because I did not realize she did not enter here :) I must have seen her while officially voting. Liveangel cought her on this picture https://i.imgur.com/zV8Q6qy.png
two posts above mine. Day 1, second row, third picture. Braided white hair, Dragon, Fire, Castle, that is a beautiful (and perfect *_*) version of Daenerys Targaryen  :)
But I completey second your post which is also why I wrote pre-selection cannot happen for exactly that reason.

PS: I totally root for female knights! Go Brienne of Tarth! ;) But she is a very good example too: This is a gorgeous female knight - could be from any fairy tale. Had she had no makeup and a short blond hairdo she would look very much like Brienne - and thus would be from a Book/Film but not fairy tale. Another example that preselection cannot work because it'd be a bitch

09.06.2019 13:10:58
anio0sia
Level 122
Freethinkerland
09.06.2019 13:17:41
anio0sia

Oh, now I get it! :) 

09.06.2019 13:17:41
Starbuck
Level 63
Sex Appeal: 199431
Atheista
09.06.2019 13:47:37
Starbuck

I love this theme. I wasn't super inspired by it, but I'm really loving everyone else's ideas. I especially love the twisted ones, like the Red Riding Hood with a hunting rifle and the Red Riding Hood that's wearing fur and has a bloody knife. Or the wolf in grandma's clothing.

09.06.2019 13:47:37

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...