Level 106
Sex Appeal: 940717
Atheista
30.09.2020 22:42:26
misogynist

Dye96 wrote:
misogynist wrote:
Dye96 wrote:
No, literally no. What I meant was that if some posts cross some lines, I will be here to edit what I have to edit. I did not censor anyone, and as long as no one breaks the forum rules, I will not delete nor edit anything.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  my bad then, it certainly sounded like a threat to me
I am sorry I made it sound like a threat, it was not my intention.
i appreciate you clarifying. sorry for jumping on you like that. there have been too many instances for me where i was brushed off or reprimanded for voicing my concerns here.

30.09.2020 22:42:26
cowboy
Level 33
Sex Appeal: 27585
Atheista
30.09.2020 22:43:09
cowboy

Bimbo Bear wrote:
by the way, I want to raise this concern before the voting happens and not afterward- who's in charge of removing the bots from the vote count? bc OBVIOUSLY, it shouldn't be the incumbent, right? there are multiple people involved in the screening of the vote, righttttt?
The state ministers and the prime bimbo have taken efforts to jail all known active bots before the voting. Some might slip through, but hopefully we won't have an issue with bots this time, unless new ones are made.

30.09.2020 22:43:09

misogynist
Level 106
Sex Appeal: 940717
Atheista
30.09.2020 22:43:24
misogynist

Bimbo Bear wrote:
by the way, I want to raise this concern before the voting happens and not afterward- who's in charge of removing the bots from the vote count? bc OBVIOUSLY, it shouldn't be the incumbent, right? there are multiple people involved in the screening of the vote, righttttt?
afaik, [edit: during my term] FWN is the sole person who removed bot votes. im unsure if anyone else has access to this information [the list of voters] other than the names she shared with us.

30.09.2020 22:43:24
mrburns_untumblrised
Level 35
Sex Appeal: 33478
Atheista
30.09.2020 22:54:27
mrburns_untumblrised

Sandi Lut wrote:
It is weird that many of you mistake criticism with hostility. I already know the other candidates, I don't know meat. That is why I ask questions. I want to get well informed before I vote, that's all :)
bruh it's not weird at all when, as many have already pointed out, meat's is only one of several platforms that partially (to varying degrees) rely on action from TB. and as (i think rightly) it has been pointed out, meat's is arguably the one that relies on it the least. and has alternative options lined up for when there's inevitable resistance from TB. noone has any illusions about the efficacy of strikes etc based on past experience and the proportion of users taking part, but it's ridiculous to give up on the ideals of what the majority of the userbase want (even if theyre not ready to take broad action on it yet) in favour of dull-eyed 'pragmatism'. the only way we'll ever get accountability from TB is by building power and hope for an alternative among the userbase. meatbomb's programme aims at that in a way that starts with realistic small steps that will help inspire hope, but also reveal TB as gatekeepers to those users who dont know the extent of the issues and get those users angry so that they want to take part in the bigger actions like strikes that will actually hold TB to account if theyre widespread enough and hit critical infrastructure 

30.09.2020 22:54:27
have you drunk enough water today?

pour yourself a glass right now

TokiKonoe
Level 264
Sex Appeal: 18621571
Freethinkerland
30.09.2020 23:07:21
TokiKonoe

Whoah, after reading all this....
Anyway, Torrenoia you asked what PB can do without TBs cooperation and I think we all already know that there isn't much PB can do. Basically PB can keep the forums nice and safe with help of Fgs and secretary. Also PB can deal with bots before election days (with help of SMs). Of course there is voting for PBFC theme which isn't much. PB is a person that players can turn to, who can help if there is harassing or some other problems. Sure PB can always go and message TB but from what I have heard in past 2 and half years, it can be a total experience of being ghosted. If PB is more lucky, as Iulja was, they may be listened time to time, like when they started fixing absolutely misplaced items (Iulja started a strike about it back then and it ended up being effective). To me it seems that TB has abandoned the ship and are more inactive than ever and have lost their motivation, so honestly things seem rather bad no matter which perspective you look it at.

I do like meats ideas about involving user base, but then on the other hand it hasn't showed much real effect before. Also I'm afraid that people are not so willing to cancel their senatorships again. If meat gets elected I hope this would work out somehow anyway. 

30.09.2020 23:07:21
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Level 287
Sex Appeal: 28941063
Secville
30.09.2020 23:54:11

I'll try to address everything in one post, if I forget something, please tell me.

1. Yes, my program depends on team bimbo's will to cooperate. I never said it didn't. I was honest and talked about everything that has happened during my terms and I listed things that I want to see happen and things that were promised to me already and didn't happen. I didn't promise to do anything that I'm not able to do without team bimbo. What I do promise is to always be available to people who need help. As I said, you can always message me.

2. I didn't give staff positions to my "friends". Alex and Ulvhild were already FGs for some time before I became a PB and I just let them stay on their positions because, as everyone who knew them can agree, they use to be good FGs. Besides leaving a comment or two on each other's profiles, we never even spoke to each other before I became a PB.

3. I never claimed Alex was my best friend. Friend? Yeah. When we started talking I considered her my friend. She let me down when she showed her real face. But being best friends is not something I take lightly and something I would claim for a person who I've talked to online for a couple months.

4. I don't think I ever went out of my way to tell everyone how I have made lgbt people and poc into staff members. There was a need for such staff members and I knew that of course, but when I looked at the applications, I picked based on personality first and foremost and their ability to deal with stress and important issues, and I didn't do it alone. I picked them out with help from players (I asked FGs and SMs).

5. Cultural appropriation. The problem with this is when people attack users for putting certain items on their dolls, in most cases they can't know who hides behind their avatars, what is their race, what is their intention. It's alright to educate people, not attack them and threaten them with jail time.

30.09.2020 23:54:11
(✿◡‿◡)
Level 287
Sex Appeal: 28941063
Secville
30.09.2020 23:56:48

misogynist wrote:
Bimbo Bear wrote:
afaik, [edit: during my term] FWN is the sole person who removed bot votes. im unsure if anyone else has access to this information [the list of voters] other than the names she shared with us.
I can't remove votes. Team bimbo, detectives and prime bimbo have access to the list of voters but only team bimbo can remove them.

30.09.2020 23:56:48
(✿◡‿◡)
Cum_Dumpster
Level 131
Sex Appeal: 1775393
Freethinkerland
01.10.2020 05:57:31
Cum_Dumpster

Not gonna lie, this... this got a little bit ridiculous. It's literally a thread for asking the possible PB options questions about their platforms, and then people ask questions, and get attacked for asking the questions? For real?
Please try and remember yourselves and the purpose of this thread moving forward. There are a few things that I could absolutely edit or remove in here because they break the "don't be a dick" rule, but I'm going to talk to the other FG's and get their opinions on stuff first.

All that aside, good luck to all participants!! :D

01.10.2020 05:57:31
ChumDumpster's wife irl  
Update 2022: Site has been soured for me so I took a break. Still not certain about coming back...
Dye96
Level 237
Sex Appeal: 11319135
Freethinkerland
01.10.2020 07:21:14
Dye96

What happened last night was... interesting. Helps us set more ground rules for the next election, that's for sure.

01.10.2020 07:21:14
Poison Black
Level 64
Sex Appeal: 202811
Secville
01.10.2020 17:07:25
Poison Black

Okay, people. I know it's already over and there's no way to my opinion affect anything but I would like to point that the community - as a whole - achieve a huge amount of changes in the past few months. Things happen when we team up and work together. The Secretary, for instance, is a project that start with a huge amount of players talking to each other in the backstage and trying to figure out a way to protect our most vulnerable groups - no matter who would be in charge in the future - and it happened because we are able to listen to each other.

At that time, we had multiple people in the staff who belongs to LGBTQIA+ community and it's a good thing. I would like to had more POCs users involved on backstage, of course. I think that our team should be the most diverse as possible, but I would like to point how we progress without the support from TB. The Secretary still don't receive the tittle and has no tools, but even that, we manage to work it out and Origin is already on her duty.

We change the rules to assure that no one else could be mistreated and on backstage, we start to vote about stuff before applying any sanction in order to avoid power abuse. Foruns bans are decided by 3 of us and everyone could reach to any of us in the case that they need an explanation. 

Of course, there's still a lot to improve but:

1) Yes, we can do things by ourselfs and there's a lot of people who already do it.
 KirstyD8 already had an alternative voting system for PBFC and we could ask for a montly prize to solve it. So, please, don't be so skeptical about meatbomb program. Creativity and team work carry us for a long way. 

2) Let's be polite and stop throwing stones at each other. The three candidates don't ask for it and work very well together on the Pink House. I'm pretty sure that no one want it to turn into a public bash. Bring the Alexstrasza subject is a sucker punch because back there, if I recall correctly, FWN are not the only one who got deceived by her and call her a friend. I don't want to be a jerk, but her behavior isn't normal and even working with her for little to no time I was deeply concerned with her mental health due to how much she take this game seriously. I don't wanna be on FWN shoes, walking in eggs to not throw her under a crisis. Plus, POCs causes and concern are very valid but I would prefer to hear their voice directly. 

01.10.2020 17:07:25

Surprise, b*tch! Something Wicked is coming, and I guess it's me! Who's the baddest witch in town? ;)

Please LOGIN to post a reply.

Ximboland asks you to accept cookies for performance, social media and advertising purposes. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalised ads. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy.
For more information on Google's privacy policy please see here. By continuing to browse you consent to our cookies.
OK

Cookies and Policy

Cookies Policy

Ximbolands uses cookies on https://ximbo.land. By using the Service, you consent to the use of cookies.

Our Cookies Policy explains what cookies are, how we use cookies, how third-parties we may partner with may use cookies on the Service, your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.

What are cookies

Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.

Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.

How Ximbolands uses cookies

When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.

We use cookies for the following purposes: to enable certain functions of the Service, to provide analytics, to store your preferences, to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising.

We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.

Third-party cookies

In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.

What are your choices regarding cookies

If you'd like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to delete or refuse cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser.

Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.

Where can your find more information about cookies

You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Ximbo land ?
The Internet republic of Ximbo lands is the worlds first Internet republic.

What is its mission?
To unite the world.

Where is MissBimbo.com? Miss Bimbo was much better than this site.
The Internet republic of Ximbo land was created by Miss Bimbo herself and is its more intelligent successor. The old site was for junior bimbos. This site is for intelligent Ximbos.

What is the national flag of Ximbo land?
Ximbolands Flag

When was the Internet republic of Ximbo land founded

What is the capital city of the Internet republic of Ximbo land?
Bimbo City

How many states make up the internet republic of Ximbo land?
There are 6 states that make up the internet republic of Ximbo lands. They are ­ Atheistia, Freethinkerland, Reasonopia, Agnostica, Secville, and Antitheocra. Bimbo City is the neutral administrative capital and is its own city zone. Boob Island is the home of the President of the Internet republic of Ximbo land

What is a Ximbo citizen?
A ‘Ximbo’ or ‘Ximbo citizen’ is a member of the internet republic of Ximbolands community.

How can I become a Ximbo citizen?
In order to become a citizen of Ximboland you must first pass the Ximbolands citizens test. It is free to become a Ximbo citizen.

What is a Ximbo senator?
A Ximbo senator is a senior member of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. Only senators are eligible to put themselves forward for election to become State Ministers and then ultimately the Prime Ximbo.

Who is the Prime Ximbo?
The Prime Ximbo is the democratically elected head of the Internet republic of Ximbo land.

Where does the Prime Ximbo live?
The Prime Ximbo lives in the Pink House for the 4 month term they are in office.

I want to become Prime Ximbo. How do I do that?
Any Ximbo citizen can become Prime Ximbo using the democratic process. Its a 3 stage process from Senator>State Minister> Prime Ximbo. All Ximbo citizens can vote in general elections but in order to put themselves forward to become Prime Ximbo they must first become a Ximbo senator. All Ximbo senators are electable as state ministers. State Minister elections take place every 4 months also. Only state ministers are eligible to then become the Prime Ximbo.

Can I become Prime Ximbo more than once?
Yes ­ a Ximbo can hold the position of Prime Ximbo for 3 terms max.

How often do elections take place?
The Internet republic of Ximbolands holds elections every 4 months for Prime Ximbo and 4 months for State Minister.

Where do important discussions take place?
The Forum.

What is the treasury/Prime Ximbos salary?
The treasury/salary is the bank account of the Internet republic of Ximbo land. This figure is transferred to the paypal account of the Prime Ximbo at the end of their 4 month term in charge.

How is the treasury calculated?
The treasury is funded by the Ximbo citizens.
A percentage of the money paid by Ximbo citizens via Paypal and SMS is transferred into the Ximbo treasury. The rest is wisely used for further game development.

What's the national colour of Ximbo land?
Pink

How old must I be in order to become a Ximbo land citizen?
Anyone over the age of 18 are welcome to become a Ximbo citizen.

When are the national holidays of Ximbo land?
Jan 1st ­ New years day
Feb 12th ­ Darwin day
Feb 14th ­ Lovers day
March 8th ­ Womens day
March 21st ­ Spring solstice
April 13th ­ The Hitchslap Day (Christopher Hitchens birthday)
May 3rd ­ National day of reason
June 21st ­ World Humanist Day
Aug 2nd ­ The Internet republic of Ximbo land national day
Sep 21st ­ Peace one day
Dec 25th ­ Newtons birthday

What is the currency of Ximbo land?
The Ximbo Dollar (B$). Currently it is pegged in value to the US$

Who is the President of Ximbo land?
Miss Bimbo is the president of Ximbo land. She founded the bimbo nation in 2007 after escaping the tyranny, bigotry and and conservatism of the old world. You can read more about her here and here

Report a problem

Type name of the Ximbo you are looking for...